Shhhh......This is top secret.......Shhhhhh

Hi all,

First post.

I have been considering a vrs Fabia for a short while to replace a '59 Hyundai i10 as the Mrs has taken the family RAV4 as her own and my job change means I am driving to work again (as well as about a bit with work). The i10 was fine on the occasions I couldn't use the bike to get to the station or to pop to the shops but compared to some of my previous cars (Subaru Legacy, Saab 93) it is a bit slow and tight inside (I am 6'3). I owned an Audi A3 with the 1.8 TFSI engine immediately after the Saab so I know how good these lumps are. With the RAV4 already we don't need another huge car but I want something well spec'ed and quick (when I need it) but that will give a decent MPG. The Fabia seems to tick all of these boxes.

The money off from this deal is enough to to push me into action so I am planning on popping in to arrange a test drive on the 4th but does anyone know if I will fit in the car comfortably?

People have mentioned finance charges etc. There are many ways to consider it but the way I do so is to think of the car as a business purchase and consider the opportunity cost and financing the depreciation. So if I have £14k in savings do I want to sink all of that cash into a new car which is then worth £7k in 3 years time? What if I lose my job or the boiler packs up? Instead I can have £12k in the bank and a car on a PCP plan (that costs almost £150 less than my monthly train ticket used to cost!!!). This used to be slightly easier to justify when you got interest on the lump sum however ....

It makes me wonder what the VAG marketing people will make of a former Saab and Audi owner buying a Skoda? We actually considered a Superb Estate when buying the RAV4 but in the end I didn't want to spend the money buying new as I reckoned a big Skoda is a depreciation pit to match the Saab (£20,500 lost off list price in 4 years anyone?).

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VATofferonvRS.jpg

£13,485 being the retail price

Now that is a good deal :thumbup: cheers MCP for that, more ammo for Tuesday

Cracking Deal. Saving lots of money just like me :)

Marcusfodus have you ordered a new vRS but a full retail price?

Cracking Deal. Saving lots of money just like me :)

Marcusfodus have you ordered a new vRS but a full retail price?

My order form has a lot of blank spaces where figures are not filled in.

What it does have is the first list of options I chose (which has now increased)

My deposit (£6900)

Total price of the car (£15415) minus the PX and the amount we were going to finance on the 0% with a balance to pay on collection.

With the car being one with a snowroof, the build date came and went, then came and went, then was re-built on the week 48. Mid September was when we ordered, so the delays meant we have saved enough to pay the full balance and would not be needing the 0% finance offer.

My order form has a lot of blank spaces where figures are not filled in.

What it does have is the first list of options I chose (which has now increased)

My deposit (£6900)

Total price of the car (£15415) minus the PX and the amount we were going to finance on the 0% with a balance to pay on collection.

With the car being one with a snowroof, the build date came and went, then came and went, then was re-built on the week 48. Mid September was when we ordered, so the delays meant we have saved enough to pay the full balance and would not be needing the 0% finance offer.

Happy days, i was tempted with the 50% deposit 0% finance, really close to ordering in Sept/October but couldnt get the full 50% deposit together.

Are tou expecting delivery any day?

What colour did you go for? Race Blue for me, the green is lovely but decided against it. This is the first brand new car ive bought cant wait to get it. I asked my garage if i could choose the number plate but they say customers cant choose anymore the car is assigned one by "the system" :(

Happy days, i was tempted with the 50% deposit 0% finance, really close to ordering in Sept/October but couldnt get the full 50% deposit together.

Are tou expecting delivery any day?

What colour did you go for? Race Blue for me, the green is lovely but decided against it. This is the first brand new car ive bought cant wait to get it. I asked my garage if i could choose the number plate but they say customers cant choose anymore the car is assigned one by "the system" :(

No they are not. I chose my plate two weeks before Christmas.

All white, black wheels for me :yes:

No they are not. I chose my plate two weeks before Christmas.

All white, black wheels for me :yes:

Thats what i thought, :S , im considering a private plate at some point.

Sounds like a Smart combination, . Red or Grey interior? Wasnt sure how the red would look in a blue car so opt'd for the Grey.

Thats what i thought, :S , im considering a private plate at some point.

Sounds like a Smart combination, . Red or Grey interior? Wasnt sure how the red would look in a blue car so opt'd for the Grey.

I got to choose my number plate from a few on offer when I bought my Octy. I'm expecting to get a little choice when my car gets delivered with a bit of luck.

I went for white with a black roof and black wheels, white/black interior. Having seen the red interior first hand I thought it looked both like an afterthought and tacky. I didn't even realise there was a choice of interior colour as it certainly isn't mentioned in the brochure or options list. Even if it was, it's not an option I would take.

By the way, when I ordered my car, I only had to leave a nominal deposit (£550 in my case) and not the full 50% of the price of the car? The rest of the money is paid when I pick the car up. I've never paid more than a few hundred quid when putting a deposit on a car no matter what the offer.

Edited by scottpcs

I got to choose my number plate from a few on offer when I bought my Octy. I'm expecting to get a little choice when my car gets delivered with a bit of luck.

I went for white with a black roof and black wheels, white/black interior. Having seen the red interior first hand I thought it looked both like an afterthought and tacky. I didn't even realise there was a choice of interior colour as it certainly isn't mentioned in the brochure or options list. Even if it was, it's not an option I would take.

By the way, when I ordered my car, I only had to leave a nominal deposit (£550 in my case) and not the full 50% of the price of the car? The rest of the money is paid when I pick the car up. I've never paid more than a few hundred quid when putting a deposit on a car no matter what the offer.

I've only seen pictures aswel, its on the car configuator online. it only really goes with the corrida red in my opinion. Not sure when it became an option but someone has ordered a rallye Green with the red interior from my garage, not sure how that will look. Is there more interior colour choices for the european market?

