Renault's version of the Nissan Puke

Well since Nissan and Renault are one and the same company it was invariable that the Nissan Puke was going to get a Renault alternative. Well here it is in concept form. Looks FAR better than the Puke I'd suggest. And that nose is also the Renault nose of all future Renaults.

I know it is a lot smaller than the Yeti but as per the Puke there is a price overlap at the bottom of the Yeti range.

Renault-Concepts-102111125606261600x1060.jpg

Renault-Concepts-102111125613761600x1060.jpg

From: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=255399

well obviously you know it's not going to look anything like that in production ???

probably end up looking a bit like a vertically stretched megane.

ie not too bad, and still much prettier than the puke

well obviously you know it's not going to look anything like that in production ???

probably end up looking a bit like a vertically stretched megane.

ie not too bad, and still much prettier than the puke

Not bad, but no cigar! Saw my first "puke" on the road today. Looked curiously disjointed, almost as if bits of it were not really connected to each other...

Where we' is (about 2 miles from the Nissan Factory, in Washington, near Sunderland, there's been Juke's on the road for months now - maybe since last summer, way before they were launched.. i'm beginning to get used to it, but i cant seem to see what it actually is, as there is only one model that actually comes with 4x4 - it's a Petrol, and an Auto. (useless for us) it's not big inside, the boots not big, but the exterior is large(ish)

Have you seen the new Micra? - YACK!

There's loads of Quashquys up here, too, there all over the place!

So, the Yeti would get the vote, it only it was for engine choice alone!

This Renault "thing" will prob go the way the Renault Kalos did - selling very few units...

Al.

Have you seen the new Micra? - YACK!

I have at the Paris Motor show. Without a doubt it was the worst car we had sat in and to look at. Those stuck on 1970s real lights are just awful. I like the last Micra as it was in fact quite different and I hired one once and it was peppy and well screwed together.

As to the Renault Puke: Most of it will be tuned down of course but the nose graphic is spot on. That will survive intact apparently.

After the sales disaster that was the Koleos I am surprised that Renault have taken this route. Then again I suspect they are looking a little enviously at their little brother Nissan, a little like VW and Skoda, and wanting a piece of their success. The drawing is hideous but then concepts usually are. The key is how much is retained. Renaults designs have been very dull recently, does anyone notice a Laguna in their rear view mirror?, and so maybe having a striking front nose is what they need.

... does anyone notice a Laguna in their rear view mirror?

Ah I take my statement back that the Micra was the worst car to look at at the Paris show, now you reminded me of this travesty. Yes the current Laguna must rate amongst the ugliest cars on the planet (just a tad uglier than the Peugeot 308 SW station wagon thingy). What were they on?! Those too high rear lights? The door handles at seemingly different angles and heights, the peculair facial expresion created by those wonky headlights?! And then you step inside: lovely. Really a lovely interior hidden behind all that unfortunate metal.

Not bad, but no cigar! Saw my first "puke" on the road today. Looked curiously disjointed, almost as if bits of it were not really connected to each other...

Wonder if it was the one I saw on Brighton seafront? Looked like a squashed Qashqai! :thumbdown:

Fred

Wonder if it was the one I saw on Brighton seafront? Looked like a squashed Qashqai! :thumbdown:

Fred

The one I saw was in Bognor and the panel joins looked more like a kit car. A very odd thing indeed.

I think I like some of the details :)

I also like the Juke. At least it looks like somebody was trying to style a crossover, rather than building a set of blocks on wheels. Mind you, I liked my 123Ds 3dr styling :D

It's been bugging me what the glass area reminds me of. I think the concept looks like a cross between the Evoque concept and a Juke. But the glass area? It reminds me of 'Gort' from 'When the earth stood still'. :D