new octavia vrstdi pros and cons

Hi Folks. This topic has probably been discussed many times over, but I have finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a 2011 vrs tdi. I live in the emerald isle. I would be interested to find out the pros and cons of this particular model. I hope to purchase the car with the following options,depending on the squeeze I can put on the dealers!!

Race blue colour

leather seats

Standard 17 instead of 18 inch wheels (Irish road susrfaces !!)

Are there any other 'must haves'?

My commute is only 10 miles each way and I have had no issues with my DPF so I would not worry too much about that. The CR is not as quick as the petrol VRS but still has plenty of power to be fun. The fuel ecomony is better and you can expect around 40-45mpg with over 50mpg on a long run. If getting the leather seats then I would also get the heated seats as they can be quite cold in the winter. I would also get maxidot as it is cheap and gives more functionality. Also rear parking sensors can be useful as rear visibility is not the best on the Octavia.

I have had a PD vRS & now a CR. No issues with DPF whatsoever on the CR, touch wood.

I do have 18's & had 17's on last car for same reason as yourself. However, I've noticed very little difference in ride etc on 18's-pleasantly surprised! I'd go with 18's-they do look a lot better! V. little difference in tyre price either.

Remember too that you will pay VRT on options (robbing bra stewards :dull: ) but having said that, VRT & road tax on vRS TDI is low 'cos of CO2.

I'd opt for Xenons over leather too, TBH unless you don't do much night driving.

A full size spare is a must, as is maxidot.

HTH!

Hi Folks. This topic has probably been discussed many times over, but I have finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a 2011 vrs tdi. I live in the emerald isle. I would be interested to find out the pros and cons of this particular model. I hope to purchase the car with the following options,depending on the squeeze I can put on the dealers!!

Race blue colour

leather seats

Standard 17 instead of 18 inch wheels (Irish road susrfaces !!)

Are there any other 'must haves'?

Hi Bud,

I went for the vRS this year and am delighted with it.

Living down here in Cork.

The only extra I added was the leather option.

No heating as I felt It was not needed,, ( I still dont need it) Have the car 8 weeks now and have 6,5k on it already

Averaging 44mpg so happy with that.

Had a loan of a L&K while waiting for this and that had xenons,, Whilst they are nice I would not par €1100 for them

Only paid €700 for the leather option.

Also had DSG which I must say I got used to but found it was pretty heavy on diesel around town if you enjoy "Hill Climbing" emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Once you get the vRS in 6th gear it will pull like a train anyway.

To be honest there is very little I would like to add to it..

Very happy with the sound system as standard.

I would advise getting a 16 or 32 gig sdhc card and load it up with mp3's ripped at no less than 320Kbps. Sound is spot on.

Radio sounds a bit tinny alright but I never listen to it anyway.

18" wheels maybe @ €379 seem good deal

Midi @ €163

Thats about it

Comes as standard with Rear parking sensors

MFD comes as standard

Oh,

One other thing.

Get a white one.. emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Thanks folks, keep them coming

I'm bending towards the 18's alright, much better looking than than the 17's

Race blue colour and the leather seats with the bum warmers!!

• 2 weeks later...

CR a year old at the end of the month only 8.5k miles on the clock.........................no issues with DPF yet. Have to say this is the lowest (yearly) mileage I've clocked up in nearly 15 years.

CR a year old at the end of the month only 8.5k miles on the clock.........................no issues with DPF yet. Have to say this is the lowest (yearly) mileage I've clocked up in nearly 15 years.

Small mileage alright

My last car had only 20k Kilometers on it after 2.5 years.. This one has 7.5k Kilometers on it after 10 weeks emoticon-0136-giggle.gif