mfd display

Afternoon all :)

Does anyone know is possible to change the digital speedo output on a 2011 octy rs from kph as we have here in Ireland to mph? Its just that being a Brit abroad i still think in mph and find it easier to watch my speed!! :)

Cheers

Kit

Not sure but i know on mine, if i switch the units to mpg etc. the speed warning alarm is then in mph so it will ding above the mph set, even tho the main speedo is just in kph

ps mine is pre fl so dont have the digital speedo that the uk cars have to show kph for when on the continent

think the system in the FL is different from the pre FL. Il have a mess about with it later and see if i can change it but knowing my luck il feck it up good and proper!!

K:)

Afternoon all :)

Does anyone know is possible to change the digital speedo output on a 2011 octy rs from kph as we have here in Ireland to mph? Its just that being a Brit abroad i still think in mph and find it easier to watch my speed!! :)

Cheers

Kit

I wonder how many times this question has been asked and answered on this forum.

The answer is always the the same ---- NO

I wonder how many times this question has been asked and answered on this forum.

On my MY11 Yeti I have done it.

in VCDS change the country to Autrialia.

Then you can enable the very large digital speed via the maxidot. Several Yeti's have done this

check out this thread: My link

Mike

Sorry

Seems this answer is now WRONG.

It is possible, as least on the new Yeti, to set the display - to MPH, by changing to the Australian settings

and then making the changings by means of VCDS. Thanks to Mike.

Has any one tried to see if this is possible for other models !!!!

Sorry

It is possible, as least on the new Yeti, to set the display - to MPH, by changing to the Australian settings

I believe Octavia's, Superb's & Golfs for starters.....

Sorry to have posted the question when it appears it has already been dicussed but if i used the search function i would be on here the entire day trying to find it!!....not having a dig but the key word search is woeful!!

If i can find someone with VCDS here in Dublin i might give it a bash and see if it works :)

K :)

While this is true for UK vehicles that have speedos in mph it isn't true for Irish vehicles that have speedos in km/h. (assuming you have Maxidot) you should be able to go to Setup->Alt Speed Disp (might be Second Speed). There should be a toggle between mph and km/h.

Sorry

It is possible, at least on the new Yeti, to set the display - to MPH, by changing to the Australian settings

and then making the changing by means of VCDS. Thanks to Mike.

Edited by ramonford

Stringbean,

tried what you said but no joy :( I dont have maxidot just the normal mfd!K:)

I thought Maxidot was standard on Irish vRS's ?

On my MY11 Yeti I have done it.

in VCDS change the country to Autrialia.

Then you can enable the very large digital speed via the maxidot. Several Yeti's have done this

check out this thread: My link

Mike

As I clearly put in post #7 in that link it IS possible on a Yeti and Superb, so probably all the latter models also :thumbup:

Sorry

See above, it works on the Superb too.

Sorry to have posted the question when it appears it has already been dicussed but if i used the search function i would be on here the entire day trying to find it!!....not having a dig but the key word search is woeful!!

If i can find someone with VCDS here in Dublin i might give it a bash and see if it works :)

K :)

Google is your friend. Using Google ADVANCED search you can search any domain and define the search to exactly what you want. Click on advanced search on the standard Google search page, fill in the search terms and put this domain address in the appropriate box down the bottom of the search definitions. Another way is to do a standard search then use "search within results".

Edited by Ozsko