THE DEFINITIVE Top gear Skoda Yeti thread!

fuzzybunny

Just had a look at the photo on Prune,; they have indeed removed the standard roof rails and bolted the pad support frame directly to the roof rail 'hard points'

Also done a DVLA search on OY59 JZJ;

registered - 01 09 2009

currently taxed until - 01 03 2011

1.8TSI

TP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As indicated already , the result justifies the means - Dealers should be ecstatic with the footfall coming their way and up goes the waiting list again!

I still believe that with the advances in modern medicine there will shortly be a cure for JC's debilitating condition (I understand his mouth is too close to his Bumhole) but if not, perhaps he could be rendered down into something useful ....like 5lbs of lard.

Skoda ...The boy did you proud this time though!

Garth

Yes I agree, the Snow Monster had done Skoda proud.

I am sure this will generate much more interest in the Yeti, question is will VW up supply of diesel engines to meet demand?

As has been mentioned earlier, this much exposure in the world biggest car show, whatever your opinion of it, has just got to be awesome for Skoda.

Shame their awful website couldn't cope with demand and crashed......Still can't get on and look at any cars..... at 11.20pm

Need a new marketing department and website that works me thinks.

Another question to be asked...Do I want my Yeti attracting more attention? what about tea leaves?

What Clarkson has done has reinforced my decision that I made back in July. Boy am I glad I don't have to wait any more.

The Yeti.....rules the world. (and Maybach's, Ferrari's, Astra's and Range Rovers) emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Must admit I was waiting for the 'but' ..... happily it didn't materialise.

If the SM can pass the Clarkson test it just goes to show what a great car it is :thumbup:

But lets not shout too loudly we don't want to attract too much attention and loose our exclusivity.

Edited by Onesque

I shall feel like a cat that got the cream when I drive my Yeti tomorrow, You can have your sarcasm May and hamster, Jeremy piece was great but THE YETI WAS THE STAR OF THE SHOW, absolutely incredible .

Clarkson also reviewed a 1.8Tsi Scout a while ago and liked that. Think he said it would be the only car you would ever have to buy or similar. Looks like he is just a Skoda fan.

Clarkson also reviewed a 1.8Tsi Scout a while ago and liked that. Think he said it would be the only car you would ever have to buy or similar. Looks like he is just a Skoda fan.

Skoda 4x4 fan....

Mike

But lets not shout too loudly we don't want to attract too much attention

I think after today that is not possibleemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

They would have to really ramp up production. Sales of Yeti's globally last year I think were around the same as the cashow in the UK.....

I suspect we are safe with our exclusivity for some time to come though.

Mike

I wonder how long it will be before some enterprising chap produces a bumper sticker, or rear window sticker that says, loudly and proudly, "As Seen On BBC TVs Top Gear".

Or - "Helicopters this way ^"

I wonder how long it will be before some enterprising chap produces a bumper sticker, or rear window sticker that says, loudly and proudly, "As Seen On BBC TVs Top Gear".

A few hours, and I expect Skoda to do it!

Mike

• Like 1

So thats what the daily mail call a 'tongue lashing'.

Clearly they didn't see the show.

What a cracking review and very funny as well, particularly liked the Ferrari having to slow down on the rough patch.

I might even watch top gear again one day.

:D

People actually read and believe the Daily Mail?

Think someone mentioned this earlier in this thread; they used more than one Monster to make this piece me thinks. Just realised the car shown in some clips was OY59 JZJ, which was one of the first UK cars built in August 09, however in an internal clip of JC going down the runway they pan to the speedo and there's clearly a gear recommendation indicator telling him to change up. Monsters didn't have these fitted until the WK45/09 spec update in November :wonder:

TP

...... so the Snow Monster will make a decent 'track day' car too?

I liked the piece at Donington Park particularly showing how stable the SM was through the Craner Curves and into the Old Hairpin; sweet ;)

Great coverage for Skoda and the Yeti. I have to confess, against most here, Im a fan of Top Gear and JC.

The tests were extreme (obviously!) but they do imo hit upon the main benefits of Yeti ownership, for me anyway.

