EGR gasket mod

Hi guys just been carrying out a few mods on my Octy and noticed a few references to this on here , what does it achieve and what are the advantages ?

Cheers

:)

i have blanked off the EGR on my ford mondeo tdci and this has the effect of sharpening throttle response and stopping ****e from the exhaust system going back in to the intake manifold

yup, thats pretty much on the money, gives you a cleaner flow of air, less nasty gases going into your EGR and Inlet Manifold, and can significantly reduce the "Hiccup" some peeps get!

Fitted the £2 Gasket to my PD170 and it solved my Hiccuping, Other benefits are alot less 5h1t going throught the engine obviously it doesnt stop it all but for £2ish carnt really complain

Next step is a full on EGR Delete

Edited by AndrewJB

Fitted the £2 Gasket to my PD170 and it solved my Hiccuping, Other benefits are alot less 5h1t going throught the engine obviously it doesnt stop it all but for £2ish carnt really complain

Next step is a full on EGR Delete

Where can I get my hands on one of those gaskets?

Cheers

I was under the impression it was a Skoda part but found out a few months ago that its actually a MK3 Ibiza part :thumbup:

Ring or Email Dave and tell him you want the £2 EGR Gasket hell know exactly what you mean :giggle: He knows the part number of the top of his head

• 1 month later...

Skoda pulled the gasket some time ago it was a mod for the fabia blt engine which in some casses was giving a hiccup at aprox 1800 rpm and the modded gasket was a replacement gasket with a hole of 9mm instead of the original gasket with a hole of about 30 odd mm this restricted the exhaust gasses going back into the engine And it worked but from what we got told it was pulled because it was taking the engine out of the european emission category. I think blanking it off completely could bring the eml light on eventualy so be aware, Wifes got one fitted on a fabia vrs with the blt engine and it completely stopped the hiccup. So skoda dont sell it but seat do. :thumbup:

I see that they do EGR delete kits (pipes). Are they correct in there claims that these can only be good for the engine/turbo ?? Are there any downsides to doing this mod ?? (my car is long out of its warranty)

EGRvalve.co.uk (Previously called Allard)

Thanks for the translation, as I'd rather use someone else or keep it as it is, rather than deal with Allard again...

I see that they do EGR delete kits (pipes). Are they correct in there claims that these can only be good for the engine/turbo ?? Are there any downsides to doing this mod ?? (my car is long out of its warranty)

Having fitted these to Fabias in the past, the only downsides I ever came up against was that the check engine light for EGR operation needs mapping out. The ECU is expecting figures from the EGR system within a certain range, and clearly it won't get these with a bypass fitted, so the CEL will come on. And the other one was that on the Fabia you lost the anti-shudder function when turning off. So you got a slight amount of judder from the engine when you turned off.

Steve

No probs. A few of us also noticed a bizarre beneficial side effect too. With the EGR bypass fitted, the traction control on the Fabia was much less likely to get confused when pulling away quickly! It's thought (although never 100% confirmed) that the EGR valve is used by engine management and the traction control system to limit power if slippage is detected.

The system would still work and come into action is properly provoked, but it was much less likely to get wrong footed in everyday driving.

Strange, but true :)

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Wardy