Photo to line drawing

I'm hoping to get some t-shirts made up for Fabia VRS owners but need to sort an image.

Now to keep costs down I was gunna go with a single colour scrren print as per this golf gti shirt

golfgtishirt.png

However nomatter how many processes i try in photoshop and illustrator combined I cannont end up with a decent single flat colour vector graphic like the golf one above.

Anyone have the know how??

was thinking this image minus the background and changing the screen to plain transparent to get rid of the left hook interior and lady driver

skoda-fabia-rs.jpg

although to be fair i'd take any useable half decent image! :D

A bit like this - need a better photo really to complete a better one:

37a3fd0a.jpg

Thanks Guys

Those were about the result i could get out of the automated processes.

I gave up nd started from scratch in illustrator.

have go as far as this so far

Skoda-Fabia2.jpg

B)

Pasty - I used to do this a hobbie of mine. Haven't done it for a year but after seeing this, you have me interested again. I will try and do one for you. Then you can choose.

Old work

VICTORY_by_daNte06.png

hamann_ferrari_599_by_daNte06.jpg

murcielago_rhythm_of_lines_by_daNte06.png

Non car related but probably my best one todate

dave_grohl_by_daNte06.jpg

Top banana fella really impressive work!

any chance you could turn it into a single solid black?

I guess that'd be remove the background and the shadow at the front.

Maybe outline the edges of tyres in white? wheel arches?

How d'you do that?!

+1....

Been using Photoshop for years and haven't even attempted anything like this. The only way I would think about doing it would be to make a negative, turn it into a 'stamp' then stamp the image in black? This looks drawn using Serif Pro maybe?

+1....

Been using Photoshop for years and haven't even attempted anything like this. The only way I would think about doing it would be to make a negative, turn it into a 'stamp' then stamp the image in black? This looks drawn using Serif Pro maybe?

Using photoshop...

Get a high resolution image and open it in photoshop.

Duplicate the layer and press crtl+i to invert the colours. Where things are two white or blend into one another you will need to burn or dodge these areas otherwise they will get lost.

Go to filters > stylise > find edges.

Save this image

Using illustrator...

Open the image up in illustrator and draw over it. This is what takes the real effort and practise. Its all about how you see the image. Knowing what to draw and not what to draw. Takes a lot of practise.

lamborghini_gallardo_3__4_by_daNte06.png