stubby aeriel

DanGum

my new stubby aeriel has come but how do you get the standard one off? ive loosened it off by un doing it fully but it wont just pull off ?lol have i gotta pull harder?

please help! thanks alot

Gum

yes you have! and then you need to sell me your standard one cheap as some thieving scrote nicked mine the other night!!

Does it make the reception alot worse?

Marginally. I found with mine it only really affects the reception in weak signal areas, ie under bridges and stuff. I also don't get local radio station reception in as big a radius as I used to with the standard aerial, but I can live with that.

The Honda S2000/CTR stubby aerial fits the fabia and as far as we can tell gives better reception than the OEM skoda aerial.

Cost about £25 from a Honda dealer or look out for them on ebay.

Here's mine now it's been fitted onto the new car but we also have one on the wife's vRS.

1599bfb0.jpg

24676046.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

Perhaps that's one way to stop getting Radio Shropshire and Radio Leicester traffic reports in Gloucester!

I pick up Lincs FM, (We have family out in Lincolnshire), in North Sheffield easily with the Honda aerial on. Was great the time the dealers were trying to say a fault on the wife's HU was down to me having a none OEM aerial fitted until i challenged the guy to try and get the fore mentioned radio station on any of the cars on the forecourt.... Needless to say her's was the only Skoda that got it. :rofl:

Cheers

Dave.

I went back to the OEM from the very short Citroen Stubby aerial. I found that the Citroen one was only any good in good reception areas, and I live in and tend to drive around poor areas, so it drove me a bit barmy in the end. If I lived in Leeds I am sure it would be perfect.

The Honda S2000/CTR stubby aerial fits the fabia and as far as we can tell gives better reception than the OEM skoda aerial.

Cost about £25 from a Honda dealer or look out for them on ebay.

That would make http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Stubbie-Stubby-Aerial-Civic-Type-R-S2000-Type-S-/110622578285?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c19e966d used for £11.99 delivered, a reasonable buy. With reports of better reception I think I may get one.

Edited by anewman

Just got one of the Honda aerials off Ebay and it seems to make the FM signal stronger than the OE one with my Pioneer HU and aerial amplifier. Will need to test it a bit more though. Better than the tiny Ciitroen one for definite anyway.

Just got one of the Honda aerials off Ebay and it seems to make the FM signal stronger than the OE one with my Pioneer HU and aerial amplifier. Will need to test it a bit more though. Better than the tiny Ciitroen one for definite anyway.

could you post a pic of the aerial on the car please mate? :) thinking of geting one, does it sit flush with the circle base on the car?

thanks, jordan

It's a bit wider than the base but doesn't look overly so or too silly, sure a pic has been posted before but will try get one up tomorrow.

thats not a fabia? lol but what your saying it has the same base, get ya now sorry :)

think ill go for this, sits flush and is tiny lol how good it will be is another thing lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Short-Stubby-Aerial-Fits-VW-Audi-Honda-Seat-Skoda-etc-/320597111549?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa513b2fd

jordan

Was in a VW main dealer getting screen wash and I asked the parts bloke for the cost of the stubby aerial from the new Polo as it looked as though it would fit straight on the Fabia.

Apparently you can't buy it separately but only as one unit with the base (despite it looking as though they separate - haven't tried though!) so circa £120.

That's the Citroen one I had fitted previously, I got bored of it because I live in a poor radio reception area and so mostly drive in a poor reception area, if you get good reception you should be fine.

Found a pic of it on a Fabia here http://www.fabia-vrs.co.uk/2008/01/fabia-vrs-s2000-aerial-upgrade.html

And here's the Citroen stubby fitted to my car

DSC00815s.jpg

Edited by anewman

That's the Citroen one I had fitted previously, I got bored of it because I live in a poor radio reception area and so mostly drive in a poor reception area, if you get good reception you should be fine.

Found a pic of it on a Fabia here http://www.fabia-vrs.co.uk/2008/01/fabia-vrs-s2000-aerial-upgrade.html

And here's the Citroen stubby fitted to my car

DSC00815s.jpg

thanks :) i never really use the radio anyway lol so i shud be ok lol :)

• 4 weeks later...

I know it may be too late for you now but only just seen your request for pics of the Honda one on a vRS.... Here's a close up of the base and a couple of more general pics of it on the car

IMG_2105.jpg

P1000424.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg

HTH

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey