Opinion on wheel design

flashman

I'd be grateful for opinions on these wheels (16") fitted to a Candy white Yeti. I like them, but it's a bit of a gamble. Not ordered them yet, thought I'd see what popular opinion was.

Good and bad...let's have them!

Thanks.

momowheel.jpg

It's a matter of your taste - difficult to coment on.

I liked the Annapurna Black, as the black does not show the brake dust as much as light coloured wheels - but not available in 16" size. I also liked the black mirrors and door handles on a white Yeti, but alas, not possible to change the spec.

I find it difficult to imagine/visualise what they would look like on the car. I wonder if one of the clever bods on here can doctor a photo to put tyres on those, and then put them on a Yeti, so that you can have a better idea?

Personally I wouldn't use alloys with winter tyres. Steels will take the salt damage better.

Sorry, Graham, but I disagree.

Both alloys and steel are painted, and the paint quality on the alloys is much better, so withstand the weather better than the black steel wheels, which were intended to be covered with hubcaps to hide the ugly wheels.

And since alloys always are machined, they are perfectly round - difficult with a stamped and welded steel wheel.

Edited by Agerbundsen

Did flashman mention winter tyres? Think about the millions of alloys that stay on 99.9% of cars all year round anyway. I think the wheels are stunning, wish they came as standard!

Did flashman mention winter tyres?

I think it might be in the title!!

I'm not argueing with anyone, just that I would prefer steels in the winter.

With you on this one Graham but purely from the point of view that if they get damaged there a lot cheaper to replace. From experience there's is a greater likelihood of this happening in the winter with potholes etc. and in rockhoppers case bits of corroded exhaust falling of trucks :doh:

TP

Wheels looks nice! I am not sure but would 15" makes more sense, since you may have more choice on winter tyres?

15" are not recommend by the manufacturer for the Yeti and will probably not fit over the brake discs in most cases.

Regards,

TP

15" are not recommend by the manufacturer for the Yeti and will probably not fit over the brake discs in most cases.

Regards,

TP

Ah, ok thanks! Coincidentally, just been browsing the site OP posted, the BBS RS replicas look nice, and I think the OZ wheels next the OP's is priced very similarly.

Sorry, I missed that! Should always read the small print!

Edited by Horacecoker

's OK, whatever floats your boat.

Life would be so damn boring without differing opinoins.

's OK, whatever floats your boat.

Life would be so damn boring without differing opinoins.

They won't float without tyres on them, and then only with air in them. :giggle:

I'll get my coat.

With you on this one Graham but purely from the point of view that if they get damaged there a lot cheaper to replace. From experience there's is a greater likelihood of this happening in the winter with potholes etc. and in rockhoppers case bits of corroded exhaust falling of trucks :doh:

TP

Thats right. I had to have 2 wheels attended to as they were bent in the altercation with a piece of lorry exhaust which I hit when on the M25 in January. I think a club hammer was used. I looked the other way........emoticon-0140-rofl.gif and put earplugs in....

Wheels look great and will really suit the white beast and look easy to clean (they pass my benchmark the sponge test will it get in easily to clean), only use 16" or 17" that are recomended for your car and also put a good coat of wax polish on them to protect them from salt etc.I ran alloys on mine with snow tyres from the end of october until the end of april no issues with corrosion etc just wash them once a week with warm soapy water and dont let it build up.

Take some pictures when you fit them and post them please.

Good luck with your car

Peter