Rear wiper vandalised!

Came out today to find my rear wiper missing! Great.

They've basically left me with the washer jet and a broken spline! My question is

The threaded spline that the wiper fits over and has a nut on is snapped so I won't be able to secure the wiper arm onto it. Is the spline part of the wiper motor or not?

I'm actually in the same situation (sad hi5).

I'm left with the coma-shaped bit (made of metal, dark in colour, the spring and the wiper used to be attached to it, I guess it's called the spline). Which still moves there and back when I switch it on.

All the other bits are either bent or broken to bits. Any advise on where to go for parts? (except the obvious, local dealer - pricey...)

Edited by daulex

Same thing happened to me son's Fabia VRS recently. They snapped the plastic arm where it attaches to the aluminium casting that sits on the splined shaft.

Complete new arm (plastic arm + aluminium bit that goes on the splined shaft) with rubber blade is about £24 for Skoda main dealer. But they can be bought separately. Ive lost the receipt so cant tell you the part numbers Im afraid.

The hard bit was getting the old aluminium bit off the splined shaft. Corrosion had fuse them together - couldnt pull them apart. I had to carefully hack saw bits off without cutting into the splines until it was so weakened that came away from the splines in pieces. Not actually hard - you just have to be careful to not hit the car with the junior hack saw - sticky tape over the ends offers some protection.

The fabia has a tendency to kick mucky water up the back screen somewhat though.

Especially now with the snow, it's the biggest annoyance I've had with the car (and I've had plenty). Thanks for the tips guys, called the dealers (closed till monday now :().

Yep I fitted the OEM mudflaps and even that didn't stop it happening, probably reduced it a little though. The OEM mudflaps are more form than function it seems.