Thats correct, only wanted a £300 deposit but the rest would had to be settled on collection of the car. Im not part ex'ing my fabia so i had to either put it up for sale as soon as i ordered it or borrow the amount from the bank until my car sold when settling the amount. Didnt want to be stuck without a car for afew weeks. My brother has now agreed to buy it so thats sorted, sounds abit weak but i love my current fabia (GeeGee) and didnt just want anyone having her.

I have left a £500 deposit now with my current order.

But the offer only applies to those cars bought on Finance or on PCP, in which case you have to add in all the interest they charge for the duration of the loan agreement which over 3-4 years could be a lot more than you are saving.

Are people allowed to change the price if you buy on credit or cash? I was under the impression that some law existed so prices must be the same...excluding interest charges etc

I went for white with a black roof and black wheels, white/black interior.

When do you take delivery. this is the same colour as i want. i think this would look the nuts, but when i mentioned it to the dealership i got a right strange look lol

When do you take delivery. this is the same colour as i want. i think this would look the nuts, but when i mentioned it to the dealership i got a right strange look lol

I got the impression the dealer was expecting everyone to have Rallye Green with a Black roof....

Mate at work has a RS Clio in white with black roof and wheels and looks the business.

Edited by JamesDensley

ive been thinking of having the red interior with the sunroof to brighten the darkness up not sure if it works with silver though :blush:

i did however finally found some decent pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-Skoda-Fabia-Vrs-1390cc-Petrol-/170561508966?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b6421666

Edited by daydotz

ive been thinking of having the red interior with the sunroof to brighten the darkness up not sure if it works with silver though :blush:

i did however finally found some decent pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-Skoda-Fabia-Vrs-1390cc-Petrol-/170561508966?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b6421666

Silver, Black roof, Chrome Alloys and red interior would be smart. with the silver either the grey or red would suit.

I've seen the red interior in numerous coloured cars now.

Only one looked reasonable and that was Red with Black roof which I did like. A hot day in September put me right off Black roof versions, it was too hot to touch, where a white roof version parked next to it was cool to the touch.

I went all white with the grey trim interior and intend doing something with the exterior chrome sharpish ! too much B)

I've seen the red interior in numerous coloured cars now.

Only one looked reasonable and that was Red with Black roof which I did like. A hot day in September put me right off Black roof versions, it was too hot to touch, where a white roof version parked next to it was cool to the touch.

I went all white with the grey trim interior and intend doing something with the exterior chrome sharpish ! too much B)

agreed, i didnt like the chrome on the octavia vRS, and i dont like it on the fabia. a sports/hot hatch shouldnt have chrome. are you going to colour code it? im not sure if it would work as its a really large chunk of chrome and might look garish.

I'm supposed to be picking her up at the end of January and quite frankly I can't wait! I've seen a couple of pictures of what it'll look like but haven't actually seen one in the flesh.

My dealer, like most others I suspect, was raving about the green and looked a bit suprised when I said I didn't like it too much. He even suggested that yellow with a black roof would look good... urrggghhhh!!!! Didn't get much reaction to my colour choice except he said he'd seen one in all white and standard wheels which looked **** apparently (his words!) Said he hadn't seen one in my colour combo tho so the guys at the garage would have a good butchers at it when it arrives!

Never had a white car before so thought I'd go for something different this time.

I went Silver, Black Roof, Red Interior, Dark Chrome Wheels and a Sun Roof.

Was difficult to choose the colours as quite a few with either black or white roof appealed.

However as my signature says got up to a 4 month wait ! :(

Offer details as follows:

"VAT reduction equivalent to 20.0% VAT applied to the original base price including factory fitted optional extras on all Fabia, Roomster, petrol Octavia and petrol Superb new car retail orders taken before 31 March 2011. Reduction applied to the RRP including factory fitted optional extras. VAT is still applicable and will be shown on the customer invoice. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at anytime and is subject to availability."

So factory options are included. :yes: Note that the 0% APR offer has gone.

Offer details as follows:

"VAT reduction equivalent to 20.0% VAT applied to the original base price including factory fitted optional extras on all Fabia, Roomster, petrol Octavia and petrol Superb new car retail orders taken before 31 March 2011. Reduction applied to the RRP including factory fitted optional extras. VAT is still applicable and will be shown on the customer invoice. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at anytime and is subject to availability."

So factory options are included. :yes: Note that the 0% APR offer has gone.

Confirmed... FINALLY!!! This is the day we've all been waiting for, me especially!

Good to see that everything is included in the VAT free offer, INCLUDING EXTRAS. As you say, the 0% finance offer appears to have disappeared but if the flat rate of 2.5% applies like my dealer seemed to think it does then we're still quids in as the VAT reduction should far outweigh the cost of interest on the finance.

Can't wait to speak to my dealer later!

So what's the bottom line price for a hatch and estate with no extras and in a solid colour?

Looks like £12975 (base price) + 690 (delivery, road fund etc.)= £13665 for the hatch and 13683.33+690=£ 14373.33 for the estate. The updated brochure with prices as of 4/1/2011 is on the website.

Looks like £12975 (base price) + 690 (delivery, road fund etc.)= £13665 for the hatch and 13683.33+690=£ 14373.33 for the estate. The updated brochure with prices as of 4/1/2011 is on the website.

That's correct. The VAT free offer applies to the base RRP of the car (as detailed above) and factory fitted options only - the OTR charges of £690, made up of £125 road tax, £55 first registration fee and £510 delivery charge, then apply to the resulting total.

In my case, with all the options I ordered with the car, that's an extra £1213.33 saved on top of my original deal :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by scottpcs