Warning triangle straps

rockhopper

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have fixing straps for a warning triangle?

• I have them with a spare wheel
    • I have them WITHOUT a spare wheel
    • I don't have them and I have a spare wheel
    • I don't have them and I don't have a spare wheel

Hi Guys

Does your Snow Monster have the rubber, I believe, fixing straps for the warning triangle behind the bumper in the boot?

Mine doesn't and I have a spare wheel as supplied by the factory.

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

Mine doesn't either, has spare wheel. I found that the storage tray to the left of the spare will hold a triangle in its case.

Andy

I could use that, but as I have just removed it, I can't. I like the oem look personally, so if it has a slot I want to use it! I hate having spaces for buttons without their proper function, if that makes sense.

Mike

I have a spare wheel, no straps or warning triangle were supplied with the vehicle.

I would have thought these should have been regarded as a safety feature and supplied as standard.

Mine is in the tray on the left side of the spare. Together with the 1ltr motor oil supplied by factory/dealer ,not sure.

Anyway warning triangle is mandatory in Norway as far as I know.

There is a very specific slot for the triangle in one of the boxes you get next to the spare. It is not the left one, it is in the right one. TP pointed it out in his spare wheel assembly thread:

http://briskoda.net/...wheel-assembly/

4466858899_f613824b73_b.jpg

And his words: "Note this third box is designed to hold a Skoda warning triangle (accessory in the UK)"

Edited by 900000

My triangle is placed between the spare wheel and the bumper, no holding straps but fits securely.

Can some with straps post an image of them?

Edited by sebast

There is a very specific slot for the triangle in one of the boxes you get next to the spare. It is not the left one, it is in the right one. TP pointed it out in his spare wheel assembly thread:

http://briskoda.net/...wheel-assembly/

4466858899_f613824b73_b.jpg

And his words: "Note this third box is designed to hold a Skoda warning triangle (accessory in the UK)"

Hi,

Different box to mine, if you have the detachable tow bar swan neck this box takes all the wheel changing kit and all the tow bar bits. I keep the triangle, a large torch and the torque wrench for the caravan in the left box and the first aid kit in the top box on the right.

Chris.

Hi,

Different box to mine, if you have the detachable tow bar swan neck this box takes all the wheel changing kit and all the tow bar bits. I keep the triangle, a large torch and the torque wrench for the caravan in the left box and the first aid kit in the top box on the right.

Chris.

Isn't all that stuff mentioned meant go in the LOWER RH box, which is moulded to retain it all?

Trouble is, if you have the spare wheel, you cant get the detachable tow bar attachment out of the lower box, without first lifting up the spare wheel, so as it happens I keep my tow bar in the upper box as I always struggle to get the spare wheel retainer to line up with the hole in the centre of the spare wheel when I put it back!

Edited by speedsport

Hi,

Chris.

This is not the lowest box - which in mine can keep the swan neck towbar and wheel changing kit etc. This box in the picture is the one above that to the right of the sparewheel.

...so as it happens I keep my tow bar in the upper box as I always struggle to get the spare wheel retainer to line up with the hole in the centre of the spare wheel when I put it back!

The Westfalia swan weighs a TON so I keep it at home! I'm sure it adds 1 or 2 MPG to your fuel consumption and it is not as if you will go to Tesco and decide to tow something out of the blue! So I see no need to have it in my car all the time. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Ok feel a bit of a plonker, did not read the post correctly or too quickly. Correct as stated.

Slightly off topic, but if I use the correct stowage for the triangle, where should the Skoda hard case first aid kit go? Top right tray is only place big enough.

Chris.

Ok feel a bit of a plonker, did not read the post correctly or too quickly. Correct as stated.

Slightly off topic, but if I use the correct stowage for the triangle, where should the Skoda hard case first aid kit go? Top right tray is only place big enough.

Chris.

Doesn't it go vertically in the cut-out in the RH inner wing? That's where I've put mine so that it's always visible.

You can see where mine is fitted My link see first and 4th photos.

Mike

Yep, Mike, that's exactly where I put my First Aid kit too. I reckon it is probably the intended place for it. :thumbup: