Superb Combi Panoramic Sunroof

Hi,

Now that it's an option again, does anyone have any pictures of(or links to) the Combi Panoramic Sunroof??

Those that are lucky enough to drive a Superb with the sunroof, is it worth it??

Am thinking about biting the bullet and ordering a petrol Superb, with the sunroof, before the end of the Pay No VAT deadline of 2nd May.

Many thanks.

Those that are lucky enough to drive a Superb with the sunroof, is it worth it??

Depends on how you feel about it really.

Me personally? Absolutely so. I think it is lovely although the demo one I had I seldom ever actually opened the roof but I always had the blind back, it lets so much light in it is lovely.

Depends on how you feel about it really.

Me personally? Absolutely so. I think it is lovely although the demo one I had I seldom ever actually opened the roof but I always had the blind back, it lets so much light in it is lovely.

That's exactly how I would use it. In my current car the blind is always back, I just like the light that it lets in.

Light inside is awesome with the ivory leather. Would I now want one without the panoramic roof?.... No! Makes the car look and feel very classy, practical and very very functional.

Hi,

Now that it's an option again, does anyone have any pictures of(or links to) the Combi Panoramic Sunroof??

Am thinking about biting the bullet and ordering a petrol Superb, with the sunroof, before the end of the Pay No VAT deadline of 2nd May.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Due to pick my new combi up next week so will post some pictures then. I have gone for a White 1.8 DSG with panoramic sunroof and darkened glass.

I have seen it ar the garage but it has all the protective covering's on there at the moment but looks good so far.

C

Counting down the days....

Personal Choice but I would never have a car with a glass roof or sunroof on safety grounds, when looking for my new car this time it ruled out Peugeot imediately. Have a friend whos lost an eye due to glass going in it after his car rolled when he had an accident on the motorway.

Personal Choice but I would never have a car with a glass roof or sunroof on safety grounds, when looking for my new car this time it ruled out Peugeot imediately. Have a friend whos lost an eye due to glass going in it after his car rolled when he had an accident on the motorway.

It would be interesting to know what % of rta's result in injuries caused by glass sunroof's, as opposed to the other glass in the car, fairly low I suspect.

Point noted though. :thumbup:

Hi,

Due to pick my new combi up next week so will post some pictures then. I have gone for a White 1.8 DSG with panoramic sunroof and darkened glass.

I have seen it ar the garage but it has all the protective covering's on there at the moment but looks good so far.

C

Counting down the days....

Can't wait to see it, I've ordered a white Combi 1.8 DSG with sunset glass and just couldn't part with the £1000 for the sunroof, but in the sunshine I bet its awesome.

H

Pardon me, but this sounds a little bit narrow minded - if I'd have this kind of safety issues I'd not put my nose out of my home...

Regarding this one unfortunate coincidence taking so serious decisions is strange. I'd understand if a survey of traffic accidents would specify that e.g. sun-/panoramic roofs pose 60% higher risk or in accidens cause extra damage to people inside vehicle...

sunroof.jpgI love the sunroof and the kids love it as well. With the climate we have today (about 26°C) it's great to open it: no airco necessary.

One sidenote: above 90km/h I don't use the sunroof because it gives too much noise.

Should order it absolutely again.

Hi!

For me it was a No Go. Its definitely a nice, light comfy option but there was at least two drawbacks to it as well: My dealer got one cracked or should I say smashed into a million pieces due to tensions in the glass while going from cold weather into a warm garage. That car stood still for 3 to 4 months waiting for a spare roof. The other issue I had about it is the big possibility that this roof eventually over time could start leaking. Skoda does not have a waterproof (sorry...) history regarding water and leakage so I did not want to challenge my luck on that one. I already stretched it far enough with my felicity interior. :D (witch is still holding up!)

/Superbjoser

I have panoramic sunroof in my current car (came with it second hand) and personally can't remember when I last had it open.

On a negative note it is something else to go wrong and IMO not worth paying extra for.

Certainly not considering one for my immenent order.

Bottom line is - it's your choice!

Whenever its an option I just tick the box. I wouldn't let my dogs go on a long journey without one, and if I had to leave the car unattended for any emergency they'd be more comfortable alive with a sunroof than possibly overheating without one (worst case scenario etc.etc.). So for me it's must in the same way I wouldn't consider a car without airbags.

They're also nice particularly in early spring and late autumn when there's a freshness without too much heat. Also great when driving through forestry when you can get the smell of the trees etc.

Given a choice between sunroof and aircon I'd pick sunroof every time. I've slept in my car in the summer with the roof on tilt and the rain doesn't normally come in. Aircon really requires an engine running too.

Does this mean that they aren't laminated and shatter the same way old screen's used to?

Yes they are made of hardened glass (like the side windows) and are not laminated.

Yes they are made of hardened glass (like the side windows) and are not laminated.

An earlier post suggests that they crack, which suggests to me that they are laminated. Toughened glass does not crack and just crumbles to pieces, like the side windows do when someone breaks in.

What is your source for such a BS??

Å koda's (as all respectable companies) have multiple layer laminated panoramic roofs, as it would be unsafe to have such a large area so prone to impacts.

If usually roof is supposed to stay in one piece why should glass roof (up to it's logical limitations) be of any difference??

(I had the same discussion with our dealership and competent guys)

And again - if ordering Å koda, I'd definitely order one if within budget.

I have a black V6 wagon with panoramic sunroof, ivory leather. People told me that I would be crazy to have the sunroof in our hot climate in South Australia. The reality is otherwise - the glass is athermic and the motorised screen combine to make the car relatively cool - certainly a lot cooler than my other car, a black Citroen C5 without sunroof - unbearably hot after being in the sun for a while in summer. Go for the sunroof!!

I have a black V6 wagon with panoramic sunroof, ivory leather. People told me that I would be crazy to have the sunroof in our hot climate in South Australia. The reality is otherwise - the glass is athermic and the motorised screen combine to make the car relatively cool - certainly a lot cooler than my other car, a black Citroen C5 without sunroof - unbearably hot after being in the sun for a while in summer. Go for the sunroof!!

Black naturally absorbs heat where white reflect's it, as you have the roof and hot air rises it can escape the cabin quicker.