*******census people.....

sharkrider

criminal record??? what a load of rubbish... it's a civil offence not a criminal offence.. also there's nothing to stop you writing whatever the hell you like on there, it's a questionnaire and not a legal document...

fyi in the 2001 census out of the 3 million + that didn't comply only 112 were fined, plus this is also a grey area because you can't prosecute a 'household' you can only prosecute a person..

so if you don't want to fill it in then don't bother, when the hired goons turn up at the door tell them to F OFF, they can only enter your house with your permission

Really?

I strongly suggest you get your facts straight. It IS a CRIMINAL matter, you are required by law to complete the census.

http://help.census.gov.uk/england/help/help-and-information/Gettingstarted/Yourlegalresponsibilities/Topic/Refusingtocompleteaquestionnaire_W0076A.html

Refusing to complete a 2011 Census questionnaire

Everyone living or staying in the UK on census night must be included on a census questionnaire. Refusing to do so could result in prosecution and a criminal record.

Householders are legally responsible for completing and returning a census questionnaire. This must include information for all appropriate household members and visitors.

Refusing to take part in the 2011 Census affects your community and your future.

The information you supply on your questionnaire is essential to produce accurate, high quality statistics. Funding to your community from central government is directly linked to the population statistics in your area. The few who are not counted in the 2011 Census, become invisible members of your community. Their statistics are not included in funding allocations or service planning. This means that your area will not get the money it is entitled to. Your community needs everyone to take part.

Accurate planning based on good quality statistics is vital, so completing and returning a 2011 Census questionnaire is compulsory under the Census Act.

If you refuse to complete and return the questionnaire, or give false information, you may be liable for a fine. This liability does not apply to the completion of questions about religion.

What happens if you don’t take part

1. If a questionnaire is not completed and returned, reminders will be sent out to households.

2. Census staff will visit and offer to help householders complete their questionnaire.

3. If the householder continues to refuse, information will be forwarded to the census office.

4. A letter will be sent, along with a replacement questionnaire, to enable householders to take part.

5. If the householder continues to refuse, census officers will make a final visit. They will offer to help the householder complete the questionnaire

6. If the householder continues to refuse, the case will be referred to solicitors.

7. Prosecutions will take place in magistrates’ courts. Successful prosecutions will result in a fine of up to £1,000 and a criminal record

A criminal record will affect job/career prospects,loan and mortgage applications, can prevent you getting visas for travel and have to be declared for all insurance applications, the problems you will cause yourself are something you will definitely regret.

Edited by Octoplus

Taken from another forum:

I've had my census form send back to me.

In answer to the question, "Do you have any dependants?",

I put:

"Asylum seekers, gypos, smack heads, unemployable ******s, all the people who go on Jeremy Kyle, Northern Rock, RBS and half of eastern europe.

Apparently this wasn't an acceptable answer.

Neither am I...just the option to ignore the ones which I don't like.

SO I can ignore the laws that stop me shooting thieving scum in both knees and elbows, leaving them in agony for a few hours, then coming back and gut shooting them to finish them off? ;)

The census is a completely out-dated institution; every field on the form that the government has any intention of using positively could have been obtained by statistical interrogation of existing databases.

The census is a completely out-dated institution; every field on the form that the government has any intention of using positively could have been obtained by statistical interrogation of existing databases.

Which is why they have said this would likely be the last census as they don't need them any more and also makes any objection to filling it out a nonsense, they already know everything about you.

What makes me laugh is those that insist they won't fill this out citing privacy etc. yet they are often the first to have a Tesco Clubcard or collect Nectar points and Airmiles, just why do you think companies give them out? They collect data on every single purchase you make, they have your name address,phone number,email address etc. They know all your habits,preferences and favourite condoms/lubricants etc. and they also sell on all the info they hold to 3rd parties so what on earth is there to object to in the census?

I strongly suggest you get your facts straight. It IS a CRIMINAL matter, you are required by law to complete the census.

so your saying the police are going to come round and arrest sombebody who hasn't filled in thier form right??

so your saying the police are going to come round and arrest sombebody who hasn't filled in thier form right??

Are you really having so much difficulty reading the information I posted?

After continued refusal to comply the case is refered to solicitors who then take the matter through Magistrates Court where you would be summonsed. Fail to appear the court appoint either bailiffs to bring you to court or issue a warrant for your arrest and yes that will involve the police calling for you.

yeah i read and understood all that, it may be a surprise but i'm not a complete cretin..

first and foremost they have to prove that you actually recieved the census form. which they cannot do

you wouldn't get an FTA warrant for a summary offence tbh

It is very unlikely that you would end up with a criminal record from this. The questions they ask are ridiculous and not needed. I just answered the bare minimum as i like others don't agree with this tripe.

