What is the price and taxes for a new Skoda Octavia?

In Denmark we always hear that we have the highest taxes on cars.

Taxes on new cars is about 180%.

What are the taxes on a new car in your country?

I paid a little over 40.000 euros for my Skoda Octavia Combi 1.8 TSI Elegance in Denmark.

What would an equivalent new car cost in your country?

I paid a little over 40.000 euros for my Skoda Octavia Combi 1.8 TSI Elegance in Denmark.

£18295 on the UK discounted price list today. So that's about €21410 at today's rates.

I have heard that Norway is suposed to have the second highest car tax after Denmark, somewhere above 100%. Tried to find the exact amount but only found unreliable sources. Norway and Denmark is in a league by their own when in comes to car taxes in europe.

I think that car goes for around 300.000NOK so that would be 38 387 in EUR

17.5% until the end of the year then raising to 20% and its in the form of a purchase tax which applies across many products. Only pay it on new cars, second hand cars dont attract the tax.

Cost of fuel on the other hand is terrible over here with the tax man taking the lions share - was 70% at one point now has dropped I believe because our currency is so weak. Either way the motorist is getting hammered with no end in sight.

oh and as previous post said, Skoda currently have an offer to pay the tax ie give a discount on new cars untill the end of the year

Edited by Voyager220v

In Denmark we always hear that we have the highest taxes on cars.

What are the taxes on a new car in your country?

Is there a way around not paying so much tax???

Like buying nearly new, or a dealer demonstrator

Is there a way around not paying so much tax???

Like buying nearly new, or a dealer demonstrator

I would imagine that the used car prices reflect the high "new" cost, so you might not be paying the tax as such but the price would be much higher than the UK.

How do they stop the Danes from just taking a trip across the bridge to Sweden, or even wandering off to Germany? We had that whole issue of "Treasure Island" in the UK a few years ago, and I seem to recall that the flood of right-hand-drive vehicles ordered in the Netherlands started to put paid to some of the worst price discrepancies. The fact that you're LHD must make imports of second-hand DE cars appealing, yes? A registration tax that they get you on when you have to put DK plates on, not a purchase tax, I presume.

That is outrageous, though, especially since I don't recall DK salaries behind wildly different from UK ones. I thought it was just beer that was extortionate there; good job everyone stays 100% sober on Copenhagen's streets on a Friday night, otherwise the government would be making a fortune.

My Scout had a total price 24.500 euro, a price which is made of imported price + 10% customs duty + 16% VAT, so you add about 27.5% to base price. vRS price is 25.000 euro. These are prices without extra options and without pushing the sales guy for discount.

You danish model of Elegance is listed here as delivery price of 21.900 euro with standard options.

Danish and Nordic countries have high taxes as their social life is so nice and state funded, so working class keeps the other non working class happy :wonder:

I worked as a teacher in 9 years and I earn a year around 60,000 euros before tax.

In Denmark we have probably the world's highest tax so we pay everyone over 50% taxes and fees on our earned money.

We can not and must not buy new cars cheaper in other European countries because imported cars also taxed with high fees.

There are a few who buy older cars from Germany but the savings are only a little more equipment.

Edited by Bunuel