Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

My cars a 2005, and if i have the effected coil packs, i ring my local skoda up who do a free health check on them and advise if they need replacing? :wonder:

I highlighted this on the 11th April , the recall was announced on the 8th of April, they do NOT flash your ecu, just change the coil packs all four, ( mine is remapped. ) Even when one month old there was soot around exhaust, took to dealer said nothing wrong and emmissions ok , now get 5 mpg more and no more soot! My car is a 56 plate

my original topic posted on m2 forum

http://briskoda.net/...87#entry2352387

Sold a while back mate I'm afraid.

Ah, too bad. I'd just decided to buy it too! :dull:

I highlighted this on the 11th April , the recall was announced on the 8th of April, they do NOT flash your ecu, just change the coil packs all four, ( mine is remapped. ) Even when one month old there was soot around exhaust, took to dealer said nothing wrong and emmissions ok , now get 5 mpg more and no more soot! My car is a 56 plate

my original topic posted on m2 forum

http://briskoda.net/...87#entry2352387

Nice to know that the MK2 is affected by this too. I thought that the MK2 would have used different packs though.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

My cars a 2005, and if i have the effected coil packs, i ring my local skoda up who do a free health check on them and advise if they need replacing? :wonder:

That is absolutely correct. Then if they state they need replacing they will book you in for a follow up fitting after they order up the coil packs.

This new particular recall was issued on 28th March from my local dealer. There has been a number of recalls before that date, but the recent date has included more recent revisions in the techi bulletin.

I took mine off the other day, broke one of the clips on the plug that goes into the coilpack.

Hope it won't cause any issues.

I broke 2 of mine, been running like that for over 2 years now. They still have a clip in the middle that holds them in place.

Ah, too bad. I'd just decided to buy it too! :dull:

Nice to know that the MK2 is affected by this too. I thought that the MK2 would have used different packs though.

All cars between 02 and 05, also VRS on 06/56 :thumbup:

Phoned local dealer this morning who confirmed that my 51 plate 4x4 is included. To save me a trip out to them he said I could phone him the partnumbers of the ones I've got now and he'll order in some new ones. Said I had to come in to get them fitted though.

Just made a quick call to my dealer to chase a new alternator earth lead, and asked about this. He said it's a workshop action checked when the cars come in, but Skoda don't intend to send out customer notifications. If you're go elsewhere for service you'll have to chase them yourself.

Phoned Dealer,

Gave reg no: / chassis no:, he confirmed there is a "Ignition Coil Campaign No: 28 F7" (Issued March 28th) and that my car was covered.

They are ordering in the coil packs and Im booked in on 3rd May to have them changed.

10/10 for Briskoda :thumbup:

Peter

Edited by Silver Bullet

Mine have been replaced this morning, car seems to run better, but it could be my imagination. :dull: I can also confirm that they didn't do any software updates either, just checked to make sure that there were no fault codes relating to the coilpacks stored, so remaps are safe! :rofl:

Service manager let me look at the Service bulletin, and it applies to 110kw and 132kw 1.8t engines, so 4x4's and non-vrs are included too. And yes, it's not a recall as such - Skoda won't notify you, but they will change them if you ask them.

Interestingly, I read that it also applies to type 3U 1.8t superbs too, and MK2 octavia with the 2.0 TFSI engines (different coilpack - Think the good ones end with F).

Shall I post in the superb forum? :giggle:

Mine have been replaced this morning, car seems to run better, but it could be my imagination. :dull: I can also confirm that they didn't do any software updates either, just checked to make sure that there were no fault codes relating to the coilpacks stored, so remaps are safe! :rofl:

Service manager let me look at the Service bulletin, and it applies to 110kw and 132kw 1.8t engines, so 4x4's and non-vrs are included too. And yes, it's not a recall as such - Skoda won't notify you, but they will change them if you ask them.

Interestingly, I read that it also applies to type 3U 1.8t superbs too, and MK2 octavia with the 2.0 TFSI engines (different coilpack - Think the good ones end with F).

Shall I post in the superb forum? :giggle:

:thumbup: Skoda are going to love you! :giggle:

Rang my nearest dealer today, told me if there was a recall i would have received a letter from skoda, I argued the point, they kept repeating this and basically laughed me off the phone :@ glad they were nearly an hour away from me! gonna try a different dealer

Rang my nearest dealer today, told me if there was a recall i would have received a letter from skoda, I argued the point, they kept repeating this and basically laughed me off the phone :@ glad they were nearly an hour away from me! gonna try a different dealer

That is absolute rubbish.

Why would Skoda send out letters, they would want keep the recall as quite as possible to stop everyone on the band wagon jumping in. This is why Skoda are not stocking up for the recall as that would be a upfront cost and not a understanding on a qty likely to be consumed. All Skoda have done is release a technical bulletin.

Just mention that is is recall bulletin ref 28F7 - replace all ignition coils, and that should jog there memory.

I just had mine replaced today after a check up last week and all good. Very pleased with the new ones, and i managed at least 2mpg more so far. :thumbup:

Think 1 or 2 of mine were starting to play up..

Emailed the Wellington dealer yesterday and they asked for my VIN.

They just replied to say mine is covered.

Booked in for next Thursday

Must remember to check the mileage because their mechanics were very interested in the car and I guarantee they will want to play test pilot.