Well..... I had :

Curatin Airbags

Maxi Dot

Full Size Spare Wheel

Heated Seats

Variable Boot

LED Daylight Running Lights

Xenons

If their was only one item I could keep it would be the Xenons.

Yes I am pleased what are this years new Model changes? Is there info on this anywhere? Thanks

For the Octavia it's:

* Storm Blue metallic deleted replaced by Petrol Blue metallic

* Aqua Blue metallic deleted replaced by Steel Grey metallic

* The new Skoda badge makes its first appearance

* A change to the dashboard icon for "handbrake on"

* A change for the name ESP to EDC (or something like that!)

* Deletion of the pockets on the rear of the front seats for the S trim only

* Enhancement of the Sat Nav to include full 7 digit postcode capacity.

* A change from TWIN tail pipes on the 2.0 CR 140 model to a SINGLE tail pipe

Well..... I had :

Curatin Airbags

Maxi Dot

Full Size Spare Wheel

Heated Seats

Variable Boot

LED Daylight Running Lights

Xenons

If their was only one item I could keep it would be the Xenons.

Totaly agree, I would not buy a car now without Xenons legal aftermarket bulbs just don't get anywhere near factory fitted ones IMHO :thumbup:

I to have just ordered a vRS i have gone for the estate though I have been told by the dealer this week that it will be 12 weeks so am I right in thinking the car will be the new model change i.e new skoda badge etc

Congrats on your order B) Options are a personal thing but i think you'll be pleased with your purchase.

FYI I fitted Ring Xenon Max bulbs which cost £25 a pair. My mate also fitted them to his new merc which didn't come with xenons(!), he couldn't tell the difference between his old xenon equipped BMW and the merc with the uprated bulbs. Having tried these I would never order them as an extra.

Have rung the dealer this morning and added bluetooth, as I just kept thinking that if I dont have it then I will be kicking myself for the next few years as it will be something that annoys me, so been added on, perfect!

Great these forums but they always cost you money as you end up adding more than what you bargained for!!! :-)

I would say maxidot but believe this is included as part of the DSG set up. Spare wheel maybe?

i am confused as the maxidot option is there on skoda website for dsg 1.2se

Congrats on your order B) Options are a personal thing but i think you'll be pleased with your purchase.

FYI I fitted Ring Xenon Max bulbs which cost £25 a pair. My mate also fitted them to his new merc which didn't come with xenons(!), he couldn't tell the difference between his old xenon equipped BMW and the merc with the uprated bulbs. Having tried these I would never order them as an extra.

Sorry but thats rubbish. All I can say your mate cant have had Xenons on his BMW or they must have been knackered.

Are you talking about these :

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/230103/ring_xenonmax.html

Have rung the dealer this morning and added bluetooth, as I just kept thinking that if I dont have it then I will be kicking myself for the next few years as it will be something that annoys me, so been added on, perfect!

Great these forums but they always cost you money as you end up adding more than what you bargained for!!! :-)

Ha Ha That's just what happened to me. I ordered the car not fully understanding how the bluetooth option worked. Once I researched it I came to the conclusion it was a brilliant way of connecting the phone (using RSAP).

Then went back to the dealer and changed the order with no problems, glad I didemoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 months later...

Well looks like I am going to have the car early, was originally having it on September 1st, but its being built next week, we are away on holiday end of July so hopefully I can have for that, put it through its paces see how it performs etc

The dealer said they will hold it til Sept 1st if I wanted them to as that is what was agreed, but I am not a patient type, so the day it arrives at the dealer I will want it!!!!

Do they leave th factory the day they are built or is once a week or something, and is 2/3 weeks from build date to me taking delivery??

James

Well looks like I am going to have the car early, was originally having it on September 1st, but its being built next week, we are away on holiday end of July so hopefully I can have for that, put it through its paces see how it performs etc

The dealer said they will hold it til Sept 1st if I wanted them to as that is what was agreed, but I am not a patient type, so the day it arrives at the dealer I will want it!!!!

Do they leave th factory the day they are built or is once a week or something, and is 2/3 weeks from build date to me taking delivery??

James

Seems to vary but not drastically, I guess it depends on boat sailings, which port its landed at etc etc Ours was about 2 weeks from Build to collection from the dealer. You will certainly have it in time for end July baring boats sinking etc

You will get a few odd looks from people when you first get the car, I think its the permanernt grin that lasts for a few days :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Stuart_J

Sorry but thats rubbish. All I can say your mate cant have had Xenons on his BMW or they must have been knackered.

Are you talking about these :

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/230103/ring_xenonmax.html

I think the 35W xenon unit put our something like 3 times the light output of a 55W halogen bulb. Higher brightness bulbs promise up to 90% more and few deliver on that.

Be very carefull with delivery times yours should be quicker as it is a petrol took delivery of my 170 CR yesterday nearly 9 months after ordering. Try and get the dealer to be honest about the serious delivery delays at Skoda.

Get them to agree to a refundable deposit if the delivery goes beyond what you were expecting ang ask for regular updates.

James

It will be worth ,£250 more come resale time if you wait for 61 plate, that is about a months payment for it :yes:

It will be worth ,£250 more come resale time if you wait for 61 plate, that is about a months payment for it :yes:

Yer, but depending on how long the car is kept for the difference in plate value will fall away.

By the time you get to around 4-5 years old, the plate won't make a great deal of difference on value and people will buy on the "year" rather than plate.

Been in to my dealer to pay the remaining deposit, as they had to redo my finance as it's been outstanding awaiting the car it now means that I get the 20% vat offer plus the added bonus of 3 years servicing, plus went through the accessories brochure as my freebies, have chosen boot liner, rubber floor mats for the winter plus front and rear mud flaps which they are putting on for me.

They have also just had a vrs to my spec delivered except diesel and it looks pretty good, getting close now, can't wait!!!!

But most people who buy a new car for the catchet of a new plate and do not keep for 5 years ,they change every 3 :thumbup:

Fair enough I guess.

I'm planning on keeping my 11 plate for around 5 years.

By which time the Mk3 Octy will be nicely established.

Fair enough I guess.

I'm planning on keeping my 11 plate for around 5 years.

By which time the Mk3 Octy will be nicely established.

Yes I too am waiting for the mark three, I did not like the facelift :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to the dealer, they said it arrived in the UK yesterday, and is just awaiting transporting from the port (presume shearness) to the dealer, so hopefully end of next week I can collect it!!!! Wow, going to be a looooong week!!!!

Getting mega-excited now!!!!