She's chattering like a good'en

Had the car mapped last week, she's now boosting to 20psi (yey!). Thought i'd change the spring in the diverter valve to the "15 - 25psi" rated one. Allthough now she's chattering a little when letting off the throttle. Is it wise to put the standard spring back in with a shim?

Must admit, it sounds lovely, but i dont want to put extra wear on the blower then the air comes back over the blades.

It's not good to have chatter for obvious reasons. Maybe your DV needs a service or the top pipe off of the DV is kinked stopping it blowing off? Furrys MK1 chatters like my 2 year old daughter and I think he said it has done for about 30k miles? but his is still alright.

Sometimes I can detect a slight flutter but don't think it's chatter, my DV noise changed when the N249 was deleted, I think it is just dumping quicker.

Hmmm who knows...Oh well if the KO3s gives up, its an excuse to upgrade to something a little more.....larger :giggle:

Going to mess around with the springs tomorrow. The re-circ valve's onlt been on for 2-3k miles

mine has chattered since i had mine mapped Nick said not to worry about it....won't hurt nothing was his words..

I know someone that had an EVO with no BOV, but that was for racing applications so all he wanted was maximum acceleration. Furry's chatters like ****, you can hear it on some of the spectator videos from Combe, his has 155k on the original turbo and was mapped from new. If you can hardly hear it then I doubt it's an issue.

as mike says mine chatters more than kerry katona on speed!!!

been doing so for at least 30k and still on original turbo at 155k!!!

i run a baileys dv26 piston dump valve with the return pipe blocked off.

once my bumper cam video is up you'll hear it as the cam is less that a foot from my air filter :thumbup:

Looking forward to the video.

It appears to be doing it when i accelerate on boost, then let off the throttle half way it will "flutter dump". If i accelerate then let off completley it will dump as normal.

Is this because the throttle body will only be half closed?