weird stuff from my exhaust

this is a really weird one.....

every couple of days out of the exhaust of my felica, i pull out what can only be described as a wig !!!!

its weird,when it first started happening i thought somehow a cat or something had got stuck in the car i was mortified but on closer inspection its black synthetic hair stuff,i pull handfuls out every couple of days , there is no smell to the car and the hair stuff is really long.just when i think it has stopped it starts again,been going on since before xmas........ :(

It's the baffle material as said above..

You'll probably find your exhaust sounds like its blowing at some point soon when more and more comes out.

Best way to solve it would be a replacement rear silencer.

• 2 months later...

Well spotted that man! :rofl:

Seriously, it ain't the cat.. as that is either a ceramic core matrix or stainless steel matrix.. and if they "go" you get a nice rattle!! So defo the internal sound deadening (exhaust wadding) from the backbox! B)