THE DEFINITIVE Top gear Skoda Yeti thread!

fuzzybunny

I bet lots of people logged onto the used Yetis locater last night,bet they soon logged off after they saw the prices being asked!.

Sour puss , bet your glass is half empty

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to todays daily mail weekend tv section pick of the day on sunday is clarkson giving the skoda yeti a tongue lashing and the ultimate humilation of a road test.

not my favourite programme but looks like I shall have to watch that bunch of overgrown schoolboys talking pish and blowing things up.

its either that or lark rise to candle wood!

:doh:

So as usual the Daily Mail gets it totally wrong! I bet they phoned up their "mate" Jezzer and asked him for a heads-up in the hope of getting an exclusive! He strung 'em a line and they took it hook line and sinker. The biter bitten!! Why does anyone buy that rag!

The message to me from his test - smooth ride, spacious, comfortable, adequate on-road performance, very capable off-road and it is feckin' tough!! Seems to me the only thing he said against it was that he wouldn't swap it for his Mercedes - who can blame him for that!

Now my problem! I have been a long term knocker and mocker of chelsea tractors but I now find myself toying with the idea of a Yeti when I replace the current Octavia. Wonder how long it will take for my mates to stop taking the p1$$... I have a couple of years to prepare the ground... Better start now!

Now my problem! I have been a long term knocker and mocker of chelsea tractors but I now find myself toying with the idea of a Yeti when I replace the current Octavia. Wonder how long it will take for my mates to stop taking the p1$$... I have a couple of years to prepare the ground... Better start now!

Well you could tell them it is shorter, only heavier by the weight of the 4x4 'Quattro' system, has better ride/handling and is 'The best car in the world'. B)

Sour puss , bet your glass is half empty

As they say 'The truth always hurts'.

I dont think anyone with half an ounce of common sense will look at the prices being asked for used Yetis and say 'Blimey,these Yetis are cheap as chips!'.

I waited to see the usual backtrack at the end of the Yeti segment, would it be Praise then Knock down, or Knock down then Praise ?, as there is generally always one of these options for a car on their extreme test.

Surprised to see middle of the road praise (for JC) along with same again at the end, no gushing extremes. Just shows that it looks like the Yeti has got the right balance.

Edited by lfc958

Well by 10am this morning my dealer has had 4 calls about Yeti's,

Did enjoy the Donington " race " was thinking once the 308 was that far infront he's never going to catch it, until they showed it being dug up!!!

Well by 10am this morning my dealer has had 4 calls about Yeti's,

Did enjoy the Donington " race " was thinking once the 308 was that far infront he's never going to catch it, until they showed it being dug up!!!

I was expecting him to get to the old hairpin and just head off across the grass to get to the lead but this was funnier.

Wandering off topic, Donington has a pretty good calendar of events already this year. I've been very pleased to see that it's going to recover from the shafting they got from Bernie Ecclestone

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

... so I think I shall just fire up BBC iPlayer!

Well just point them to the official SUK Yeti website! For once Skoda is pretty much on the ball here... Or they had it in the bag already in the hope the review was good? Look what has been added bottom right on the website:

post-55900-12958652703314_thumb.jpg

Top Gear since around the year 2003, has been wonderful entertainment for us all - certainly.

BUT, the entertainment is completely at the expense of the crucial facts that real potential car buyers are really interested in.

The original Top Gear gave us these facts and their senses of whether it was exciting or boring to drive.

Clarkson does not think the nation can even be patient enough to listen to a few minutes of facts, so he doesn't give them.

The balance is all the wrong way.

I suggest a program that gives all the facts about the car in a few minute summary, then a few minutes of driving review, then a few minutes of ownership expectations - eg, running costs, feel-good factors etc.

Fifth Gear is better in this regard, but they're all rubbish compared to the old Top Gear!

And I'm only 41.... !!!

People need to know:-

1. petrol or diesel with engine weight and position to help us with an idea of handling

<snip>

16. how interesting was the car - a sense of occasion?

