iPhone 4 alarm fail

Royston

My alarm didn't go off for work this morning but luckily I woke up automatically at 6 am so not a problem...

Got to work and a few folk were late due to same problem. I've just tested the alarm again and it's still not working. I'm running the latest iOS firmware and it's the oem clock app supplied with the phone.

So using an app from the app store now, which works, to get me up tomorrow.

Seems an upgrade is required to fix it....

Wake up!!!!

Bedside radio alarm? ;) Sometimes it looks like taking the non-techie approach is actually the best option. :D

Except if you have a power cut as we did last night :'(

Maybe one of those clockwork thingummies is the answer :giggle:

Never understood the obsession with iPhones - a piece of over priced distinctly average technology boosted to its heady heights by superb marketing.

Edited by eccleshill

Never understood the obsession with iPhones - a piece of over priced distinctly average technology boosted to its heady heights by superb marketing.

Retina Display, Thin Lithium Ion Battery, A4 processor. - Definately average technology. :dull:

Latest HTC Desire HD - £480 or perhaps the new Nokia N8 £390 or how about the Blackberry Torch £500.

So that makes £499 for a 16Gb iPhone 4 direct from Apple overpriced :wonder:

Im not saying its the Be All & End All of phones as it's not. But it is still a fantastic piece of tech.

All in my humble opinion of course :)

It definately has a lot to do with it. What I hate about all this Apple tech is that it ALL has to run through iTunes and many of these portable speaker systems are iPod/iPhone compatible only. I also hate that even in adverts (the new BT one is a classic) is that they all have iPhones/iPads. All these apps out now are either iPhone only or they only mention iPhone and have in tiny letters at the bottom of the ad that it's also available for Android. I hate it.

It was on BBC this morning, one of the presenters was late because their iPhone 4 alarm did not go off this morning (3/1/11) so its still not fixed.

Mine failed to work on the 1st and 2nd, BUT it was working fine again today :thumbup:

Just checked mine and it works now!?! No excuses for being late to work tomorrow.

My mate's older iFAIL had exactly the same fault...And his drops calls all the time, and is slower than a Lada Riva 1200 going up Garroby hill. He hates it, and feels like running over it with his bus!

Retina Display, Thin Lithium Ion Battery, A4 processor. - Definately average technology. :dull:

Latest HTC Desire HD - £480 or perhaps the new Nokia N8 £390 or how about the Blackberry Torch £500.

So that makes £499 for a 16Gb iPhone 4 direct from Apple overpriced :wonder:

Im not saying its the Be All & End All of phones as it's not. But it is still a fantastic piece of tech.

All in my humble opinion of course :)

Hmmm...

But don't hold it in your left hand when making a call

don't expect the alarm to work

and don't be a heavy user because you can't carry a spare fully charged battery with you.

It's good but not that good.

Oh, and quoting other over priced equivalents still doesn't make it value for money. ;)

I only hold my phone in my left hand whilst making a call - unless I'm using it on bluetooth.

It works perfectly again now though - there is however no excuse for the bug IMO.

and don't be a heavy user because you can't carry a spare fully charged battery with you.

Define a heavy user..... I probably use mine for about 5hrs of calls per day, totalling around 18hrs between charges and it has yet to go flat on me, been close a couple of times though.

It's good but not that good.

I have always been a Nokia lover, I strayed away from them twice but quickly returned (before the 12 month contract ran out!) but IMO the iPhone4 is in a different league, yes there are some things I do not like about it, but 95% of what it does I love, I too do not buy into the whole Apple thing, but the couple of their items I do own I love :thumbup:.

Hmmm...

Free Bumper solves that or majority of other cases. Also happens with most smartphones.

Mine has been fine. It was posted within minutes of the fault being highlighted how to make sure it works. You just set it for everyday.

Solved that problem months ago with this

IMG_0003.jpg

I can use my iPhone 4 now for about a week without charging. Thats calls, Texts, Emails and the playing the odd game.

As for overpriced alternatives. I was just pointing out its about the same price as all the rest of the competition :p