They make out it is to plan the future of the country....What about all the illegals and Asylum Seekers that no doubt don't have to fill this in? Yet they are the people bleeding us dry along with the stupid EU rules we signed up to which means we have had to give 50 billion pounds to Portugal which we don't have. /Rantover... :doh:

yeah i read and understood all that, it may be a surprise but i'm not a complete cretin..

first and foremost they have to prove that you actually recieved the census form. which they cannot do

you wouldn't get an FTA warrant for a summary offence tbh

No they do not need to prove anything. Read the process again, Census Officers call and offer a new form and help filling it in.......... this is done to ensure that a form is placed in the hand of the householder.

And yes, they do issue warrants, I know someone that refused last time around and believe me it has royally f*cked up their life ever since.

SO I can ignore the laws that stop me shooting thieving scum in both knees and elbows, leaving them in agony for a few hours, then coming back and gut shooting them to finish them off? ;)

No - that would involve consistency rather than me being allowed to break the laws that I don't like, but you having to stick to the laws that I happen to think are quite useful... ;)

The police only get involved after "repeated refusals" to fill in the census form...which includes the door-knocker offering to assist you filling in a form. I think by that stage proving whether or not you received the form in the first place probably won't be particularly significant.

Just fill it in n save youself £1000, it takes 10 minutes, saves us having to advise you to fill it in, saves people having to knock at your door to tell you fill it in, saves the courts the time to fine you £1000 and saves me having totype this missive that i have no doubt you are going to ignore.

Taken from another forum:

I've had my census form send back to me.

In answer to the question, "Do you have any dependants?",

I put:

"Asylum seekers, gypos, smack heads, unemployable ******s, all the people who go on Jeremy Kyle, Northern Rock, RBS and half of eastern europe.

Apparently this wasn't an acceptable answer.

legend :rofl:

Just fill it in n save youself £1000, it takes 10 minutes, saves us having to advise you to fill it in, saves people having to knock at your door to tell you fill it in, saves the courts the time to fine you £1000 and saves me having totype this missive that i have no doubt you are going to ignore.

EXACTLY!!! :thumbup: :wonder:

Some people on here have serious problems if the filling in of an online form giving as much/little info as you like creates such thoughts and anger that they have to spend more time arguing about it than actually doing it in first place. This negativity is boring.

I have filled out ours. Any info I didn't want to include- guess what - I didn't include!

Also please shut up about free country. No such thing and those people who complain about it being free tend to jump on daily mail band wagon and blame societies problems on asylum seekers etc. Again a boring topic.

If it's privacy you are harking on about - as said if you think the census info isn't available to the powers that be think again.

If it's a time problem- log off Briskoda and get on with it

Some people on here have serious problems if the filling in of an online form giving as much/little info as you like creates such thoughts and anger that they have to spend more time arguing about it than actually doing it in first place. This negativity is boring.

I have filled out ours. Any info I didn't want to include- guess what - I didn't include!

Also please shut up about free country. No such thing and those people who complain about it being free tend to jump on daily mail band wagon and blame societies problems on asylum seekers etc. Again a boring topic.

If it's privacy you are harking on about - as said if you think the census info isn't available to the powers that be think again.

If it's a time problem- log off Briskoda and get on with it

get over yourself I won't fill it in simply because I don't want to, I didn't start a thread whinging about it, just stated I won't do it I don't need some limp wristed liberal like yourself telling me I have too :D

(seeing as you seem to be making assumptions I decided to make one of my own :rofl: )

get over yourself I won't fill it in simply because I don't want to, I didn't start a thread whinging about it, just stated I won't do it I don't need some limp wristed liberal like yourself telling me I have too :D

(seeing as you seem to be making assumptions I decided to make one of my own :rofl: )

Sort of reply I expected. Dont get too defensive...

What you actually do doesnt (believe it or not) bother me. High horse or not (like that phrase do we?) :)

Why take the time to post then? Seems to be a lot of genius types on here now that know absolutely everything, I wish I was that clever!!!!! What is it that irks you so much about me not being bothered to fill out the census form anyway? Trouble is with some people is they take up far too much of their own time worrying about what others are doing or not doing in this case, the question I ask is why?

Why take the time to post then? Seems to be a lot of genius types on here now that know absolutely everything, I wish I was that clever!!!!!

I think you have already clearly established your IQ for us

the question I ask is why?

This was not your thread, this is a public forum and others were responding to the OP.