Gone to the dark side.....i've brought a mac

Zero

That's it, I've took the dive, I've been an avid windows user for well ever since ever since. My current laptop is getting a little tired so i've treated myself.

Have a new macbook pro 15" on the way (got to wait a few days for delivery due to choosing the higher res screen) and i've ordered one of these for when it arrives :D

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/222310

This will be used mainly for recording and Photoshopping, I'll still keep my current laptop for other stuff.

I have to say they are beautiful pieces of equipment but the prices are a bit mental!

You will love it and will think it is worth it just for the multi touch, multi gesture touchpad....I love it....every laptop should have one.

2 fingers left or right = forward or back

3 fingers down or up = top or bottom of webpage in Firefox

4 fingers - Same as Alt-tab

Might have to treat myself if this 15inch MBP i'm typing on has to go back to work :giggle:

The new version of OSX (Lion) is expected to incorporate many of the iOS features we see on iPhones, iPods and iPads which should inject a little familiarity to the whole Mac experience - if you are indeed a user of said devices.

Has anyone used the magic mouse? I'm seeing mixed reviews on the web

Magic mouse is awesome - if you like the trackpad on the macbooks you'll love the magic mouse. Trouble is, is when you come to use a normal one again...

That's it, I've took the dive, I've been an avid windows user for well ever since ever since. My current laptop is getting a little tired so i've treated myself.

Have a new macbook pro 15" on the way (got to wait a few days for delivery due to choosing the higher res screen) and i've ordered one of these for when it arrives :D

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/222310

This will be used mainly for recording and Photoshopping, I'll still keep my current laptop for other stuff.

I have to say they are beautiful pieces of equipment but the prices are a bit mental!

Change to Mac ..... you will never go back!

Quality machines and a wonderful OS

Phil

I think that is the first reaction of anyone coming from Windows to Mac lol

Hello Zero

Cut my teeth so-to-speak on a 'Windows XP' laptop, back in 2005.

Then I got a desktop iMac Intel back in 2007, cursed it something rotten as seemed so bloody complicated and long-winded

doing something trivial.

Different story now, and my perseverance has begun to pay off now, 3 years later. LOL

It had 'Tiger' OS when arrived, and when 'Leopard' came out soon afterwards, I quickly upgraded to that.

Had a partition put-in the Hard-drive using 'Boot-Camp' for my 'Windows XP 32bit' which did not help getting to know about iMac better/ sooner.

But 'Window XP programs' are more plentiful, but 'OS' virus prone, whereas the 'Apple' leans towards advanced operators and is virus free.

Dragging stuff from 'Windows' partition into 'Apple' partition is useful, not having to shut-down one 'OS' to open the other.

Could spend £25 and have 'Snow Leopard' but at the moment it suits my needs.

I don't think I'll ever use the full potential of what the machine is capable of.

Good luck.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

PS:- Upgrades of a new 'Apple OS' are cheap when comparing to any new 'Windows OS' that is released.

Edited by giandougl

Good Choice! :yes:

We've got a few macs...

Running a 3ghz Core Duo iMac in the office for my Photography business, with a Magic Mouse - never had an issue - 3 years old in April...

A 13" MacBook (White) for out and about - it's 3 years old in July - it's super-glued together in places, but has never let me down...

Even the Wife has a 13" MacBook White - just gone 2 years - she's a teacher and runs Windows 7 on it, with Parallels Desktop :)

Once you've had Mac, you'll never go back!

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Mini Mac coupled to my Panasonic HD TV. Quick and easy to use as I am no expert. Best bit is the total HD nature of it with photos editing and instant I'Player in HD. It's unobtrusive as you do not need a "Computer Desk" taking up part of the room.