News on ordered vRS's

hi i got an email earlier from my dealer shown below for my order that i placed on feb 7th

hope this helps some of you :0)

Good Afternoon Richard, Just to let you know that all Skoda models will now be a 2012 build, a 2012 Fabia vRS has changes that effect the car you have ordered, the car will now come with a black package, it features a black gloss front grille and headlights with darkened glass, as seen on the Fabia Monte Carlo also It will be possible to enter seven-digit postcodes into the Amundsen satellite navigation system, Map data will also be loaded on to the internal hard drives, rather than being issued on CDs. This means it will be the latest model available as a result of this update all cars on order within the entire network have been removed and been re-entered then manually checked, so as we stand today I don’t have a build week for your car, this does not mean its been delayed its just we don’t have a confirmed build week, I will keep you updated and will let you know of any changes.

you will do as it says all cars in the entire network will get it

It was originally only cars after week 2 but does seem that ALL vehicles will get that regardless now.. interesting

My monte will look less special now :( grrr vRS owners!

Edited by adamc260

Looking at your email again it dose seem that they have moved the year 12 production date forward from week 22 to week 19 so me and frobb may get the black pack after all. Be a nice suprise if I do. Hope you don't to to long of a wait for your car.

hi i got an email earlier from my dealer shown below for my order that i placed on feb 7th

hope this helps some of you :0)

Good Afternoon Richard, Just to let you know that all Skoda models will now be a 2012 build, a 2012 Fabia vRS has changes that effect the car you have ordered, the car will now come with a black package, it features a black gloss front grille and headlights with darkened glass, as seen on the Fabia Monte Carlo also It will be possible to enter seven-digit postcodes into the Amundsen satellite navigation system, Map data will also be loaded on to the internal hard drives, rather than being issued on CDs. This means it will be the latest model available as a result of this update all cars on order within the entire network have been removed and been re-entered then manually checked, so as we stand today I don’t have a build week for your car, this does not mean its been delayed its just we don’t have a confirmed build week, I will keep you updated and will let you know of any changes.

I

I odered my vrs 21 febuary and ive got a build week of 18, phoned today and was told it had been built and that it is on its way to germany, but i asked about the black package and was told i would not be on my car, so it looks like some are told one thing and otheres are told something else, i wounder what i will get in the end.

Seems strange you have such a long wait like frobb I ordered mine at the end of March and have been confirmed build week 20. Maybe the satnavs are holding back production of some cars.

It's all a bit weird this build week thing, I ordered my VRS on 7th March, originally told build week twenty but this has now been put back to late August, and no I haven't ordered satnav. What the heck are they playing at, the experience is really putting me off the Skoda brand as a future purchase.

Edited by Beerbelly

Beerbelly check with your dealer when I ordered mine in late March I was original told mid may then on the day I ordered it I was told September. Then got a phone call last week saying it was confirmed for week 20.

Been told the same with our TSi DSG Elegance order, unable to give us anymore info until the MY12 orders are reinputed and sorted out.

Cheers

Lee

I wonder I'd the belays are due to the options people have selected mine was ordered last day in March and last wEek was corfirmed for build week 20 which is a very short wait when compared to some but it is quit a basic spec car.

Red

Black roof

Black wheels

Cruise

Climate

Harry

I ordered 21st feb so roughly a week before you and mine is at the dealers this week. Difference is I didn't order climate or cruise so there's your answer I guess.

As I say, I ordered mine 30th March. I ordered Black wheels and Roof, Rallye Green. Cruise, heated seats, bluetooth and the MSFW. Hardly a bog standard order? and all built and probably delivered in 10 weeks? Which is pretty quick considering a lot of peoples orders are taking 15-20 and even more?

Seems funny because I ordered mine on the 23rd march and still no build week (White,black alloys,sat nav,Bluetooth and mfsw)but also my dealer said I will be getting a 2012 order hopefully will get an update soon :(

Seems funny because I ordered mine on the 23rd march and still no build week (White,black alloys,sat nav,Bluetooth and mfsw)but also my dealer said I will be getting a 2012 order hopefully will get an update soon :(

Same as me FishVrs, ordered mine on 19th March with pretty much the same spec as your's and still haven't got a build week

ordered mine week 11 - green, black roof, cruise - its built and on the way to the port in Germany, so 8 weeks B)

don't really make any sense at all :no:

had a word with my dealer (sounds a bit conspicuous...)

it seems black pack is still from week 22 onwards, and as my car has been moved right up to build week 19 i wont be getting it without paying. only really want the grill anyway. see email below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ashley,

Tried returning call this morning but unable to get through. The black pack is only being added to the vRS from week 22. Please let me know if you would like me to enquire as to whether the black part above the grille is available for retro fitting on the vRS.

Thanks

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the Skoda UK website may be updating getting ready for the MY12 cars. I checked the online car configurator last night and it was down for maintenance and it’s still down now. Perhaps they are updating to the next years spec.

had a word with my dealer (sounds a bit conspicuous...)

it seems black pack is still from week 22 onwards, and as my car has been moved right up to build week 19 i wont be getting it without paying. only really want the grill anyway. see email below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ashley,

Tried returning call this morning but unable to get through. The black pack is only being added to the vRS from week 22. Please let me know if you would like me to enquire as to whether the black part above the grille is available for retro fitting on the vRS.

Thanks

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The black pack seems to be reaching mythical status on here at the moment. I'd wait and see what arrives before ordering the grill. The dealers don't even seem to know what is happening.

Spoken to Skoda UK today and as far as they know the Black Pack stuff is still from week 22 but couldn't confirm this. So if a car turns up with the black pack we know what build week it starts :)

Mines just been confirmed as week 20 so will be built next monday :D

Ad Lav, if your near Janner you can't be too far away from me, I'm to the west of Medway but close enough for my son to go to school there. When yours arrives that'll be 2 White vRS estates in North Kent, that I know of.

I might have to get shot of it, becoming far too common.:D

Spoken to Skoda UK today and as far as they know the Black Pack stuff is still from week 22 but couldn't confirm this. So if a car turns up with the black pack we know what build week it starts :)

Mines just been confirmed as week 20 so will be built next monday :D

Definitely same build week mate ;)..... It's a race to the docks! haha!