Why did you buy a vRS. . .

Simple the fabia looked far better, and all the reviews made it sound like you would be stupid to buy anything else. I think skoda marketed this car very well hence the huge sales success. Dont think thats going to happen with this new one.

So insurance groups, the PD130 in the Ibiza was group 7 in the sport trim, so why is the vRS two groups higher for technically less car?

Seat ibiza was £1k-2k more of same spec from when I was looking, also, the year I wanted only had ibiza 3drs (but lower insurance) or the high insurance cupra 5 drs (I wanted a 5dr).

The styling is much more modern though compared to the fabia..

Fabia looks better. Also in my opinion i would rather be seen driving a Skoda rather than a SEAT (srs),,,

Plus, you dont see many VRS's on the road. In the 4 months i have had mine. I have probably only seen 3-4 other VRS's... :thumbup:

you've seen more vRSs in the 4 months you've had yours than I've seen Cupras in the nearly 2 years I've had one :thumbup: as for rather being seen in a Skoda than a SEAT, neither are aspirational brands :S

When the Fabia first came out I thought it was a nice looking car, was really taken with it, but at the time I was young and clueless, I bought a brand new Clio 172 purely because of the 0-60 time. Loved the Clio as it was great fun, but 6 months later my wife became pregnant and needed more boot space so traded it in for a Megane. Was gutted to get rid of a car that I thought was great.

A few years later I ended up with my brand new Mazda 3 which was a great car, it looked spot on and was more grown up, it had all the kit and an interior that was spot on. Last year I got sick of spending £50 a week on fuel, was reading Autocar which had an article on used Fabias (specifically the vRS) and I jumped straight in and did a part-ex. Friends couldn't believe I "down graded" but I just love the look of the Fabia.

Did I ever consider a Seat? No.

The Seat looks crap, the Fabia is much more purposeful. I park my car at work next to a black FR most days. Looking at the two I know mine is way better looks wise.

I love the Fabia, it's not the best handling car, but after removing the rear badges I seem to be able to suprise a few more people than I did in the Clio. That said the Clio was like a go-kart in comparison, it felt like it could corner at a million mph lol. Still prefer the Fabia though.

What about a remaped Fabia with a few suspension mods?

P.S. Sorry for going way off-topic.

Raced a slightly tuned Cooper S (air filter, full exhaust system) against my remapped fabia (176bhp) and it was pulling away from a rolling start. about half a car length every 1/4 mile or so

Always liked the Fabia - it's a non-girly small car that doesn't 'feel' small. Some people may find it ugly, but if it is, then I think it's ugly in a good way.

Never gave the SEAT a moment's thought; as Jeremy Clarkson says, it's Spanish!

Crash aversion therapy after some dozy BMW totalled my AX GT. So I decided to buy something with at least twice the weight of steel in it.

I got the Fabia because I could get it cheaper, options were cheaper and aftermarket parts were cheaper. Plus the Skoda garage was less than 2 miles from my house.

Since then it became something of a minor hobby. I spent too much on it partially to improve the driving experience.

J.

We bought Mrs Grrs SDI first and I joined Brisky as I'd never had a DERV car before.

I'd only been on here a short while and started seeing lots of pics of you guys vRS's

and decided to get rid of my 100k VW Bora and give one a go.

I knew it would shift having driven a PD150 Bora sport that my mate used to have.

Soooo glad I did although I never really had the modding bug until I started reading

the Fabia 1 forum on a regular basis. I've tried to personalise my car without going mad on

hugely expensive mods but now I want to spend all my money on it :rofl:

Because I loved my Ibiza PD130 Sport but it got a bit leggy and the Fabia was technically the same car with less miles and at the right price B)

I'd have bought a younger fresher Ibiza if i could have found one at the right price, the Fabia was just a lucky find.

When the time comes I'd happily replace my Fabia with a younger Fabia or an Ibiza, or a Polo GT, i mean they are all pretty much almost exactly identically the same. :D

Seat ibiza was £1k-2k more of same spec from when I was looking, also, the year I wanted only had ibiza 3drs (but lower insurance) or the high insurance cupra 5 drs (I wanted a 5dr).

The styling is much more modern though compared to the fabia..

They dont do a Cupra in a 5 door, how many times? I think half the problem is uneducted fools buying vRS.

I understand that alot on here prefer the looks of the Fabia, I like the vRS. But thats just what some people like. So all the people saying "the Ibiza looks crap" arent right, nor wrong. Because to them it is, but to alot more car owners, the Fabia looks worst.

I got my vrs because I couldnt get insurance on a cupra ibiza,

i agree the ibiza doesn't look like much, but the fabia is hardly easy on the eye either!imo

The vrs is brillant to drive tho, nothing beats peoples reactions to getting overtaken by the flying brick..but if i was to buy a car for looks it would be a new shape leon similar to this;

1-22.jpg

I used to run a fabia vrs....stage two modded it then sold it....

then bought an ibiza cupra tdi....which again was modified, both were nice cars !

very little diference between them apart from my fabia used to have xenons and the cupra didn't but it had the climate control etc, personaly preferd the dash + looks of the cupra better !

also you didn't get the **** ripped out of you for driving a skoda :giggle:

I was stuck between the cupra, VRS and the Polo GT.

I didnt like the interior in the Polo's

A fabia came up at a good price with leather and i went for that. If it never had leather i'd prob own a cupra.