The new Skoda logo

RapidRonnie

The new Skoda logo  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new Skoda logo?

• A definite improvement
    • Neither better or worse
    • Don't like it

Not so sure I like the idea of it being all silver on the car, doesn't stand out as much as it having the green winged arrow. Each to their own I guess, wont be changing mine.

I think its pretty nice. Definitely more suited to a sports/youth orientated market. Just nice and clean, the old one was fine but I think it looked abit old school and didnt really suit the vrs models very well. This will definitely help bring in the younger buyer. The youth really are embracing the brand these days, the VRS fabia is the car that did it though. My sdi with vrs wheels gets comments all the time from people in my age group and older (im 21). Ive seen many lads in VRS. Even the lad at my local petrol station always comments how nice my fabia is and he has a mk 5 golf TDi in black.

Its funny really that VWs own polo GTi and Golf GTi and the SEAT cupras dont capture the imagination of the youth aswell as the black fabia VRS mk1 does. I really hope VW let skoda capitalise on this recognition (although I have my doubts, whilst the new green fabia VRS is nice in my eyes, it isnt drawing the same attention as the mk1). I would say Seat is now the weakest link in the vag family.

I hope someone makes these badges to fit the older models. I would like to see more experimentation with the badge colour scheme though. And laurin and klement models should have a special badge imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it but I agree with LewJo, all silver will make it look like other manufacturers i.e. Vauxhall, VW, Peugeot, Citroen, etc etc, Think it would look just as good in the green version (the one that will be used in literature etc)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone seen one fitted to a production car? Was just watching the new Fabia vrs advert on telly and the guy with the laser in his eye was lasering an old badge, yet at the end it shows the new logo

• 2 weeks later...

If all goes as planned, we can expect to see the new logo in action in a press release due tomorrow morning B)

We won't get it on the actual production cars until 2012, though.

But the most interesting, when can we order it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I asked Skoda UK today when we can expect to see the new logo on the UK Superb range.

The response was that they had not been supplied with any information but didn't think it would happen before 2013!

This doesn't make any sense to me....are they really proposing to have different models in showrooms with different badges on them after the Citigo arrives?

Jim

I asked Skoda UK today when we can expect to see the new logo on the UK Superb range.

The response was that they had not been supplied with any information but didn't think it would happen before 2013!

This doesn't make any sense to me....are they really proposing to have different models in showrooms with different badges on them after the Citigo arrives?

Jim

I think yes, because the new badge will only be for new models or facelifts. Superb facelift should be presented by the end of this year.