Snow forcast this Wed !

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Snow forcast in 2 days time when all of us Scout drivers have fun testing the car, it performed brilliantly last year and now I can show off my rear with a 4x4 badge on a Skoda ! B) cheers - Stuart

bit of hail here in the North East today, it's cold, but not too cold at the mo... local forecast has no real mention of wide-spread snow.

Al.

ps. Altho not a Yeit or Octy, i still has the 4x4 badge! ;)

Edited by ukcruiser

Thankfully the snow doesn't get to Yorkshire (hope it doesn't arrive either) My new vRS is still on standard rubber, no monies available for second set of wheels and winter tyres.

But on reflection, I am more than happy with the vRS - owned for one week and covered 800 miles already! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

It's fun if I am not working, but I hate it if I have a job to go to as it means traveling many miles at slow speed in crawling traffic. Sometimes it's not that I can stop that's the problem, it's can the car behind??

Thankfully the snow doesn't get to Yorkshire (hope it doesn't arrive either) My new vRS is still on standard rubber, no monies available for second set of wheels and winter tyres.

But on reflection, I am more than happy with the vRS - owned for one week and covered 800 miles already! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I'm also buying a VRS tommorrow! It's a red one and it drives superbly. I can't wait!

Edited by VRS-R

Much fun to be had earlier today at the Castlecary arches on the A80. I'm now definitely convinced about winter tyres.

Last year I lost all confidence in my ability to drive in the snow. With winters on I was able to breeze past stricken Porsches and Chryslers. Yes they did get a bit twitchy sometimes, but they don't punish you for any minor errors that might otherwise have caused a loss of control of the vehicle.

Had fun Friday evening, ventured out to Dorset & Wiltshire to see if I could find the snow - to get some practice in before I go to the Alps in January. I climbed quite easily I must say Church Hill & Tout Hill, Shaftesbury. I couldn't believe the car did it, so I tried it again. B)

Photo0090.jpg

And today down in Dungeness (near the power station). Roads were icy. Yay! My winter tyres really worked well, glad I bought them - far better than the snow chains that I had for my 307.

IMG_3143.JPG

Edited by Lornak

been very impressed with my sco0ut over the last few days. Only on summers but I've been hauling a trailer with house moving stuff, even got ho pull a long wheelbase VW transporter van out of a snowy side-street!

Just need to see how I get on back at work tomorrow and will decide whether £400 for winters is necessary...

My vRS was a nightmare in the snow tonight, struggled to get into my street and had no grip. Tried to keep wheelspin at high revs to a minimum, don't want to burn anything out. ESP actually worked better than without it, cut the power enough to the wheels at handy moments allowing me to keep rolling forwards. Hopefully that's more gentle on the engine and clutch?

Been out a bit last couple of days with snowsocks on. Very impressed actually. Obviously tyres are the way to go-fit & forget, and especially if doing longer journeys, but the 'socks were very surefooted. The only downside is putting them on-you do get wet & cold & manky! With a lowered car they'll be a nightmare I guess-to get your hands between the tyre & arches & around the wheel.... :S

Had to take them off on a deserted industrial estate to see how much of a difference they really made :giggle:

Been out a bit last couple of days with snowsocks on. Very impressed actually. Obviously tyres are the way to go-fit & forget, and especially if doing longer journeys, but the 'socks were very surefooted. The only downside is putting them on-you do get wet & cold & manky! With a lowered car they'll be a nightmare I guess-to get your hands between the tyre & arches & around the wheel.... :S

Had to take them off on a deserted industrial estate to see how much of a difference they really made :giggle:

I have just ordered a set of Auto Socks for my vRS, hopefully they actually have stock.

If anyone's wondering whether winter tyres are a good idea, here's my VRS today outside our cottage in Dalarna in the middle of Sunny Sweden

b9am8m.jpg

The traction control didn't kick in once on the way up the wee hill. I'm on Pirelli Winter Carving Edges, and they are fandabidozee.