Cold Start problems with a PD TDI 170

i have fixed my cold start problem on my pd170

it was the remap causing it

hi what was wrong with your remap as im having the same problem with mine after a injector recall was done and a dpf removal and remap thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I go so frustrated with this issue I sold my vRS.

Skoda are aware of this issue, but they don't make the PD170 anymore and have no PD170's still in warranty so have washed their hands of the whole mess.

Shame on Skoda UK.

Reseated injectors using new seals and bolts? Any problems with Oil in the Diesel filter housing after?

It has to be something they have touched. The car went in fine, and come out with a problem.

Maybe the original map isn't suited to the injectors, and a decent tuner could write a map to suit?

The reason I ask is I am picking up a cheap 57 plate VRS PD TDI either this weekend or early next week, and it has the same problems...

• 4 months later...

I also have a PD 170 from 2007 with similar issues:

- Struggles to start but starts fine everytime.

- White smoke after 30 secs to 1min idling (not always)

- Strong smell (oil/diesel)

From the many posts i've read it's related with injector seals and bolts and injectors being correctly placed and tightened.

Did anyone from this post solved this, besides 'amk2vr6' ? 

Thanks!!

For me changing the exhaust cam timing seems to help with cold starting.

It was set too far one side and had to turn quite a bit before starting, gave poor mpg but drove really nice (strong) and didn't seem to regen all the time.

I've moved it slightly (cannot seem to get it spot on) it now starts properly, mpg has gone right up (50mpg on a good trip) but it's getting lumpy again when warm (now and again) and also seems to regen more.

Probably never worked right after having the injectors swapped, but I couldn't tell as I didn't own the car then.