The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

Corniche Monza 8x18 / Toyo Proxes T1-R 215/35/18

Just Ordered the Forge Intake , i was 100% sure they wrote "only fits on Right side driving cars" a few weeks ago .

well letz hope they got a fast Delivery Service.

Edited by fabianoh5n1

Hi all,

Here is mine:-

110515MoreFurby8-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby2-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby12-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby4-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby11-W1000.jpg

I have had the car for one week now.

On Friday evening I began the detailing process:

Washed using Megs gold class - wheels cleaned with diluted Chemical Guys Orange degreaser.

Clayed (Megs QD for lube)

Washed again using Megs gold class

Polished with Megs Ultimated Compound

Washed again using Megs gold class (as the polishing was done on Friday evening and I drove a few miles on Saturday {dads taxi} :giggle: )

2 x coats of Autogylm EGP

Pray that the clouds go away and no rain happens whilst EGP is drying...

Cook Pizza and drink beer

Coly 476 applied

Windows quickly cleaned with Turtle Wax Clearvue

Detailing of the wheels with Finish Kare 1000P is planned - probably spread this over a few weeks.

Cheers

Carl

Hi all,

Here is mine:-

110515MoreFurby8-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby2-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby12-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby4-W1000.jpg

110515MoreFurby11-W1000.jpg

I have had the car for one week now.

On Friday evening I began the detailing process:

Washed using Megs gold class - wheels cleaned with diluted Chemical Guys Orange degreaser.

Clayed (Megs QD for lube)

Washed again using Megs gold class

Polished with Megs Ultimated Compound

Washed again using Megs gold class (as the polishing was done on Friday evening and I drove a few miles on Saturday {dads taxi} :giggle: )

2 x coats of Autogylm EGP

Pray that the clouds go away and no rain happens whilst EGP is drying...

Cook Pizza and drink beer

Coly 476 applied

Windows quickly cleaned with Turtle Wax Clearvue

Detailing of the wheels with Finish Kare 1000P is planned - probably spread this over a few weeks.

Cheers

Carl

First one I've seen without the black roof.

Very nice ,you can't get better than the white :rock:

Who the Hell does Jeremy Clarkson think he is, slating the Fabia VRS.In today's Sunday Times Drive mag he gives it only 2 stars.And says you would be better off with a FIAT 500 or a Citreon DS3. He also says that hot hatchbacks are supposed to fizz but the Rs doesn't.Does he know what he is talking about. Answers please lads.I can't comment as I only have a Roomie 1.2 tdi.

Who the Hell does Jeremy Clarkson think he is, slating the Fabia VRS.In today's Sunday Times Drive mag he gives it only 2 stars.And says you would be better off with a FIAT 500 or a Citreon DS3. He also says that hot hatchbacks are supposed to fizz but the Rs doesn't.Does he know what he is talking about. Answers please lads.I can't comment as I only have a Roomie 1.2 tdi.

Skoda havn't give him half a dozen cars to run round in that probably the answer. Check out the youtube clip i posted above by a guy who goes by the name Top Gayer :giggle::thumbup: Its probably more nformative than Clarkson and he dose put the odd little pun in there. Although he dose go on a bit and constantly repeats himself.

Edited by harryweld

To be fair, Clarkson has given positive reviews to several Skodas, including the MKI Fabia vRS, and more recently the Octavia Scout and Yeti (both of which he raved about). He clearly isn't anti Skoda.

He also slated the semi-auto gearbox in the new Polo GTi, so he's at least being consistent. I'm tempted by the MKII vRS but the gearbox is putting me off (although really need to try it before passing judgment). He's just giving his opinion, and if he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it; no need for him to make anyone feel insecure about their car.

Clarkson, to be honest, has a point but the fact of the matter is, less IN YOUR FACE (unless you bought a green one, like I did :) ) and a lot more bang for buck compared to the competitors. This probably being the reason most people are buying it. Clarkson is obviously looking for a hot hatch to come looking like a VXR and sitting as stiff as a Clio Sport where as, yes, Skoda have made a hot hatch, but they've gone a totally different way about it. Simple things like it being a 5 door and the fact they sell it in an estate proves this, no?

Personally I think comparing a Clio RS200 to any small hot hatch is pointless. The only difference between it and the Clio Cup racer is a rollcage. As Chris Harris said it's the GT3RS of the hot hatches

Hot hatches are supposed to be cheap, fun and fairly practical and the vRS ticks all the boxes.

I get confused with classes

I always thought the Fabia was classed as a supermini rather than a hot hatch, therefore especially with the VAT free offer its competing with the Twingo 133 rather than the Clio :rofl:

Hmmm...Never thought of that :o:dull:

Well, supermini simply refers to the size of the car. The Twingo is more of a citycar size vehicle. Hot hatch refers to a performance variant of any hatchback car, usually also fwd, from the Twingo all the way to say, a Focus RS

I really like the estate, some cracking pictures there

I have just been thinking the same thing. The Estate just seems less boxy and a more balanced design to me :thumbup: