Fabia DRL (running lights) Help please

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=281120420538

These are the bulbs I have used, very impressed with them, and no error codes! On the subject of DRLs I am wanting to get hold of a VCDS cable/software to activate the tail lights with the DRLs and also to have the dash binnacle lights to come on with ignition.

Horn is, excuse the pun, 'fab' :rofl: I will post a real quick video when I have someone to toot the horn for me. So easy to fit, the only thing that took anytime was creating my own wiring loom to just 'plug and play' with the Fabias existing socket. Plenty of room for a fanfare horn behind the bumper...it was Childs play.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=281120420538

I need to get myself some of these !!! They look great !!

Hi George.

My monte uses the sidelight bulb, front only on my car for the parking light.

I have just put 2 5W CREE Q5 bulbs in as side lights. Seem fine, no errors on the dash and they look the part. Pics to follow when I get on my laptop.

Plan on changing the indicator bulbs next to the silver vision ones and the fogs to CREE chips as well. Need to check out which bulbs they are first.

Getting the drums powder coated black in a fortnight and the calipers painted red. Debadge the back and shes all done

• Like 1

I just fitted those 10W Q5 Cree DRL bulbs jonro2009 recommended into my 2012 Fabia and they look GREAT and no errors showing up on the display so all is good!! Super bright lights, the standard DRL's look a dull orange by comparison. Next day delivery too, can't say better than that! Excellent E-bay seller, order with confidence, best £22.50 I ever spent :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-P21W-CREE-Q5-10W-LED-1156-382-BA15s-STOP-TAIL-REVERSE-BULBS-DRL-BRAKE/281120420538

jonro2009, re Parking Lights,

Do you not think there is a fault,

if only the front sidelight is on and not the rear tail light & possibly one side of the number when its set for 'Parking Light'.

The rear being lit is pretty important if there is the need to use them.

george

Hi George....

Just been out to check on the parking light situation and you are right, the tail lights and one half of the number plate do light up, as does the CREE bulb in my side light. I just hadn't noticed before. To be honest though, I don't know where/when I would ever use a parking light. I'm particular about where I park and I've even been known to go home if I cant find a space I like !!!

• Like 1

The debadging of the rear is taking place tomorrow....providing the girlfriend will let me use her hair dryer!!

Car is booked in for a fortnight away for powder coating of the rear drums and painting of the front calipers...purely to protect the parts of course :think:

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted these and they're great, no resistors needed and no errors on the dashboard either:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-P21W-CREE-Q5-10W-LED-1156-382-BA15s-STOP-TAIL-REVERSE-BULBS-DRL-BRAKE-/281120420538

Each bulb contains two Cree LED's so they're brighter than single LED bulbs too.

If I knew how to replace the interior lights I'd do this too - anyone done this?

Edited by FabFabFabia

I've just fitted LED bulbs to the interior lights.

You unclip the clear lens to get access to fit the new ones.

You'll need a 42mm Festoon LED bulb for the centre light and 2x 5w5 LED bulbs for the map reading lights, these are the same size as the bulbs for the sidelights if you've got a Monte.

I used the ones I had fitted in my previous car which I bought cheaply from EBay, you'll be better off buying the Canbus error free ones so they don't flicker or put error codes on the Maxidot.

They look much better and blend in with the white display and clocks of the Maxidot console.

I have changed all the interior bulbs. You can use 42-44mm LED festoon bulbs for the centre light and as stated above w5w bulbs for the map lights. ... as a footnote to this be careful what size w5w bulbs you get. I mean length wise as some are longer than others and if they are to long the plastic lens will not go back on properly.

To remove the plastic cover pull it downwards from the headliner from the furthest edge that runs parallel to the windscreen. Be careful to pull only the plastic cover and not the whole housing. Its a 0.5 on the 1-10 difficulty scale :-)

I also changed the boot light. ..another w5w bulb. I used a blue LED bulb for accent as a single bulb isn't really going to give off much light. I intend to run some SMD strip lights in the boot this week. Removing the light is easy, the whole housing is to be pulled out. Disconnect the wiring harness. Do not try to unclip the cover from the metal cage, there are retainer clips on the 4 corners of the metal that you should gently bend out a little then you can separate the two. When you put it back together just bend the corners back in.

I've done the number plate bulbs too, they are 36mm festoon bulbs. I didn't go for CREE as I couldn't justify the price tag. To remove the number plate bulbs you have to pry the unit or from the boot, I had to use a flat head screwdriver for this and used a credit card between the paintwork and screwdriver to avoid any damage.

Got all the bulbs from car mod shop. No error codes. Prompt delivery and no charge for p&p

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wouldn't say it's much brighter, just makes the light more intense as they give off a white light.

It does make the interior look better, gives it a more upmarket look.

I've got a spare 5w5 so might fit that in the boot light.

I won't bother with the number plate lights as the rear lights aren't LED like my last car that the bulbs came from.

My interior lights are certainly a 'cleaner' white light and definitely brighter. Does give a more upmarket look.

I ordered my SMD strips for the boot today, ive gone with blue but kind wish id chosen red now? Will see what they look like and switch to red if I dont like the blue.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261240506852

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261240506852

1st link for the w5w SMD

2nd link for the 42mm 4xSMD festoon.

I don't think the indoor lighting is monitored by the CANbus system but not sure. ...I have no errors anyway.

Cheers Jonro2009, I'm rubbish at this posting links bit.

You're probably right about the Canbus for the interior lights but I had them from my last car so just fitted them.

They still dim then go out like the standard bulbs with no flicker so I'm well pleased with how they look.

• Like 1

I agree Gaz, it's probably s good idea to go for bulbs with load resistors built in. They do seem to handle the dimming much better.

If you're going to do something may as well get it right.

........ now for the next project......

I agree Gaz, it's probably s good idea to go for bulbs with load resistors built in. They do seem to handle the dimming much better.

If you're going to do something may as well get it right.

........ now for the next project......

hi jonro when fitting ur new horns did you need a relay or did ya just use the + and - wires from factory horn.. :rofl: