Paying For New Fabia

Tas

If i was to order a new fabia tomorrow do i start paying now or when i get it?

anyone know if theres finance options available?

When you get it. A deposit may be required on placing the order (I had to pay £750) with the remainder of the deposit payable on collecting the car - assuming you're not part-exing.

At the moment there's 0% over 2 years with a 50% deposit on certain models. I got 5.9% over 3 years, and then there's the options scheme.

If i was to order a new fabia tomorrow do i start paying now or when i get it?

anyone know if theres finance options available?

Start paying when you get the car, i went for the options scheme as its gave me the guaranteed future value.

pinklips :cocktail:

I usually try to pay in cash when I buy cars, I recommend it :).

It's almost impossible to pay cash for a new car these days. The money laundering regs mean they can't take more than £10,000 without knowing where it came from and then they don't want the staff exposed handling huge amounts of cash to and from the bank.

I tried to pay for a car on my Switch card and they wouldn't have that either as they couldn't verify the transaction apparently, so it was a good old fashioned cheque and then Transax to guarantee the transaction. Amazing.

And given that Skoda are doing 2 years interest free credit with a 50% deposit on the better models, you'd be daft to pay for it up front when you can hold on to the dosh for 2 years.

And given that Skoda are doing 2 years interest free credit with a 50% deposit on the better models, you'd be daft to pay for it up front when you can hold on to the dosh for 2 years.

Yep ,thats what I did. The money I would have given the dealer can earn interest so cutting down the actual price of the car.

John

I also have gone for this option, but I will have to wait till sometime in the New Year for mine (build week 3). :'(

Yep ,thats what I did. The money I would have given the dealer can earn interest so cutting down the actual price of the car.

John

Aaah the sweet life of continuously expanding credit limits. Why pay when you can be your own central bank :). It works ... for a while, ask any credit addicted european government :).

/cars payed off and money in the bank and no worries

That answered his question :dull:

you usually pay a deposit when ordering the car and the first payment will come out a month after you get the car,

You'll pay a deposit of some sort when ordering the car. On collection you'll obviously drop off your part ex (if there is one) and drive away in the new one. A month after collection the first finance payment will be made and it may be slightly higher than normal as it may include finance setup charges etc. 60 days after handover the normal finance payments will commence (if your first one included the setup charges).

Anyone who has cash at present to pay for their car, & is not taking up the 0% finance ( model permitting) is positively looney. emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

O.K. the interest on savings is totally carp, but irs better to get something & pay no interest on a car loan.

Anyone who has cash at present to pay for their car, & is not taking up the 0% finance ( model permitting) is positively looney. emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

O.K. the interest on savings is totally carp, but irs better to get something & pay no interest on a car loan.

Agree 100%, interest free credit with a 50% deposit is a no brainer. Same car, same cost. But an extra 5k+ in your bank for a bit or earning you money elsewhere. Interest may even pay for the annual service. :thumbup:

For those that can spare the money, put it into a bank's guarenteed investment plan. That will pay for the annual service.

Just means you won't be able to show off here that you paid cash. ;) (and who really cares anyway if you did?)

As a total looney, who has chucked away 0.25% interest on about 5.5K - £15 (ie over 2 years on 2750) - by not paying about £1100 to upgrade to elegance, I think it pays to look at the total and work out how little you need to spend to get the car you need. And when looking at the options we first ticked all the boxes, and then imagined paying for each one with real tenners, or thought of that new camera I wanted and compared with fog lights, which would have to be the cornering sort, of course - etc etc. Ended up with one option. Anything that further divorces the feeling that your spending real money - like 0% credit - just makes it easier to spend more - that's why they do it.

2.75% internet e-saver account on the approx £8000 you did not have to pay up front.( I know this will reduce as you make payments but it is still worth it. )

John

As a total looney, who has chucked away 0.25% interest on about 5.5K - £15 (ie over 2 years on 2750)

Find a financial advisor. You can lock an amount into a product with virtually guarenteed return of between 5% and 7% usually. Minimum period 1 year.

No risk. If it doesn't work out (slim chance) you still get the money back so lost nothing as car on 0%. If it does you are in front.

Am already doing this and it gave us the money to buy a Yeti as our second car. :thumbup:

One year alone on 2.7k pays for the first years service over 130 pounds. :yes: