Roomster voted 48th ugliest car in the past 50 years.

Yeah..I don't agree with with that..can think of alot worse! And yes I do think they could have done a slightly better job of the rear door/roof area, but I'ts not that bad! Also why has he got the Volvo 240 estate, BMW 7 series (Bangle designed), and Ferrari Enzo in there!! Who ever compiled it wasn't looking hard enough!!! :no:

They obviously haven't looked at any current PeugeotS.

The compiler of the list is an idiot who really hasn't bothered to look at many car designs and doesn't really know the difference between ugly, dull, quirky and downright cool (the delorean FFS) I'd ike to know what they list as the 50 prettiest cars for comparison.

How many things that people though naff at one time have suddenly become trendy or fashionable, how many artists with works hanging in museums and galleries were recognised whilst they were alive as great, how many people think their own baby is ugly?

Let's face it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is a statement of opinion not fact.

Beautiful is as beautiful does I say. The Roomie is a classic example of form follows function.

Of course, this does not apply to my girlfriend, who is lovely to look at but not as practical. But then I don't need her to carry lots of stuff very often.

Only 48th? :rofl:

Thats what i thought as well...

Lets be honest, he's spot on about the doors and window lines, despite the excuses Skoda give for them they aren't 'alf ugly... The rear light cluster's ok though...

Edited by The PM

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has mentioned it, but the list is American. As we all know, Americans know nothing about taste or the rest of the world. The comments about the US cars on the list seem pretty much spot on, but they clearly don't understand that people in other countries have different tasts. I would say that some of the cars on the list are not at all bad looking (though some certainly are).

Many of the cars shown sold pretty well, too, which suggests that this is something of a minority view.

The Roomster may not be the prettiest car in the world but is supremely practical. Isn't that why we bought it?

One question, why isn't the Chevrolet Corvette 'Sting-Ray' on the list? Supposed sports cars don't come much uglier than that.

Rob.