Octavia vRS, rumors

Have any one heard of any rumors of a new Octavia vRS, if Skoda has decided to build one?

Things that I want to know is anyone seen or heard rumors of a new version?

Possibly engine specs, 4x4, DSG etc..

/k

Didn't somebody say we'd have to see an updated Golf first - which we're expecting to see in 2012.

Meaning that we'd probably see a Mk3 Octy at the beginning of 2013?

The things that are on my wish list is 4x4, ~250-300bhp and better even soundproofing.

I don't think my 2010 VRS needs better soundproofing? It seems very refined to me (I had a Volvo previously).

Edited by juan27

I don't think my 2010 VRS needs better soundproofing? It seems very refined to me (I had a Volvo previously).

You don´t live in Sweden, crappy roads.. Even for a Volvo (birth country of Volvo) :p

They've definitely beefed up the sound proofing now vs. this time last year. My new car is about half the volume of the old one on the motorway - just compared them back to back!

Ooh look, it's an Insignia... :wonder:

It's not hogging the outside lane, are you sure? :giggle: Agree though, looks very insignia-ish.

I have had my vRS hatch for 4 days and the noise is pretty bad (constant low sound at all speeds), had it at the dealers today and they agree that is is not good, to their credit they checked it over and everything is looking ok so I am considering adding soundproofing in the spare wheel well, anyone done this and does it work ?

I have had my vRS hatch for 4 days and the noise is pretty bad (constant low sound at all speeds), had it at the dealers today and they agree that is is not good, to their credit they checked it over and everything is looking ok so I am considering adding soundproofing in the spare wheel well, anyone done this and does it work ?

I used dynamat extreme for the whole boot area which included the spare wheel well and all the surrounding area,(you only need to tap the metal in this area to hear how much it resonates),I took off the side carpets and covered most of the sides (there was only a small strip on the outer rear wing), I covered as much of the wheel area (but there's lots of wires and modules on the passenger side wheel well which I didn't fancy disturbing), I took the rear seats out (its just one torx screw and they slide out) and covered underneath the rear seats and managed to get a strip on the side of the rear carpets. I then used a sponge type sound deadening on top of this.

I can hear a slight improvement at 30mph, and even better at motorway speeds, but the most noticable improvements is when you go over bumpy roads where it would crash over potholes etc....now it's more of a solid thump. I didn't have the guts to take the doorcards off to do the insides of the doors (I bought spare clips so I could renew them if they broke-but haven't gone down that road.............yet.

• 2 months later...

I ordered my Octavia VRS mid Feb 2011. I've been told this week that I have a provisional build week (32).

I was also told I'll be receiving the 2012 version!

I ordered my Octavia VRS mid Feb 2011. I've been told this week that I have a provisional build week (32).

I was also told I'll be receiving the 2012 version!

Didn't you ask the dealer what this meant?! I also don't get how you can get a MY 2012 car in Aug 2011. A 2012 version car would be a model year 2012 car but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is any difference to the MY 2011 car. Possible that some switch gear or trim is updated though, and as they've already done the facelift then that rules serious cosmetic changes out.

sadly not, but a guy can dream, lol. I reckon after this Octy Im going to get a cheap little diesel runaround for every day, and a weekend car for when I fancy some poke :-D