Best price for Michelin Pilot Sport 3

and by the way it is bliss finally losing the droning and road noise from the old Bridgestones :-)

That'll come back again unless you've had the suspension alignment altered :)

Wardy why do you need the suspension alignment altered for? i thought as long as the tyres came off had even wear and the car drove straight and didnt pull to the left or right or vibrate at speeds then the allignment is good?

ryan

If you're experiencing the droning sound, as if you have a failing wheel bearing, it's my experience that the car is running the original, and incorrect, factory rear suspension settings.

oh right - i have no idea of this sound on my 08 vrs. my car makes a low grinding noise on reversing and local vag garage tell its a common fault. but i dont know if my geomitry is wrong? tbh the garages i dont trust that do "wheel alignment" lol ill have to see who is around bromsgrove,redditch,worcestershire,birmingham,kidderminster,evesham are the areas close to me.

popped in local tyre place last week was sick of waiting for the uniroyals from camskill to arrive had been over 3 weeks on order....

'after two fronts for a VRS, 225/40/18'

'only ones I've got in are michelin they'll be too expensive for you'

'How much???'

'£120 each fitted'

'which michelin?'

'michelin mate, do you want to see them.......

PS3's £120 each fitted on 18" alloys, result. B)

There my good luck ended, someone in a nissan ;) scraped my rear bumper tonight in a petrol station, luckily for me a kind lady witnessed this whilst I was inside paying, otherwise he wasnt owning up and would have let me drive off. :no:

Edited by Si-Audi-Sline

popped in local tyre place last week was sick of waiting for the uniroyals from camskill to arrive had been over 3 weeks on order....

'after two fronts for a VRS, 225/40/18'

'only ones I've got in are michelin they'll be too expensive for you'

'How much???'

'£120 each fitted'

'which michelin?'

'michelin mate, do you want to see them.......

PS3's £120 each fitted on 18" alloys, result. B)

Great price! Where was this?

In my part of Hampshire Micheldever Tyres are usually the cheapest, their price at the moment is £139 all in. I was surprised to find Kwik-Fit only £10 more, usually they're considerably more expensive.

So good to see someone is finding it cheaper though.

Any love for the Continental Sport Contact 3s?

They're another £20 cheaper and seem to get very good reviews, often beating MPS3s in group tests.

In my part of Hampshire Micheldever Tyres are usually the cheapest, their price at the moment is £139 all in. I was surprised to find Kwik-Fit only £10 more, usually they're considerably more expensive.

For me there is the issue of tyre price, then the issue of how careful they'll be with alloys when changing them.

Hence why I go down the route of buying tyres online, then getting a trusted local tyre fitter to sort the rest emoticon-0148-yes.gif

And also why I'll never use Kwik-Fit.... (the clue's in the first part of their name ;))

• Like 1

For me there is the issue of tyre price, then the issue of how careful they'll be with alloys when changing them.

Hence why I go down the route of buying tyres online, then getting a trusted local tyre fitter to sort the rest emoticon-0148-yes.gif

And also why I'll never use Kwik-Fit.... (the clue's in the first part of their name ;))

Yes, I'd agree. Just surprised to see them with a reasonable price, I associate them with not only poor service but high prices.

• 11 months later...

I got a set of Michelin PS3 225/45/17, fully fitted, etc. for £459 at ATS Euromaster when there was a 25% discount for buying 4, a year or so ago. They are very, very good in so many respects, but tyre life is not looking like one of their strong suits. That said, to get those improved braking distances over the PS2, it must come at a price.

They're not a direct replacement for the PS2 either, after a discussion I had with a Michelin chap.

That would seem to be the role of the Super Sport now, but that's not available in any normal sizes and not in 17" at all I don't think - so they seem to be aiming it at super saloons and supercars! Shame really....

PS3 looks good overall though - I just don't think I'd be as keen to jump to it, especially from a set of PS2s...

It sounds like I'm really lucky. Everyone seems to rate Camskill on prices. Well I can say that they are and am lucky enough to live a mile away from there garage. I would recommend them to anyone. The lads in there are great and very very knowledgable. I was out in my fraud mondeo when the exhaust bushes snapped leaving me stuck with a 2 year old in the back of the car. I'd just been in for new tyres. So i give them a ring and they were with me in 5 minutes with the right bits. 5 minutes later I was back on the road. I was told to settle up when I was passing. I dropped my daughter at nursery and went straight round and settled up with them. Great old fashioned customer service, reliable and good value. I can't speak highly enough of them. You also see the same blokes working there year in year out unlike the big name places where staff change every week :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::rofl:

So book yourself a weekend in the lakes and while your here call down to Whitehaven and get some new treads on your car. What you save it'll pay for your B&B does that sound like a plan :giggle:

P.s I don't work for them just a happy customer :happy:

A happy mara? ;)