DPF removal and re-map

Can the DPF be put back on if needed and is it classed as a mod so do you need to inform your Insurance company even if you have a re-map that doesn't increase BHP (Stops at 170)

Different people will change it in a different way.

For example, when I spoke to Ben at Shark they take the filter out but leave the casing. Others will remove the DPF entirely and replace with a straight thru pipe.

Silly as it is you could "theoretically" put a 7 litre V8 in a prius & still pay the same tax although the car made of bacofoil would probably collapse under the weight. The thought of a Prius with side pipes spitting flame does seem strangely appealing though

Thats different that would be classed as a Engien transplant you would have to change it on the log book so it was registered as a 7.0 V8 and then you would be taxed accordingly

But yes you are right without the DPF the car still pays the same tax

Thats different that would be classed as a Engien transplant you would have to change it on the log book so it was registered as a 7.0 V8 and then you would be taxed accordingly

But yes you are right without the DPF the car still pays the same tax

Bugger, if you are right thats another project shelved

How do they asses it as the emissions can only be established by testing the car as exhaust etc all have a bearing. It cant be established by just stating an engine size. Many people swap engines in cars but I dont know of anyone who has had to go for an emmisions test, I believe its only required for cars being registered as specials & needing the dreaded Q plate

Edited by Stuart_J

Ive had the usual 2.0 PD Engine stutter problem that i solved with a Skoda Gasket, Ive recently discovered that my Milltek DPF Delete pipe is also leaking so taking it back to Milltek HQ on the 17th

Not been on the forum for a while. What's the 'Skoda Gasket' cure for stuttering all about?

Its not actually a Skoda gasket but Skoda UK where first people to try it on Fabia PD130's so i call it a Skoda Gasket, Its actually of a MK3 Ibiza

Basically theres a Gasket on your EGR Valve, You fit the new gasket in its place, The new gasket has got a smaller hole in it so lets through less "cr4p"

Here's the orignal link: Link Thats for PD130 Engine tho

Heres my Guide for PD170 Here

Edited by AndrewJB

Its not actually a Skoda gasket but Skoda UK where first people to try it on Fabia PD130's so i call it a Skoda Gasket, Its actually of a MK3 Ibiza

Basically theres a Gasket on your EGR Valve, You fit the new gasket in its place, The new gasket has got a smaller hole in it so lets through less "cr4p"

Here's the orignal link: Link Thats for PD130 Engine tho

Heres my Guide for PD170 Here

Thanks Andrew. Unfortunately the PD170 link appears to be broken...

Heres a repost of my thread

As most of you know ive had a stuttering problem for ages (Well since DPF Removal), It does it mainly when launching from a roundabout or traffic lights in 1st and 2nd gear and then when on motorways when accelerating in 5th and 6th.

Ive read about a fix for PD130,PD140,PD150 & PD160 Engines so ive tried it out on the PD170 and it seems to have fixed it :D :D :D Been for a 40 minute drive since and not been able to replicate the stuttering

So whats needed:

1x Part Number:028131547B (£2 From Dave @ SERE Motors)

1x T50 Torx Bit

Below is the original Gasket (Top) and New Gasket (Bottom)

P1010226.jpg

And this is where the old one came from and the new one is going

P1010227.jpg

Basically all as you do is remove your engine cover and undo the two T50 Bolts off the metal pipe! Pull the pipe away from the EGR, Mine was stuck so i used a biggish screwdriver to do it,My old gasket was also stuck on so i also used a smaller screwdriver to pull that off the pipe and remove it.

Slide the new gasket in and fasten it all back up

Takes literally 5 minutes :D

As i said it seems to have solved mine! Not been able to replicate it but im not promising it will fix everybody's but for £2 its worth a try

Edited by AndrewJB

Many thanks. Does this 'cure' help with cars still fitted with their DPF? Or does it just cuase more problems? And out of interest, what happens to the 'crap' that can no longer go through the hole?

Edited by rsbspt

Fitted one to my DPF equipped cr RS and I had no issues since fitted. The car seems to have I bit more pulling power between 1200 - 1800rpm in second where before it was fairly dead. :)

Edited by jcdub

I carnt really comment on what effects it will have with a DPF still fitted

The principle behind this mod is the EGR is there to open and close when needed,it opens and lets "Sooty fumes" back into the engine for a 2nd pass to burn more stuff off, The Smaller hole means less of the sooty fumes end up going back throught the engine so the engine gets cleaner air and therefore runs better

The Stuff that doesnt go back through the EGR just goes out of the exhaust :thumbup: