To Sticker Or Not To Sticker?

Huck

right, i've been mulling this over for a wee while ( the quandaries i face in my life, eh?! ).

when i had my RS, i got a sticker but returned it before it was attached as i had by then bought the 330. as you may or may not know, i then took a sabbatical from briskoda for a short time but now i'm back, i feel like i want to sticker my car.

it's obviously not going to work as an advert to other skoda owners as it will be on a bmw, but i kinda want to show some allegiance. you may never know, i may even get spotted by an eagle-eyed supporter!

so, i think i may be on to ian to send me another sticker to put on my pride and joy.

remember ian, it's already paid for!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To sticker or not to sticker? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in mind to suffer the slings and arrows of other BMW drivers who wonder why the hell you have a Skoda sticker on your 330, Or to take arms against the sea of Beemers, and by opposing them, end their Skoda prejudices! :D

My opinion is "STICKER!" - Although this may generate some bemusement when other Beemer owners spot it on your car...?

not arsed about other beemer drivers. they're all road hogging arrogant morons ;)

just been outside, will take out the dealer sticker and put the small briskoda sticker in its stead!!

cool!!

now that would be something!

actually, i was thinking of the small one, to put in place of the dealer sticker.

should fit v. nicely indeedy. if any spare ian, can pick it up from you on thursday??

You could always re-arrange the letters to spell:

A BOD STINKER

A BIKE DR SNOT

A BESOT DRINK

TAD BONKERS I

ITS A RED KNOB

BAD SKIER NOT

BAD TOKEN SIR

ONE BAD SKIRT

BAKED NITROS

BRENDA ITS OK

I DONT BRAKES

IT READS KNOB

and so on :D

:rofl: - Trouble is some letters would be lower case...i.e the "n" "e" & "t" Still a damn good idea. When I stuck mine on, I didn't do it by letter. I just stuck the whole strip on, waited a second, and slowly peeled off the backing. It worked OK for me.

Am I the only person who removes dealers' stickers from the back wiindow? Even having done that, my Felicia has the dealer's name on both number plates, on the back of the tax disc holder, and on a sticker behind the rearview mirror. Some dealers even put semi-permanent dealer badges on the boot, or use what look like transfers.

PS The dealer I bought the Felicia from secondhand even noticed and commented that the rear window sticker had been removed! :(

I spent ages removing that massive 4X4 sticker from the rear window of my car, only to have the rear window replaced a few weeks later when a stone broke it. Autoglass didn't offer to fit a replacement sticker..... :)

Originally posted by DGW in this post

Am I the only person who removes dealers' stickers from the back wiindow?

No, you're not the only one... In fact, mine will go at the next available opportunity... Any tips?

Why do you remove the dealers stickers if you don't mind me asking? Mine is a semi-circle and is a heavy duty one stuck to the outside almost totally on the black bit of the rear window, and so I can't see it.

Yes. Don't use anything sharp, ie a razor blade or Stanley blade, anywhere near the heating elements. I used isopropanol to get the glue off - assuming that the sticker is actually stuck on like the 4X4 one was on my back window. Sticky Stuff remover (Betterware) or similar will also do. Do the job slowly and carefully - and good luck.

I can't understand why people don't remove the dealer stickers. Why spend thousands to buy a new car, then drive around giving free advertising to the people who took the money off you?

It's bad enough having to display their name on the number plates, but at least you can remove the window stickers.

They must be laughing up their sleeves!

Originally posted by Quinten in this post

No, you're not the only one... In fact, mine will go at the next available opportunity... Any tips?

I just waited for a hot day, pointed the back of the car at the sun and left it to warm up for a while. The sticker peeled straight off. Just take it VERY slowly and your heated window elements should be ok :)