Why is this so cheap?

xa0sx

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2196834.htm

Phoned him up, he claims it's HPI clear, serviced today, MOT'd today, tax'd for months... Mint except a few tiny stone chips, Oct spiders in mint condition (will sell for £400+ on here), 312mm brakes (will sell to me for £150), Strut brace, HID's, etc... Standard other than that, not mapped, £3,600 and said he will take offers... WTF? He said it needs to go before Christmas as he has bills etc... Can't find anything wrong with it but obviously I ain't seen it in person

Looks pretty clean on pics however there not recent one so it might well be very tatty now ?

I've seen so many people selling there car using pics of when they first got it looking mint and in actual fact it turning out to be a shed !

That price doesn't seem to fit with the advert ? Maybe the milage is wrong and be 158000 ?

Hello mate,

No it is genuine, it's my friend that's selling it. Can confirm genuine low mileage, car is mint (seats could do with a clean), but it doesn't have the service book, and he's had it listed for so long now, he just wants to sell it.

I would have had it off him instead of mine, except he decided to not sell it when I was in the market for one, then as soon as I got one decided he was selling it again! It has been waxed every week (and I mean every), paintwork is spotless.

Go check it out if interested, definitely worth a look.

HTH :)

Hello mate,

No it is genuine, it's my friend that's selling it. Can confirm genuine low mileage, car is mint (seats could do with a clean), but it doesn't have the service book, and he's had it listed for so long now, he just wants to sell it.

I would have had it off him instead of mine, except he decided to not sell it when I was in the market for one, then as soon as I got one decided he was selling it again! It has been waxed every week (and I mean every), paintwork is spotless.

Go check it out if interested, definitely worth a look.

HTH emoticon-0100-smile.gif

You had better be sure your facts are true, stated here as a member

(freedom meber ship is cheap to move on a shed, but you have supplied all your details to be a freedom member so you are in the firing line if it is not) :-)

As stated earlier he would shift it quicker at a more realistic price the old saying

"If it is to good to be true then it probably is" kicks in

National

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2196834.htm

Phoned him up, he claims it's HPI clear, serviced today, MOT'd today, tax'd for months... Mint except a few tiny stone chips, Oct spiders in mint condition (will sell for £400+ on here), 312mm brakes (will sell to me for £150), Strut brace, HID's, etc... Standard other than that, not mapped, £3,600 and said he will take offers... WTF? He said it needs to go before Christmas as he has bills etc... Can't find anything wrong with it but obviously I ain't seen it in person

good little plug that for one of your mates,

both from London? you should go check it out for any one interested on here? maybe get his address? ,

if i found a car i wouldn't ring up and ask all the details if i had one sat on the drive !

good little plug that for one of your mates,

both from London? you should go check it out for any one interested on here? maybe get his address? ,

if i found a car i wouldn't ring up and ask all the details if i had one sat on the drive !

I don't know the guy... I just found it on Pistonheads. We were gunna go and have a look but in the end couldn't be bothered, me and a mate were gunna go halves on it purely to profit but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Whats the dent on the roof like?

Possible write off haha.

Ijoke

May be fine, untill a week down the line find out turbo seals are gone etc. Like me.

I paid £3900 for my yellow 54 plate on 74k.

Needs a new turbo ideally and just had a new steering rack fitted.

Brings it up to the usual value of £4500 ish etc.

Something to think about ;)

Also, the advert title suggests the car is hiding something haha :D

TBH, like buying any car id give it a good look over. At that price, as long as its not written off or stolen it`ll be a bargain whatever. If the turbo went £300 and it`ll be back on the road, they can be picked up for cheap now. The the clutch, well if that went, it`d be another £250. So even if both so called "big jobs" need doing, your still only just over £4 grand. :rofl:

Wish i had the cash hanging about

matt

Alarm bells start ringing for me when its THAT underpriced, especially as its situated down South. If it is indeed as clean as it looks I'd echo what others have been saying about bumping the price.

We looked at a fair few before buying and noticed most we passed on went in that time (less than a week)!

You had better be sure your facts are true, stated here as a member

(freedom meber ship is cheap to move on a shed, but you have supplied all your details to be a freedom member so you are in the firing line if it is not) :-)

As stated earlier he would shift it quicker at a more realistic price the old saying

"If it is to good to be true then it probably is" kicks in

National

National,

Yeah the facts are true mate (although as it's not me that's selling it, I've got no accountability for the advert, freedom membership or not! ;)), as I said, I was considering buying it, but he took it off sale as I was in the market for one, then started selling it again straight after!

The story is basically he has been trying to sell it for ages for £5800, but everyone who comes to look at it says 'it's got no service book, and the seats are dirty, so I'm not buying it for that price', but now he's given up trying to get a decent amount for it and just wants rid, I'm sure you must have been in a similar situation at some point in your life (not necessarily with a car, but anything you just wanted rid of)?

The car is nice, very clean (except the seats), genuine mileage and a real steal for anyone wishing to purchase it. Admittedly the dent in the roof was a bit of a turn off for me, but then my old car was dented and I didn't want the new one to start life being dented, if that makes sense.

Definitely worth a punt if anyone was in the market for one.

Alarm bells start ringing for me when its THAT underpriced, especially as its situated down South. If it is indeed as clean as it looks I'd echo what others have been saying about bumping the price.

We looked at a fair few before buying and noticed most we passed on went in that time (less than a week)!

Whats that supposed to mean? :wonder:

Does anyone know this seller?

Ive tried to buy the car and he's just hard work

I wanted a picture and description of where the dint was and how bad and then he said this car was maybe not for me if im so picky then i tried ringing him and his phones unavailable so i sent a text

Now it has a deposit on it but isnt for sale as he wants to enjoy it a little longer but is for sale etc. etc. etc.

Im by no means a timewaster just wanted more information before hooking the trailer up on the Sportline and going to collect it

He's definately a 1 out of 10 for selling capability

Does anyone know this seller?

Ive tried to buy the car and he's just hard work

I wanted a picture and description of where the dint was and how bad and then he said this car was maybe not for me if im so picky then i tried ringing him and his phones unavailable so i sent a text

Now it has a deposit on it but isnt for sale as he wants to enjoy it a little longer but is for sale etc. etc. etc.

Im by no means a timewaster just wanted more information before hooking the trailer up on the Sportline and going to collect it

He's definately a 1 out of 10 for selling capability

Walk away, take your time and get a good 'un.

Guest BigJase88

thats why it hasn't sold then....

the guys a tool!

looks like he's modified his advert as it was once upon a time this car is rapid blah blah blah.... the guys a dreamer