During our four weeks in Spain with our Yeti, we were constantly impressed how effective the climate control was at keeping us cool, even when it was 40+ degrees outside!

The best overall aspect of the suspension setup imo is that it gives the best combination of any car ive owned in terms of ride comfort and handling. It gets it just right, doing both well without compromising the other. It soaks up broken tarmac where other 'harder' faster hatches have to back off or loose composure!

The flexibitly of the rear seats was another big purchasing factor for me so all in all I think they highlighted some good points... I was however quite gutted that I missed an options tick box when I purchased mine - the helipad would have been a great feature to have available to me! :rofl::giggle:

I think that will do a lot for

a ) Sales of Yetis

b ) Skodas image in the UK

I think a lot of people who would previously just discard or perhaps not even think about Skoda would know have Skoda firmly embedded in their mind for at least a few weeks!

It would be really great if BBC let Skoda use the footage of the Yeti for use in the showrooms, I'd could watch it again and again and again.

In fact, my first appointment isn't until 0930 (on a Yeti I might add...) so I think I shall just fire up BBC iPlayer!

To prove my point I just typed 'Skoda Yeti' into Facebook and clicked on 'posts made by others' and there are lots of people saying 'I want a Yeti!'.

Edited by Allams Skoda

Quite a funny thread really. Many people automatically assumed that JC would slate the Yeti. Others just go spare about him and the whole Top Gear method of entertainment.

Then the review is of one basically of high praise. All the Yeti owners are delighted - as well as SUK I would think. How much is 10+ mins of free advertising BBC2 on a Sunday evening worth?! Perhaps James will let us know if he has a quiet Monday....

So, to sum up. JC and TG like the Yeti (as per the related magazine). TG continues in its previous format and the vast majority of car liking people (and many others who don't particularly like cars) have been entertained. That's what it is all about.

No doubt plenty of people who hate it, watched it all the way through just so they could complain afterwards. Funny old world.... emoticon-0105-wink.gif

PS In a bit of a 'doh!' moment posted this on the second TG thread..... emoticon-0124-worried.gif

Exactly how I feel. It's a bit pathetic seeing all the 'underdog' Skoda owners waiting on a slagging off on a show they openly hate. Then a positive review and JC is suddenly 'very knowledgeable about his cars' etc :giggle:

Perhaps not everyone is like that, but you get the drift, there was definitly a change of attitiude to JC AFTER the airing of the show.

Just thought I'd say congrats guys - Clarkson did you proud last night B)

Nice looking versatile vehicle, I hadn't really paid these any attention before. Chances are that's what most of the population will also now be thinking :thumbup:

Well! Didn't that make one feel rather smug? Of course, all us Yeti owners know just how good the monster is but now even JC raves about it and I didn't think their tests were too silly either which they can tend to be. I was certainly riding a little higher going into work this morning.

Well! Didn't that make one feel rather smug? Of course, all us Yeti owners know just how good the monster is but now even JC raves about it and I didn't think their tests were too silly either which they can tend to be. I was certainly riding a little higher going into work this morning.

Watch for low bridges or you will loose your chopper :giggle::giggle::rofl:

Like others on here I have followed Clarkson since his Performance Car days. His article in that aforementioned sadly demised tome ‘Driving in Italy’ remains to this day one of the funniest pieces of journalism I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Along with the late LJK Setright and Russell Bulgin I rank him as one of the most influential motoring journalists of all time. Totally different in style, totally provocative but no less engaging for all that. I suppose it helps being a card carrying Alfisti – I agree 100% with his views on Alfas and take great delight in winding up colleagues who don’t ‘get’ Alfas, yet hang on every word the Lord JC says. It amuses me greatly when the media luvvies and self important oafs like Will Self express hatred at JC in the belief he is actually being serious, undoubtedly sometimes he actually is but most of the time it’s for the effect.

Already had 3 Emails this morning congratulating me on my choice of car (not bad for a prog that is about to be axed with a has been presenter!!!!)

I have of course explained that I already knew that it was the best car in the world.

But then we all knew that didn’t we.