Tyres

M450N

Need 2x new tyres for my 17" spiders on mk1 Octy VRS

From experience what do you guys recomend? Dont want to break the bank, looking mid range.....

I currently have Continental ContiSport 3 but two need replacing

Thanks

Rainsports put on mine just before Xmas, Conti Sport still on rear as there is still plenty of life in them. Have to say that they are very good tyres overall and haven't really noticed much difference between them and the Conti Sport (although I haven't REALLY tested them yet!! :giggle: )

As above they are great in the wet (as the name would suggest!!), good in the dry and very good in the recent snow (although my other tyres came off looking like slicks so maybe my view has been "coloured" somewhat!! :giggle:)

Overall a good tyre which performs just as well as the more "premium" rubber on offer for much less of your hard earned cash (more to use on other things!! ;) )

Edited by tandlehill

Cooper tyres CS6 (made by Avon tyre's) in 225/45/17 on mine perform well :thumbup: not too expensive either

Wouldn't mind trying coopers, have cooper winter tyres on at the moment and i'm finding them extreamely good even in the wet.

Wouldn't mind trying coopers, have cooper winter tyres on at the moment and i'm finding them extreamely good even in the wet.

Cooper actually own Avon ;) Cooper is an American company that took over Avon

HTH

Phil

Falken 452 225 40 18 get my vote so do Toyo Proxes t1R 225 45 17. Falkens seem good all round but a bit noisy and they groove steer a tad, the Toyo are Awesome but I've been told they wear quicker, prob because they give you the confidance to drive that bit harder lol.

Ill deff be gettin more on the spiders and prob just put the cheapest tyres avail on the 18" TD pro race 1.2. Get the best you can afford tho. I prefer to keep them all the same but so long as you keep the same on each axel it will be fine.

Billy

I have conti sport contacts for the winter and summer use bridgestone reo70s there great in warm weather and I am running 360bhp and do 4 to 5 track days a summer use 3 to 4 sets though and are not cheap...

I have contis all round. I decided to keep them all the same as thats what was fitted from the factory on mine. They do the job fine, have a good wear rate and excellent grip / ride wet or dry. Try black circles for the cheapest quote and make sure its the right conti sport 1, 2, 3 etc to match the tread pattern.

Toyo T1R - 225 45 17. Interesting about the wear issue - I do 16k plus a year and managed 12k on the fronts, 20k plus on the rear :thumbup:

Unfortunately they are worse than dire in the snow - be warned!!! For that I've invested in a set of Nokian WRG2's which were a revelation in snow/rain/slush/whatever this past few winter months. Will change them over to another set of Toyo's in March.