vRS Tyres

Thought it was about time someone started a thread about tyres :rofl:

Anyone need a new set yet? I presume most from new were on Conti's or on Dunlop Sport Maxx? What mileages have people done in their vRS's so far?

Anyone need a new set yet? I presume most from new were on Conti's or on Dunlop Sport Maxx? What mileages have people done in their vRS's so far?

hehe, havnt seen a tyre threat for a while :giggle:

Im on Dunlop Maxx, only 4k so far, no signs of wear yet.

Mileage 9677

Going for Toyo T1R or Avon ZZ3 for the fronts next.

i will never ever ever ever use toyo T1Rs again. absolutely sh!te tyre. the only positive i found is it handled aqua planing very well. Its a very old design now and nowhere near the performance of the newer brands. I took mine off after around 5k and sold them off. replaced them with vredestein Ultrac sessantas which were light years ahead in every aspect.

Id be tempted with Uniroyal rainsports, however im thinking i might just go for some toyo R1R semi slicks, as in the winter i put proper winter tyres on

It's been covered in other threads but nvm. Done 11500 on Dunlops and they've still got plenty of tread left. That's after a short track day as well. They are a harder tyre though.

Will be buying Uniroyals when the time comes.

i will never ever ever ever use toyo T1Rs again. absolutely sh!te tyre. the only positive i found is it handled aqua planing very well. Its a very old design now and nowhere near the performance of the newer brands. I took mine off after around 5k and sold them off. replaced them with vredestein Ultrac sessantas which were light years ahead in every aspect.

Id be tempted with Uniroyal rainsports, however im thinking i might just go for some toyo R1R semi slicks, as in the winter i put proper winter tyres on

I have Toyo T1R's on my Octavia..They are excellent..Much quieter, excellent grip in the wet and dry..I recommend them

I had them on my old Fabia vRs too :thumbup:

I run Pirelli Pzero Neros on my current car, can't fault them really. Excellent grip in the dy and wet, and they last a very long time as well.

couldnt agree more... had them on my Ibiza, granted its only a 1.6 105bhp, but ive covered almost 15000 miles and i still have 5.5mm on the backs, and 3.5mm on the fronts... at least another 5000 left in them if you took them to the limits.

Everyone should fit Uniroyal Rain Sport 2 ( Rain Masters ) Awesome in the Dry, even better in the Wet

Then there would be no reason for a "Which Tyre Thread" every other week

Just my 2p's Worth

+1, there awesome tyres.

Tempted by the Uniroyal Rainsports for my next tyres...

£94 per tyre from Event Tyres.

I have the Dunlop SP's at the moment, they seems great for wear and in the dry, but I don't like them in the wet or slippery conditions...just don't seem to have the same amount of grip at all.

I have Toyo T1R's on my Octavia..They are excellent..Much quieter, excellent grip in the wet and dry..I recommend them

I had them on my old Fabia vRs too :thumbup:

BUT in comparison to the pilot exaltos, and pilotsports 2s that were on before they understeered alot more, especially in the first few 100 miles. All of them in comparison gave more grip from the offset than the toyos did after 1k.

i was really disappointed and would normally just track the car alot more to destroy them if i dont like the way they drive. i thought they were that poor tat id rather sell them when they still had a good 10ks tread left.

As a point of interest, what tyres do you compare them to? I will nearly always go for top spec top end performance tyres.

Do you track your car? have your cars been running stage 2+ power outputs as this is mainly what i bias my tyre experience on, and with the output and use i subject tyres to they just didnt perform as well as others in the same price range do.

They were ok in the rain, though, agree there