WE BUY ANY CAR - OPINIONS

bettsy

i have been told that my octavia should be available next week.

therefore i have to sell my astra fairly quickly.

i have obtained a quote from webuyanycar.com which is quite reasonable.

some friends who i have discussed this with tonight are quite cynical.

they claim that i will turn up to have them find any fault they can and knock the price down dramatically

does anyone have experience of selling their cars through the above ??

what is the truth about them ??

my friend got a price for his 106! it was around £800! which was about right!

He took it in, had to pay a admin fee of £49.99, which I believe has now gone up! and then they went round it, and picked up on every mark, scratch, dent or blemish, said that as the tyres weren't new (still had around 4-5mm) they were knocking more money off, and then offered him £220! and he couldnt get his £49.99 back as they had taken the ****.

we buy any car sales team are paid a very low wage (about £4 a hour) they earn there money from knocking money off from original quote,

they get £10 from every £100 off the online quote.

my dad got offered £10000 for his volvo s40 and they knocked it down to £8000 because it had a replaced engine, light scratch on the boot, tyres weren't illigal but needed replacing and other bits, the sales man would of got £200 if my dad had took up his offer,

insted he got £11000 on private sale!!

i warn you not to touch them with a barge pole unless your really out of options and not worried about how much you get for your car

When I sold my Laguna to them, they only offered me an extremely low price for it. But as the car had a fault with the wheel bearings that would cost a lot of money to do (ie a lot more than the car was worth) I went with it, the rep went outside to look at the car (I had put as average condition) walked round it once, looked inside, and then came back in and the deal was done. He didnt haggle because he thought he was getting a good deal. Job done, with a smile on my face. If he had driven it he would have changed his mind mwahahaha. But in all seriousness I didnt find much to fault them apart from the value offered for the car. I found it the best way to get rid quick.

If you're happy with that price, try putting it on Pistonheads (free, and well respected) for a little bit more than they'll offer. If it's below market value (as their prices normally are), it'll go quickly I'd guess.

we buy any car sales team are paid a very low wage (about £4 a hour) they earn there money from knocking money off from original quote,

they get £10 from every £100 off the online quote.

Out of interest, where'd you get that from, as £4 is well below the min wage for anyone over 18. Unless you mean it gets made up a 'decent' hourly rate with the reductions they get knocked off?

Edited by TriggerFish

If your car isn’t too old and in good nick, you can try to sell it to a dealer. I sold my Sedici to a Fiat dealer as it wasn’t quite 3 years old and in nice condition. I sold it for what I wanted, got the cheque the day I dropped it in and lost less than £500 in 2 years from buying it. I also sold my BMW 123D back to a dealer and got a lot more than the guide prices where suggesting it was worth. It doesn’t always work and probably won’t if your car is more than a few years old and in less than good condition. It also helps if it isn’t a car that they can easily get a hold of too.

Always worth ringing up a Sales Controller and asking him/her if they are interested in buying for stock.

There is about 3 or 4 different ones so shop around. I used a similar site and was very happy got about 1k more than anyone offered trade in, prob 500 less than would have got privately.

If u go into it expecting them to find a few bits and bobs and knock a little off it works well. Oh and be honest.

No hassle and a quick sale.

Estimate for mine was 10k got 9.6 but it did need new pads and a service in 8 weeks. Best I got offered trade in was 8.4

P.s was a webuyalike not actually them.

There is about 3 or 4 different ones so shop around. I used a similar site and was very happy got about 1k more than anyone offered trade in, prob 500 less than would have got privately.

If u go into it expecting them to find a few bits and bobs and knock a little off it works well. Oh and be honest.

No hassle and a quick sale.

Estimate for mine was 10k got 9.6 but it did need new pads and a service in 8 weeks. Best I got offered trade in was 8.4

P.s was a webuyalike not actually them.

only know webuyanycar

who are the others ??

they claim that i will turn up to have them find any fault they can and knock the price down dramatically

Daughter & SIL have had same experience . Their advice ---AVOID LIKE PLAGUE . Perhaps TSA should INSIST re branding as "WE TRY TO STEAL ANY CAR .COM"

I flicked through a Which? magazine last night which recommended avoiding WBAC unless you're desperate. On average their prices were £1400 less than you can get privately, and about £1200 less than trade in value.

i have been told that my octavia should be available next week.

therefore i have to sell my astra fairly quickly.

i have obtained a quote from webuyanycar.com which is quite reasonable.

We ditched an old company car through them and they did offer a couple of hundred quid less than the online quote, but for that particular vehicle it wasn't too silly an offer.

We've now got a lexus IS220D to shift and their online quote seems rather low compared to what they are fetching on ebay so I'll be giving them a miss this time.

It doesn't hurt to get a quote from them and also a valuation from Glass's via Vauxhall and see how far out they are.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

It doesn't hurt to get a quote from them and also a valuation from Glass's via Vauxhall and see how far out they are.

The Glass's guide via Vauxhall doesn't work for me anymore. They seem to have closed the loophole :(

I've used them and didn't have any reason to complain. The guy I dealt with was perfectly reasonable - the service you get will probably be *very* variable around the country though due to the nature of the operation.

If your car is 3-5 years old then I'd say sell privately, or to a dealer - you'll get a better price. But remember selling privately isn't always a picnic - there are plenty of threads on here about people complaining of the hassle of trying to sell a car themselves!  WBAC will give you a low price because they just sell them on at auction.

They will knock money off their "headline" quote for any cosmetic damage, tyre wear, etc.  If they ask you to pay any sort of "valuation fee" or "admin fee" up front, then run away, and complain loudly to their head office - they SHOULD NOT be doing that. When I took my (elderly) car in, they gave me a final this-is-what-you'll-get-in-your-bank valuation after the deductions - and then it was up to me to say yes or no to the deal. Can't say I have any problems with that.