Finally joined the Scouts

On Thursday I could go to my dealer in Bodø(Sulland) and pick up my new Scout. The dealer has been fantastic all the way and I am very happy with the process of buying my first new car. From date of order to pick up took exactly 8 weeks. At the dealer we went through the basics where he took me through the car. He paired my phone with the handsfree system and showed me how to use the towbar. The dealer also had my winter tyres fitted. 16" Continental with spikes. I have the new Xion winter alloys from Skoda.

The car in it self is really fantastic. Beats my expectations. It´s a really good drive and it just feels well put together. It´s also fantastic in winter. It has amazing roadgrip and has not once lost it´s grip.

P1010552.jpg

P1010556.jpg

P1010557.jpg

P1010558.jpg

P1010554.jpg

P1010555.jpg

Welcome to the club buddy :) What is the plastic box attached on passinger footwell? Top tyres too. I just put some rough Conti TS830 on mine.

Edited by CEPi

Welcome to the club buddy :) What is the plastic box attached on passinger footwell? Top tyres too. I just put some rough Conti TS830 on mine.

The plastic box is a "heater/blower". It´s a part of my motor heater. On cold nights I plug electricity into a plug on the car´s bumper and when I wake up and go to work the car is ice-free and warm. Included in this system I have a remote control so I can start the heater when I wish. By using this I avoid a lot of cold starts. As you can see in the pictures I did not have it plugged in last night.

Wild Rover: I think it was about -10C last night. When driving from Bodø(north of the arctic circle) on thursday the temp varied from -25 to -5.

Krimatt.

Think the wheels look fantastic by the way - what size are they? Are they shown in any brochures? Also how are you finding the handling on snow?

The wheels are the newest Skoda winter alloy. It´s made in Italy. My wheels are 16" which was what the dealer recommended. Even though 17" and 18" wheels look better, 16" are better for winter and snowy and icy roads. The wheel is called Xion and I have not seen it in any brochures yet.

The handling on snow is excellent. So much better than what I was expecting and what I am used to. But I must mention that I am on brand new winter tyres with spikes which is the most important thing in winter; especially up here.

My old Outback is losing it´s grip a lot more often than the scout. This is probably due to tyres, but it could also be that the ESP and Haldex4 systems are as good as I hope. Probably it´s a combination of both :yes:

Are they DRL's in the second picture?

They look more yellow / halogen than the 4x white LED's.

If not, how have you managed to turn your front fogs on without side or dipped headlights?

Are they DRL's in the second picture?

They look more yellow / halogen than the 4x white LED's.

If not, how have you managed to turn your front fogs on without side or dipped headlights?

The lights in my 2nd picture is DRL´s, but I am not allowed to use them as we in Norway must use our headlights for DRL´s. They turn on automatically when I set the light switch to 0. When I set the light switch to auto my xenons come on. I can however turn off the DRL function in the maxi-dot.

The DRL/Fog are four white LED, but I think the picture quality is to blame for the look of Halogen.

If the LED DRL's cannot be used in Norway then why are they fitted?

As they use the same aperture as the fog lights would it not make more sense to have the fogs instead of the DRL's?

Here in the UK we can pay extra for the DRL's in leiu of the fogs on the Scout until they become a legal requirement next year whereby I assume we'll loose the front fogs until the next facelift / next generation Scout.

Looks great. I fancied a Scout after last winter in Scotland, but they are as rare as hen's teeth second hand.

While we were clearing our drives of 8ins of snow this morning my next door neighbour asked when I was selling my Scout because he would like to buy it when I do.

Not that I have any plans to part with it for a while.

My Octavia estate has been brilliant in Central Scotland with winter tyres on, but I'd love the extra ride height and underbody protection. I hate to think what my under tray will be like after all the scraping on ice ridges. Oh, 4 wheel drive wouldn't go amiss either :smirk:

It's either a Scout or a Yeti for my next car. :yes: