Just done Audi TT jacking point DIY mod

For those of you that have tried to jack your car up and damaged the sill or chassis trying to find the best place (especially on a lowered car) this mod is for you. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

TTjackingRubbers.jpg

VRSPiperExhaustFitting011.jpg

I saw this mod on MK 4 R32 forum.

So simple to do.

The MK1 Audi TT has these rubber jacking points as standard to prevent wear on the sill when jacking the car using a trolley jack.

The part numbers are:

8N0 804 583, YOU NEED 4 OF THESE

8N0 803 855, YOU NEED 4 OF THESE

Can purchase the kit here:

http://www.awesome-g...php?xProd=13797

or buy from Audi Dealers. May be cheaper than Awesome

Total install time about 5-10 min.

There are two parts to the rubber jacking points basically a solid plastic insert and the rubber mount

All you need to do is remove the original rubber bung fom the car(mine only had them i the rear holes) fit in the rubber section and then press in the plastic section. Tip is use a bit of soap or washing up liquid to go aroiunf the rubber and plastic parts so it slides in easier.

Then use a trolley jack to press them in. You will hear 1 maybe 2 clicks as the plastic part slots into the rubber section and then the rubber section into the hole.

Pic of Rear

before

VRSPiperExhaustFitting012.jpg

After

VRSPiperExhaustFitting023.jpg

Pic of Front

Before

VRSPiperExhaustFitting024.jpg

After

VRSPiperExhaustFitting026.jpg

Now its dead simple to jack the car up and also much safer then using the sill. It also means any garage you take your car too wont damage the floor pan as its blindingly obvious the car has four jacking points.

Perhaps this could be posted into the Jacking point section after folks have seen the thread

Edited by Bowders1

These pads are not designed to be used with a trolley jack. The are designed to be used with a four arm lift with correct fitments so that both sides of the car are lifted simultaneously.

Sorry but why.....

But even when not using trolley jack, will still stop the garages damaging the sills

Edited by Bowders1

Done this myself, to preserve my sills.

Got them from TPS.

Part numbers are

8N0804583 X4 £5.42+VAT

8N0803855 X4 £10.63+VAT (Prices as of July 2010)

Is that each or all together? I'd also read that these were designed to be used all for at a time on a ramp and not with a trolley jack? My front ones have fallen out so would be nice to have something in there.

Is that each or all together? I'd also read that these were designed to be used all for at a time on a ramp and not with a trolley jack? My front ones have fallen out so would be nice to have something in there.

read it bud there all togather that is y the x4 is there :rofl:

Mike, a non smart@ss answer would be...

Yes its for 4, they are designed to be used on a 4 post style ramp, however am not sure as Bowders said why you can use them with a trolley jack, they must be welded into the chassis as a support otherwise they wouldnt be suitable to use when on ramp for lifting. This sill lip imo is far weaker a spot to look at jacking the car up on. I use the chassis rails behind the sill anyway with a pad on my low lift jack, a puck is another good idea placed on your jack with a v grove cut into for the sill.

Mike, a non smart@ss answer would be...

Yes its for 4, they are designed to be used on a 4 post style ramp, however am not sure as Bowders said why you can use them with a trolley jack, they must be welded into the chassis as a support otherwise they wouldnt be suitable to use when on ramp for lifting. This sill lip imo is far weaker a spot to look at jacking the car up on. I use the chassis rails behind the sill anyway with a pad on my low lift jack, a puck is another good idea placed on your jack with a v grove cut into for the sill.

When jacking up on the sill or even the chassis, that to me gives more play than those rubber bushes. You only have to look at the chassis rails after lots of garages have pressed the inner part upwards, and as for the sills, I am forever bending those back :doh: I guess the issue could be a trolley jack could slip off them or at a angle prise them out the car(they are only pressed in)

But as i use a racing style jack, and as you also do Luca use a rubber puck, to me this is kind of the same thing just the rubber puck is fixed to the car now. My racing jack has a nice cup in it which is perfect for jacking up with either rubber puck or the rubber bush now.

yup i agree, i dont see why the method that mark uses cannot be used, the stock sill locations are not up to the job, these have to be better. I jack on the chassis rails behind the sill, with my lowlift jack and a foam pad or puck for support, that works for me, however i will look into these inserts at some point:>

Hi Buddy, The Piper is louder than my original Blueflame which was louder than the previous Miltek one.

Not loud enough to be intrusive but very noticeable.

These systems are louder with a sports cat also as i still have my Blueflame Sport Cat fitted which slotted into the Piper very well.

I fitted it myself which was a bt of a pain lining up, but now happy with it and the quality is very good indeed.

Here is some pic's

VRSPiperExhaustFitting009.jpg

VRSPiperExhaustFitting004.jpg

VRSPiperExhaustFitting005.jpg

VRSVRSPiperExhaust.jpg

might upload a sound clips later..

Edited by Bowders1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just came across this thread, ta for the info, I've just ordered the kit from Awesome.

Would it be ok to jack the whole front up using 2 trolley jacks on the front 2 of these? Have you tried it & done it without bending anything?

i drive my wagon on to a couple of planks of wood, and then slide my ally trolley jack right under to the chassis legs and jack up there. worst car iv ever known for getting it jacked up!

• 1 month later...

I put these in yesterday in preparation for a visit to a garage for some work to be done on the car. At present the sills are in very good condition. The rear ones are looking good but the fronts do not face straight down but are rather facing at an angle outwards towards the sill. They are seated correctly. This on my new 4x4. This area of the underneath also faces outwards on my 110 Elegance Tdi. Is this correct? Will this create problems for a 4 point lift as the car is going in for diagnostic/fix of rumbling grinding noise. Hopefully only a wheel bearing but we shall see.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I put these in yesterday in preparation for a visit to a garage for some work to be done on the car. At present the sills are in very good condition. The rear ones are looking good but the fronts do not face straight down but are rather facing at an angle outwards towards the sill. They are seated correctly. This on my new 4x4. This area of the underneath also faces outwards on my 110 Elegance Tdi. Is this correct? Will this create problems for a 4 point lift as the car is going in for diagnostic/fix of rumbling grinding noise. Hopefully only a wheel bearing but we shall see.

Mark

I'm interested too, anyone who's fitted these able to answer please :-)

• 3 months later...