The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

I went in wanting a Rallye Green Hatchback...

But realised that we needed something with a boot because of our dog :D

Now I have my Estate I am extremely happy with it, in fact as a few of you have said, it looks much better in Estate form.

Martyn - No idea on my rear mudflaps - that's how the car came :)

The Estate just seems less boxy and a more balanced design to me :thumbup:

Perhaps they designed that first and modified tweaked for the hatch. :(

Anyone seen the last Clio saloon? So glad they never sold that in the UK as it's hideous.

2007-renault-clio-three-b-6_460x0w.jpg

Perhaps they designed that first and modified tweaked for the hatch. :(

Anyone seen the last Clio saloon? So glad they never sold that in the UK as it's hideous.

2007-renault-clio-three-b-6_460x0w.jpg

Yuk.

Fortunate not to have seen one of these horrors

Well I've now done over 1,000 miles in the car so reckon I can put a couple of plus and minus points down as a review

I like :

The Power - Coming from a 1.4 16v Ibiza this feels like a rocket ship, it can be easied in gently or you can plant your foot and be thrown back into your seat

The DSG Gearbox - I never ever thought I would own an automatic as I love shifting manually but this really is brilliant. It's so smooth you don't even realise it has changed up or down. Sport mode is amazing, love being able to use the paddles and even tiptronic works well although I haven't used it that much.

The Interior - I know a lot of reviews state the interior as a little "drab" with not many "creature comforts" but I find it a nice place to be. The seats are VERY comfy and hold you in place, the material feels nice but wearable and the dash is simple and clean. Also like how I have decent amount of headroom and legroom for myself and passengers.

Dial Staging - Ok, I know it's not a major thing but getting in the car and seeing the needles sweep across the dials still puts a smile on my face everytime!

Economy - Even though this thing has 180BHP sitting waiting to be used it can still be very econimical when driven normally. Took mine to see family 200 miles away and managed to get an amazing 46.1 MPG average, usually seeing 49-53MPG fluctuating on the motorway when doing 70mph. The tax is nice and cheap at £130.00 a year and insurance has been quoted at under £600 fully comp for the year (I'm 26) so can easily run this car on a small budget compared to most hot hatches. Ok the car does need to be run on BP Ultimate/V-Power/Super Unleaded to get the best out of it but it's a small price to pay.

Price Tag - Just over £14,000 for the car (VAT FREE OFFER) is a total bargain, there is nothing else for the same price new that can compare to it.

MaxiDot Display - Possibly the best in car computer I have seen so far, integrates with all the usual stats as well as the bluetooth and stereo if needed.

The Exterior - Understated but very cool in my opinion and probably a bit more lairy as I have race blue paint, white roof and white wheels. Front looks agressive enough to make people look but not hint at the power too much, really like the twin pipe exhaust and the DRLs. The car does draw a bit of attention and had a few people chat to me about it and stare as they drive past.

I dislike :

The Badge's Image - It is better these days and more people seem to be excepting of it but "badge snobery" is still there. Skoda maybe owned by VW but I have had a few negative comments based on the old image, I just tend to laugh them off as I know most aren't true.

Drivers Wanting To Race - I think it's more to do with the badge, or possibly the colour scheme but it seems more people want to race against me than I've ever experienced before (and I've had a kitted Nova!). These aren't just the run of the mill Corsas or clios, even BMWs, Mercs and Audis seem to give me a little rev at the lights before they drive off at speed.

Honestly I'm trying to think of more things I dislike about this car but it's very hard to do. I never thought I would like Skoda's let alone own one but my perception has completely changed and I love this car!

Pictures :

veryclean2.jpg

veryclean6.jpg

veryclean3.jpg

clean6.jpg

engine.jpg

Some pics of mine after a detail today

Products

Karcher Pressure Washer

Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner

2 Buckets 1 wash 1 rinse

Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt

Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels

Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towels

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Collinite No. 476S Super Doublecoat Auto Wax

Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Good job! Me and a mate spent the day detailing the Mercedes i'm borrowing until the vRS turns up, came up beautifully. I need to get some new products for my vRS :)

I'm heading over to the guys at Polished Bliss. They're HQ is nearby and I've heard nothing but very good comments from them. :) Sure they'll sort me out with some detailing stuffs :)