10 minutes would be a minimum, 15 minutes more acceptable, but 20 minutes would be perfect....with lots of good slow camera shots - we don't want to see the reviewer - just hear a nice voice.

Am I right about this?

You are wrong! You have totally missed the point of the rebranded Top Gear!

It isn't a documentary - it is entertainment.

It is like expecting an interlude in the Rover's Return or Queen Vic where they stop killing each other, stealing babies and shouting at each other to hold an erudite discussion on the finer points of vintage wines, real ales and single malts.

The program you want Top Gear to be is 5th Gear - just switch channels

As they say 'The truth always hurts'.

I dont think anyone with half an ounce of common sense will look at the prices being asked for used Yetis and say 'Blimey,these Yetis are cheap as chips!'.

Clarkson did comment on the favorable price comparison of the Yeti as opposed to Vauxhall and a Ford , if used prices are holding up ,this is because of the waiting list for new Yetis, and as we Yeti owners knew it is THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD which will create demand After watching T/G it was nice to have something to smile about in these gloomy times.

Edited by mellyboy

JC said he wouldn't swap his Mercedes AMG for the Yeti, I dont know which model he has but the price range is £54,600 for a C63 saloon up to £168,345 for the SLS.

The top of the range Yeti with all gizmo's would be no where near this, unless you throw in the Helicopter.

Now there's a thought emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

It was good that Jeremy Clarkson liked the Yeti , in the same way that he also liked the Roomster in a previous programme but what a ridiculous "review" There wasn't any part of the test that would have been useful for anyone with a list of comparable cars to choose from in deciding what to buy. Seems weird that it was regarded as a cracking review simply because he didn't dislike the car.

I don't think it was a review at all, just a piece of entertainment. Hilarious to see everyone on here now congratulating JC over this fantastic 'review' :lol:

It's a great car right enough, but JC doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned, though there will be lots of sheep for whom things have changed.

It was good that Jeremy Clarkson liked the Yeti , in the same way that he also liked the Roomster in a previous programme but what a ridiculous "review" There wasn't any part of the test that would have been useful for anyone with a list of comparable cars to choose from in deciding what to buy. Seems weird that it was regarded as a cracking review simply because he didn't dislike the car.

Top Gear is an entertainment programme - the review was relevant in this context.

PS> JC did mention list price comparison to Astra and Focus; this would be useful.

I don't think it was a review at all, just a piece of entertainment. Hilarious to see everyone on here now congratulating JC over this fantastic 'review' :lol:

It's a great car right enough, but JC doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned, though there will be lots of sheep for whom things have changed.

We Choose what cars suits our needs not because we are sheep, A Octavia Vrs would not suit my needs as a caravanner , but why should I insult you because your choice of car is not mine ? Ignore Clarksons presenting style and stunts , and look how well the car coped with what is was asked to do.

We Choose what cars suits our needs not because we are sheep, A Octavia Vrs would not suit my needs as a caravanner , but why should I insult you because your choice of car is not mine ? Ignore Clarksons presenting style and stunts , and look how well the car coped with what is was asked to do.

Victim mentality? I wasn't referring to you as a sheep, you already have a Yeti.

I own a fabia VRS. But i was beaming with pride yesterday as the Yeti was put through its paces on TV lastnight.....

Superb car. I would consider one once I sell the VRS and we need the space..

My head hurts- several comments on this string about Superb car etc- are we talking about the Skoda Superb, other Skoda models that are superb, but not the Superb (which is also superb), or something else- need to go and lie in a darkened room.

Interestingly those who have been taking the mick out of me for ordering a Superb as a next car have been strangely quiet today B)

Edited by superbfan

My head hurts- several comments on this string about Superb car etc- are we talking about the Skoda Superb, other Skoda models that are superb, but not the Superb (which is also superb), or something else- need to go and lie in a darkened room.

Interestingly those who have been taking the mick out of me for ordering a Superb as a next car have been strangely quiet today B)

lol....nah man. The Yeti is a superb car. Otherwise wicked, sick, brilliant......etc etc lol...