THE DEFINITIVE Top gear Skoda Yeti thread!

fuzzybunny

Found this from a press release web site.

Skoda Yeti Harnesses the power of Top Gear

Submitted by Adam Snape on 26th Jan 2011 17:16:07

The popular BBC motoring show, Top Gear, reviewed the latest addition to the new Skoda range on Sunday 23rd January creating a flurry of interest from the public and further strengthening the new Skoda brand image. The Skoda website was flooded with enquiries from interested members of the public after the review of the new Skoda Yeti 4x4 crossover.

Helen Bainbridge, Digital Marketing Manager at Škoda UK said: "The response on Sunday night was amazing. The fantastic review has clearly impressed a lot of people who are interested in buying a compact 4x4.”

Immediately after the show, the Yeti section of our website received as many hits in two hours as it does in a typical week. Around 700 Skoda Yeti brochures were downloaded and some customers even booked test drives straight away.

The power of Top Gear has been felt by car dealers across the country as well with many reporting heightened interest in the new Skoda Yeti 4x4 crossover. Birchwood Skoda in Sussex have noticed a surge in demand for the award winning compact 4x4 with many customers booking their test drive online straight after the show on Sunday evening.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was attached to the right rear corner in the off-roading/hill start section of the report?

I thought it might have been a camera but didn't see any footage from it ?

it was indeed a bullet camera.

they tend to put several, in various locations, and then pick shots as it suits the article.

maybe they didn't like the output from this one?

Now that I have seen the show - from the link above, as BBC do not let these things out on the internet outside the UK, I can only say this:

What a daft bugger he is, but whichever way he chooses to express it, he does seem to like the SM.

I agree totally. Perhaps part of why he likes it is down to size - his, that is. I am just 6ft, and with seat fairly well raised, there is a very large space over my head. It is also one of the very few cars I have owned where my preferred seat position is well forward of the extreme rear position. Anyway, daft as he is, they do have influence: I have found a marked change in the attitude of some of my acquaintance...

Anyway, daft as he is, they do have influence: I have found a marked change in the attitude of some of my acquaintance...

I agree. My Pastor sent me a text the next day and brought it up a an elders meeting a couple of days agoemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

MIke

Well done to all current Yeti owners who made up their own minds about how good the Yeti is well ahead of the pack. Anyone who bought a Yeti before 8.00pm on Sunday 23rd January 2011 can proudly consider themself to be an honorary member of the "Yeti Originals Club"!!!

Well done to all current Yeti owners who made up their own minds about how good the Yeti is well ahead of the pack. Anyone who bought a Yeti before 8.00pm on Sunday 23rd January 2011 can proudly consider themself to be an honorary member of the "Yeti Originals Club"!!!

What about all of us who owned a Yeti before January 2010? Are we "Brothers/Sisters in the Faith"?emoticon-0136-giggle.gif I mean how original can you get? We already knew what you latter day owners could only guess at.emoticon-0105-wink.gif

What about all of us who owned a Yeti before January 2010? Are we "Brothers/Sisters in the Faith"?emoticon-0136-giggle.gif I mean how original can you get? We already knew what you latter day owners could only guess at.emoticon-0105-wink.gif

I am in that club too "Brother". My wife is Czech and I actually saw an advert for the upcoming Yeti when I was in Czech in 2008. At that stahe it was so early the advert was still showing the Yeti in its concerpt form. So I was pretty much sold on it two years before I could actually get my hands on one!!!

I am in that club too "Brother". My wife is Czech and I actually saw an advert for the upcoming Yeti when I was in Czech in 2008. At that stahe it was so early the advert was still showing the Yeti in its concerpt form. So I was pretty much sold on it two years before I could actually get my hands on one!!!

similar here.

i had heard about the yeti and seen the usual concept designs etc and said "i want one" then saw a hole herd of 'em in the tour de france caravan in 2009 and that decided it for me.

didn't really need a test drive but had one anyway :yes:

order placed in march last year and took delivery mid july

I'd been boring my friends about it when I first saw pictures of the concept Yeti. Then I had to have a day out at the Geneva Motor Show for the Yeti launch in March 2009. Then I had to wait until September 2009 to pester James to get me one (the earliest you could order a CR170).

For all of those still waiting - be patient! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Yes; although I'd suggest it was the Aqua Blue(?).

and i thought it looked silver ??

changing the subject slightly, i filled harry to the brim with decorating rubbish and furniture and took it to the dump council recycling centre today.

2 of the workers came clambering out of their skips and stood oggling the yeti.

"is that one of them skoda yeti's that was on top gear the other week?"

"yes"

"nice car, looks good in that colour"

"thanks"

"yeah, i like that mate" says the other one.

reckon they really liked it coz they helped me unload too!!

now that's never happened before.

thanx chaps.

and i thought it looked silver ??

changing the subject slightly, i filled harry to the brim with decorating rubbish and furniture and took it to the dump council recycling centre today.

2 of the workers came clambering out of their skips and stood oggling the yeti.

"is that one of them skoda yeti's that was on top gear the other week?"

"yes"

"nice car, looks good in that colour"

"thanks"

"yeah, i like that mate" says the other one.

reckon they really liked it coz they helped me unload too!!

now that's never happened before.

thanx chaps.

have to go to the dump in the yeti from now on if they help unload it thats got to b a first :rofl:

hum council workers helping :no:

Just noticed that the Yeti is now second on the Whatcar most searched for car review

1.Volkswagen Golf Hatchback

2.Skoda Yeti Crossover

3.Audi A1 Hatchback

4.Nissan Qashqai Crossover

5.Ford Fiesta Hatchback

Andy

Edited by AndyC

called into my dealer today with my camera and took some pictures of their 170 helipad with velux roof :giggle:

post-52230-0-18015600-1297190531_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-89610100-1297190642_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-77121100-1297190666_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-17520500-1297190693_thumb.jpg

Love that! They are milking this for sure!

Yes, a great review. Did anyone else notice the shape JC traced out on the Yeti's satnav:

5383477399_905327e8ab_o_d.jpg

I found the sat nav Trace yesterday, off road ( well on the cinema carpark anyway!) you go into waypoint tour and set it to record......useful feature in a very capable offroad Yeti....not sure its something I will ever need in a lowered oct vrs though!!!! :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Well as happy as Škoda will be with Topgear about the Yeti so is Tesla now very unhappy with Topgear:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/30/tesla-sues-bbc-for-libel-over-rigged-top-gear-test/

Tesla said:

The programme's lies (about the electric Tesla) are repeatedly and consistently re-broadcast to hundreds of millions of viewers on BBC channels and web sites, on other TV channels via syndication; the show is available on the Internet, and is for sale on DVD around the world.

So in that exact same way I think Škoda must be trilled to bits that the Yeti will be so well remembered in all those places, again and again and again (Thanks Dave channel)!

• 2 months later...

called into my dealer today with my camera and took some pictures of their 170 helipad with velux roof :giggle:

post-52230-0-18015600-1297190531_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-89610100-1297190642_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-77121100-1297190666_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-17520500-1297190693_thumb.jpg

Fantastic..!!

Wish we had the DSG and sunroof options here !emoticon-0106-crying.gif