mfd data

terrace

Can anyone point me in the direction of an idiot's guide to the multi functional display functions on the Maxi-dot computer please ? I find the User Manual far from helpful for every function listed, and some don't even appear to get a mention at all, or is it just me ?

My model is a 2.0 TDI CR 140 4x4 Elegance, and a simple explanation for each function would prove extremely useful.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an idiot's guide to the multi functional display functions on the Maxi-dot computer please ? I find the User Manual far from helpful for every function listed, and some don't even appear to get a mention at all, or is it just me ?

My model is a 2.0 TDI CR 140 4x4 Elegance, and a simple explanation for each function would prove extremely useful.

Hi terrace, What sort of info are you after? :yes:

I thnk this is a good question. The very short descriptions in the car's menu is of no real help - nor is the manual. Hence me not understanding what happened when you ticked "Wipers" or the difference between "auto lock" and "auto open". I don't have time tonight but I think a short list in proper English would help many a Yeti owner.

I thnk this is a good question. The very short descriptions in the car's menu is of no real help - nor is the manual. Hence me not understanding what happened when you ticked "Wipers" or the difference between "auto lock" and "auto open". I don't have time tonight but I think a short list in proper English would help many a Yeti owner.

I think so too! - and there is one man could do the job too..emoticon-0144-nod.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Auto lock refers to the doors self locking at 15 mph - secure against muggers and sneak thieves.

Wipers is to do with the rear wiper operating automatically when the car is put into reverse and the front wipers have been used.

Doesn't it also wipe the back window every 5 or so times the front has been wiped?

Mike

Don't think he is, 2 different things.

emoticon-0148-yes.gif Correctemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Not direct quotes, but see Owners Manual pages: 63/64/65 for definitive version.

• The rear window will be wiped again if the front window wipers are onwhen reverse gear is selected.

• Automatic rear window wiper:

If the windshield wiper lever is in either of the “on” positions [2 or 3] – but NOT the intermittent setting [1], the rear window wiper carries out a wiping motion every 10 or 30 seconds at a speed above 5 km/h (3mph). Activated / deactivated via Maxidot: Setup - Lights & Vision - Rear wiper.

smiley-transport011.gif

emoticon-0148-yes.gif Correctemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Not direct quotes, but see Owners Manual pages: 63/64/65 for definitive version.

• The rear window will be wiped again if the front window wipers are onwhen reverse gear is selected.

• Automatic rear window wiper:

If the windshield wiper lever is in either of the “on” positions [2 or 3] – but NOT the intermittent setting [1], the rear window wiper carries out a wiping motion every 10 or 30 seconds at a speed above 5 km/h (3mph). Activated / deactivated via Maxidot: Setup - Lights & Vision - Rear wiper.

smiley-transport011.gif

Thanks, That is what I meant.

Mike

If the windshield wiper lever is in either of the “on” positions [2 or 3] – but NOT the intermittent setting [1], the rear window wiper carries out a wiping motion every 10 or 30 seconds at a speed above 5 km/h (3mph).

Interesting - I thought i noticed - from memory so could well be mistaken - that if the wiper control is in position 1, with the 'auto' rain detect feature, and the wipers are wiping continuously, as they do in rain in this position, then the rear wiper functions just as if the control is in position 2 or 3. I hate it - this thread has reminded me turn the wretched thing off, thank you. When I want it to wipe, I'll ask it to!

For a similar reason, as has been said before, I personally dislike the 'rain detect' system - I had to have it to get the rear mirror dimming, I believe. Yes - you can turn it off - but having it means you do NOT have the otherwise excellent variable intermittant wipe function. This still irritates me intensely.

Interesting - I thought i noticed - from memory so could well be mistaken - that if the wiper control is in position 1, with the 'auto' rain detect feature, and the wipers are wiping continuously, as they do in rain in this position, then the rear wiper functions just as if the control is in position 2 or 3. I hate it - this thread has reminded me turn the wretched thing off, thank you. When I want it to wipe, I'll ask it to!

For a similar reason, as has been said before, I personally dislike the 'rain detect' system - I had to have it to get the rear mirror dimming, I believe. Yes - you can turn it off - but having it means you do NOT have the otherwise excellent variable intermittant wipe function. This still irritates me intensely.

+1

Swap it for power fold mirrors any day.

Then why did you buy it? You could have gone for the SE and saved some money. Incidentally the wiper system on the SE is TOTALLY under the control of the driver as is the dimming of the rear mirror - WORKS A TREAT.

Then why did you buy it? You could have gone for the SE and saved some money. Incidentally the wiper system on the SE is TOTALLY under the control of the driver as is the dimming of the rear mirror - WORKS A TREAT.

Presumably the poster wanted everything that came with the Elegance and didn't want to fork out the difference of an SE plus all the options which would come in far above the cost of an Elegance. So I would guess that the OP didn't actually "buy it', he simply is not too fussed in that particular element of the spec.

Presumably the poster wanted everything that came with the Elegance and didn't want to fork out the difference of an SE plus all the options which would come in far above the cost of an Elegance. So I would guess that the OP didn't actually "buy it', he simply is not too fussed in that particular element of the spec.

Presumably Southeners have no sense of humour.