Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

has any1 had problem with uploading map from computer to sts?

just dont know what is wrong

after uploading 100% performance map said "checksum file non valido"

can someone help?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to phone Ben if it's a checksum error. I would leave it alone until you have contacted him. Sounds like you need another remap sending out by the sounds of it.

I got my map last night, car is rapid!

Thanks to open ideas and shark for the group buy

You need to phone Ben if it's a checksum error. I would leave it alone until you have contacted him. Sounds like you need another remap sending out by the sounds of it.

I got my map last night, car is rapid!

Thanks to open ideas and shark for the group buy

Car feels better now then eh? ;)

Still waiting on mine, paid 6 weeks ago now..... :S

Car feels better now then eh? ;)

Still waiting on mine, paid 6 weeks ago now..... :S

Simon let me look into that because I thought yours had been sent, a long time ago.

If anyone else is waiting please could you re-email your original map to us as it may be lost in the abyss

Simon let me look into that because I thought yours had been sent, a long time ago.

If anyone else is waiting please could you re-email your original map to us as it may be lost in the abyss

Thanks Ben, I did email a couple of days ago to the sts@shark... email addy, for a request to limit the torque slightly.

Would you like me to send the map again too?

Sorted my problem,

performance file wasnt complete when saved from e-mail, dont know why

so saved it again from orginal e-mail and all good now,

map uploaded to the car

I ll check performance tomorrow

Had my stage 2 map back from Ben today.......... just taken it for a quick test and - oh my word :o:rofl::D

Thank you to Ben and Opentoideas for this group buy. I have to say, it was worth the wait! :yes:

Got my map back today :D:rofl::D Fun! Fun! Fun! Very smooth seems to have taken out a big chunk of the PD kick, must remember to watch the speedo for a bit and not just listen to the old girl to know what speed I'm going :p

Very impressed and worth the wait. Big thanks to Opentoideas for organising and Ben agreeing.

Kevin

Done about 800 miles with my map now and the good news is MPG is up 8-10% :thumbup:

Driving it normally, the difference is subtle - although power delivery is definitely smoother, less of a lump of torque. However, when you give some boot - that's when you notice the big difference - extra power, and for longer in the rev range. It's true what people say - you just drive with a stupid grin :rofl:

Should have done it ages ago. If you're toying with the idea - I say go for it, esp. for a diesel. Seems like they were built for a remap.

I have a map & sts paid for from the group buy, yet to put it on a car. I May be selling it (for what I paid for it in group buy) depending on circumstances in the next week or 2 & if so, after I have emailed ben to check it's ok. Will let you know if anyones interested :)

Ah well thats my luck eh! I missed out on this by not very long by the looks of it.

Hopefully another group buy may be set up later in the year, as after reading this thread everyone sounds extremely happy with everything!!!

Has anyone rolling roaded remmaped car after group buy?

Im curious how much power really is

would be interesting to know but the numbers only tell part of the story. the driveabiity of the remap is outstanding.

if you want to trundle around then you can and it will be intersting to see the MPG numbers over the next couple of weeks but when you want to play its an amazing transformatiion. its taken all of the good bits of the engines power delivery and made it a whole load better :)

I've got a PD100 Fabia and I got my STS and received my remap from Ben yesterday and I'll be going to a RR day in Burton-upon-trent on Sunday, so I will post here with the result's, to give anyone with a PD100 like mine an idea as to the sort of increases they are looking at.

I've got a PD100 Fabia and I got my STS and received my remap from Ben yesterday and I'll be going to a RR day in Burton-upon-trent on Sunday, so I will post here with the result's, to give anyone with a PD100 like mine an idea as to the sort of increases they are looking at.

That sounds great. Remember to take the STS - then you can compare the standard map to the remap :thumbup: