Photography Thread

Tas

On 22/06/2019 at 18:41, Lady Elanore said:

:) I keep thinking about getting into macro, but knowing me I'd end up going mad for a few weeks then getting bored, followed by the lens collecting dust for 6 months until I see a picture like your's and then going mad again for a few weeks :D  I should really save up for a bit white prime...:D 

its interesting to do but eventually one gets tired of partially blurred shots..

the cheapest and best way is to get tubes for a standard lens and go manual

4938027119_abd3ff0f16_b.jpgS1-large by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

my friend olly

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mickvrs220 said:

This ones taken with tubes ,you always get partially blurred shots unless you focus stack ,dof is very small on macro shots

2019-06-24_09-41-41.jpg

how does one do a stack....with a tripod i guess...and manual focus...

where do you then stack them??

cheers

geof

22 hours ago, Mickvrs220 said:

This ones taken with tubes ,you always get partially blurred shots unless you focus stack ,dof is very small on macro shots

I'd check that screw if I were you - looks like he's up to no good 🙄

Gaz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrcrow said:

how does one do a stack....with a tripod i guess...and manual focus...

where do you then stack them??

cheers

geof

Yeah you need a tripod then lots of shots front to back to get the subject all in focus ,if your clever ,which counts me out allready you can stack in photoshop but theres a few free software apps that are designed for just the job i believe there are a few tutoriols on youtube .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, V6TDI said:

I'd check that screw if I were you - looks like he's up to no good 🙄

Gaz

It was nearly dead when i picked it up out of garden so i put a dollop of honey down for him and he soon recovered ,and it kept him still long enuff for me to get a few shots .

• Like 2

On 25/06/2019 at 21:06, Mickvrs220 said:

Yeah you need a tripod then lots of shots front to back to get the subject all in focus ,if your clever ,which counts me out allready you can stack in photoshop but theres a few free software apps that are designed for just the job i believe there are a few tutoriols on youtube .

thanks

my lightroom has a stack feature but its for doing HDR....but it may do the same for shots with same exposure...

there must be some complications with a simple programme...depth of field could aggravate some of the subsequent items in the stack..??

thinking outside the box here...as i usually do...and find myself alone!!

my only foray with true macro was with a nikon ais 55 macro which also did really good portraits...its flat field so its sharp right to the edges...

alas...all the nikon kit was sold years ago...

its an expensive hobby nest pass....especially with the optics side of things

cheers

geof

KEN_0047-0600.jpg

Edited by mrcrow

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:23, mrcrow said:

did you visit rabat

No, unfortunately it was only a quick day visit from a cruise. I'd love to see more of Morocco though.

• Like 1

all planes are interesting

we recently visited https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/ and were gobsmacked with the large hanger exhibits

hanger is the operative word for the lightning hanging from its nose

when we were in malta we visited this one...https://www.maltaaviationmuseum.com/

where they have ww2 planes and are rebuilding from scratch some others

if you want a good read about warplanes and malta ..read "fortress malta"  its unbelievable what they did with a few fighters and a couple of biplanes

12 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

Last night's moon

Wow! 😎

That's really big - were you standing on a chair? 😁

Gaz

• Haha 1