The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

This is the exact same colour combo as my order... we are fairly close too so there might be a chance we end up parked next to each other at some point!

hehe, ordered mine from Hayselden Skoda Doncaster i travel fairly regularly up and down the M1 so chances are you may catch a glimpse of me :p

Images on here look good, I will add a few of my wife's car. As you can see it is a Race blur VRS, over a month old now and only just covered a 1,000 miles.

5979127796_0419748750_z.jpg

5978569339_b2cabdebcc_z.jpg

5978570031_ba2ae7a3e0_z.jpg

Its from a greek owner of a skoda fabia vrs with an artistic point of view......

Nice to see the car been given some beans, can't wait to be driving over the North York Moors in mine when it arrives.

• Like 1

6 months In...

Am a week or so away from owning for 6 months so had some time tonight and thought would post my little review and try and make it an interesting read for all.

Went for the Skoda vRS from a Mazda RX8 as with 2 kids (5 and 22 months) the RX8 was too small in the back so wanted to go back to the hot hatch genre of car.

Previous to the Mazda had a Focus ST-2 Turbo which was very enjoyable so was looking at more of this sort of thing. Considered a few cars but basically the Skoda's VAT deal and bang for buck did it for me. The only car I would have picked above the vRS was the Megane 250 Cup but at approx £ 9,000 dearer than the vRS it was a no brainer for the Skoda. Everything else I looked at did not touch the vRS in my eyes.

Since having the car MPG has been around 33 as per my fuelly signature.

Miles covered 2,350 as of writing.

Oil used approx 300/400 ml in one top up after 1,600 miles. Since then checked and oil still full.

Likes (in no particular order)

The build (other than one niggle below)

The cabin feels modern compared to my RX8, with the Climatic and the Admunsen making it feel more upmarket.

The seats (not as good as my Recaros in the Focus, but 2nd best seats I have ever had in a car I have owned)

The whole DSG and paddles, never owned an automatic and so far would not consider going back to a manual. Have been pleased with the whole DSG set up 99% of the time. The only time it feels weird to me and needs a bit of a shove is when your driving between 35 and 45 mph and it mostly sits in D5 or D6 and if it just feels as the gear is wrong for the engine with it labouring/wheezy a bit.

The combination of MDI/Maxidot/Admunsen - this works really well for me with an iPod touch as the host for the media. The 3 components combined are a good combo and whatever people do or dont like about built in sat navs the touch screen adds loads to the audio/media side of the equation.

The ease of driving and the twin chargers power on tap.

Dislikes (in no particular order)

The petrol cap - I would only expect to find this 'key arrangement' on a bottom of the range hyundai or something similar. Shocking :'(

I have a sun roof and red seat material but I find the interior Dark - could do with a flash of colour or metal somewhere.

The boot - not looking at the boot at all when i purchased (silly me !) its a bit smaller than i would like, although adequate for my needs.

The fuel consumption - I know from this forum it should get better with age and milage but was expecting better to be honest, as it started in the high 20's for the first tank or two.

Car was (i am told) one of the first few with the Admunsen unit fitted and within 2/3 weeks of me picking it up they released a new disk with postcodes, which after a member helped me big time on here, but ultimately we both failed to get a free updated disk, I had to pay £ 120 for the update disk from Skoda :(

Niggles

Have a slight annoying rattle in the passenger door somewhere. Started at about 1,800 miles.

Starting - I would say it should start within 1 second ( most new cars should) After a few hundred miles mine went from 1 second to about 2 seconds. Maybe being pedantic but seems slightly wrong. It hasn't got any worse but will mention it on first service or in the winter if it gets worse to the dealer.

What was missing.

Would have really liked the following 2 items on the options list 1. folding electric mirrors that activate when the key is removed. 2. Xenon headlights.

The Dealer - West Worthing Motors, Sussex

Contacted twice since bought. Once to check the oil I should use (after a post on this forum) once to try and get a new sat nav disk for free but failed.

Cant really blame them for the Sat Nav disk i had to pay for as they contacted Skoda on my behalf but couldn't get it.

Happy to give them a run out for the first service

So at six months I mark the car up very highly. Again great value for money, performance and a VAG product which blows other cars away. Would I have another Fabia - a definite maybe depending on what the Mark 3 looks like on the vRS front and also very much sold on the VAG 7 speed DSG.

I believe the next 6 months should be uneventful (from the negative front :D ) and will report again just after the first service.

Happy Twincharging :giggle:

Hi guys,

Had my VRS since mid May and done about 2300 miles so I thought I'd just add my impressions to the mix! Bear in my my only previous cars were a 75bhp fabia auto and F REG. Renault 5!

Love:

acceleration (put in sport mode!!!)

the look on BMW Series 1 owners as I whizz pass...

the design. I could just stand there and stare for ages.

very comfortable drive. so much smoother and easier to handle than my previous fabia

Like:

The interior

MPG (currently avg. 36mpg on a 6 mile journey to work)

The boot space. Cavernous for such a small car

MDI. Meshuggah from 8 speakers? Yes!!!

everyone coming up to me saying what a lovely car it is. Including my other half!

Dislike:

When accelerating sharply, car seems to want to swerve!

silly noise that comes from perspex on dash (like trickling water)

Wheels look grey when dirty (only a day after cleaning!)

Chavs in 'souped up' Fiestas wanting to race me. They would lose if I took up the challenge.

A great car. So pleased I went for it. oh and as an aside, I went past a racing blue vrs monday and the occupants were waving at me frantically. THats the only other vrs I've seen in T Wells so far!

NIce reviews from both :thumbup:

Vulga do you have the Dunlop tyres? Car does suffer from a little bit of torque steer (not loads) but it'll struggle to put the power down unless the Dunlops are really warm.

lol @ people waving at you. vRS community <3 :D

NIce reviews from both :thumbup:

Vulga do you have the Dunlop tyres? Car does suffer from a little bit of torque steer (not loads) but it'll struggle to put the power down unless the Dunlops are really warm.

lol @ people waving at you. vRS community <3 :D

I do indeed have the Dunlops. are there any recommendations for an upgrade when the time is right?

yeah it was funny and nice too!

Nice to hear some more good reviews of the vRS. There's been far too much negativity on here lately about them.

Yeah, If somebody read the threads solely in this forum, he would probably stay away from a Fabia... Although most issues concern the 1.2 TSI, still not many positives are being written, which I believe is not fair for this model.

Yeah, If somebody read the threads solely in this forum, he would probably stay away from a Fabia... Although most issues concern the 1.2 TSI, still not many positives are being written, which I believe is not fair for this model.

Agreed. But coming from the RX8 Forums most forums post generally negative stuff or car niggles. The good news in general stays silent.

Keep the good reviews coming boys and girls.

Yep technically a "private plate" - although just a bog standard format and pretty cheap.

There is a nice plate available at DVLA...For any vRS I guess, A little pricey though.. VR55 EXY And prob illegal if you re-arrange it !!

£2655 :D