Retrofit Cruise Control

Intrestng thread . Ive just ordered mine from skoda yesterday and should be here tomorrow . £69 inc VAT , but got mine for £63 as my dad its trade . Ill post some pictures up tomorrow if i get 5 minutes

Intrestng thread . Ive just ordered mine from skoda yesterday and should be here tomorrow . £69 inc VAT , but got mine for £63 as my dad its trade . Ill post some pictures up tomorrow if i get 5 minutes

That sounds very cheap for the full kit. I hope you got both looms and stalk in that kit for the 1.8t petrol engine.

That sounds very cheap for the full kit. I hope you got both looms and stalk in that kit for the 1.8t petrol engine.

Have just bought today a cruise control kit from skoda for my sons vrs octavia(vrs nick). switch,one loom and book on how to fit. paid £63 all in from them TPS £69 all in. Just fitted the switch and ran the wires to fuse box and to the ecu to night ( was getting to dark to finsh off)

did try running wire down left hand side, but found that time you followed the loom and then across the car wire to fuse box would have only just been long enough .

Best way is to run the wire from the switch down the right hand side where the wiper loom goes, have got a good foot of wire left to the fuse and also the ecu.

hopefully finsh friday or saturday ;)

Edited by wolfinsheepsclothing

Have just bought today a cruise control kit from skoda for my sons vrs octavia(vrs nick). switch,one loom and book on how to fit. paid £63 all in from them TPS £69 all in. Just fitted the switch and ran the wires to fuse box and to the ecu to night ( was getting to dark to finsh off)

did try running wire down left hand side, but found that time you followed the loom and then across the car wire to fuse box would have only just been long enough .

Best way is to run the wire from the switch down the right hand side where the wiper loom goes, have got a good foot of wire left to the fuse and also the ecu.

Good job !

yes you are definetly right with running the wires down the righthand side I have fitted a few of these and also have only had one loom from skoda they must of had cut backs to save a few pennies on the extra crimp terminals needed to go in to the bulkhead connectors with two looms not that it makes any difference really less connections to go wrong the better.

Bazaa

• Like 1

Good news, sounds like you are nearly there with the job. :thumbup:

I bought parts separate

small loom 121 poll cable from black relay box to ECU = £23

Switch Loom from stalk to relay/fuse box = £33

Second hand stalk = £10

so not bad as ended up paying the same.

Interesting that they make the loom one piece now.

I am waiting on the switch loom to come, but will have a go fitting next week and post pics.

And i also researched that the loom can be routed right hand side so will be doing that to.

...only had one loom from skoda they must of had cut backs to save a few pennies on the extra crimp terminals...

Interesting you say that. The move from three looms to one coincided with the 'New Lower Price' for BEA300003.

I would love to get cruise fitted to my car (02, 1.9 TDI) does anyone know approximatelly how much an auto electrician would charge to do this???

Unit 18 (a site sponsor) has it listed at £162 including everything.

To those people that are fitting this themselves - do you also need VAGCOM to enable the system to work?

I would love to have cruse control on mine and im sure I could fit it myself but I do not have VAGCOM.

To those people that are fitting this themselves - do you also need VAGCOM to enable the system to work?

I would love to have cruse control on mine and im sure I could fit it myself but I do not have VAGCOM.

Yes you do need VAGCOM to get to the controllers to activate Cruise Control.

Hi mali did u manage to install it all ok in the end or are you waiting for more parts?

bazaa

Haven't gotten around to it yet mate. Plus I've just realised I dont have one of those spline bit tool thingies so I will have to get one of those from somewhere before I proceed.

I already had one of those usb>serial cables that I bought for the furby so I installed VCDS lite and enabled cruise control and auto close open windows on remote.

I might have a look this weekend...

Haven't gotten around to it yet mate. Plus I've just realised I dont have one of those spline bit tool thingies so I will have to get one of those from somewhere before I proceed.

The spline bit is called a M12 XZN bit this is not the same as a M12 spline ,some people have used a T55 torx bit but always better to get the correct tool for the job.

Good Luck

Bazaa

The spline bit is called a M12 XZN bit this is not the same as a M12 spline ,some people have used a T55 torx bit but always better to get the correct tool for the job.

Good Luck

Bazaa

Hmmm, I have a T55. Would I be risking damaging anything if I used the T55?

Hmmm, I have a T55. Would I be risking damaging anything if I used the T55?

Probably not ,remove the airbag and try it for size,a T55 has 6 splines and a M12 XZN has twelve splines ,unless a gorilla had wrenched your bolt up should be ok.If in doubt order something like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-40Pc-Torx-Spline-Bits/dp/B001P0GOKY

Edited by bazaa

I have 2002 OI 1.6 AVU engine. The wires from the cruise control switches are supposed to be connected to the pins 1,2,3,9 on the black connector in the box under the wiper motor. Then the 9th should also go to 5th fuse. Now my confusion started when I opened the box and there were some wires already connected to those pins. Am I supposed to add my wires there or replace those wires with mine? Does anybody know what those wires might be? My fuzzy understanding was the connectors come from switches and devices and the sockets lead to the ECU. could someone explain please.

Have you traced the wiring to see where it goes? The second loom is only needed for the 1.8t engine, as such, you may already have part of the loom already there.

I already had one of those usb>serial cables that I bought for the furby so I installed VCDS lite and enabled cruise control and auto close open windows on remote.

I might have a look this weekend...

Interested to know the controllers and what you did to get window auto close working. I kind of got that working but you have to keep your finger on remote to close windows when locking car. I have forgot a few times and went back to car with windows still open.

Interested to know the controllers and what you did to get window auto close working. I kind of got that working but you have to keep your finger on remote to close windows when locking car. I have forgot a few times and went back to car with windows still open.

I still have to keep my finger on lock to close and unlock to open, tbh Im happy with it like that.

Is that including all parts, or just labour only?

I would say that is for the whole kit and fitting. A number of places do it for that kind of price. It does not take long to fit.

I would say that is for the whole kit and fitting. A number of places do it for that kind of price. It does not take long to fit.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the North East that they could recomend?

• 1 month later...

HELP : iv got an 03 reg octavia diesel

what do i need as im confused over this 1 or 2 or 3 looms thing

also need to find some1 local to shropshire to turn it on in the engine management computer too