Vrs Front Bumper

I am not having much luck in finding a vRS front bumper for mine which needs replacing, I am guessing it is just the outer skin.

What I am wondering is has anyone ever priced a new one.

Part number etc is in the Useful parts numbers thread.

RS Front bumper (not painted)

1U0807221G @ £122.64

Price has probably gone up a bit though, and that won't include any grilles etc.

Unmarked vRS bumpers in breakers are like rocking horse manure.

New (black, unpainted) are approx. £130.

Expect to pay £100 - £125 for painting.

(I know, I've been thinking of sorting out some car park scrapes on mine - bl**dy barstewards - and have been getting quotes, but am coming to the conclusion that it's going to be a rattle can and elbow grease job.)

Thanks all.

This is mine at the moment, well one poor area the whole bumper has marks and little bits of paint have come off, in the past it had a light knock / repair, the paint is not great but the price I paid for the car made up for it, speaking to my mate today about spraying it and he said that it would be better to get another bumper and spray it, then sell this one on etc, it would be easier for me as well as I am not keen on leaving the car with no front bumper on it for 4 days.

I will price a new one in the morning.

octavia064.jpg

Edited by wayned

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, collected it yesterday, top notch job by a local bodyshop that do a lot of work for BMW, Audi and Mercedes etc.

various232005.jpg

Edited by wayned

looks good :thumbup: I got a new one fitted last year after one of our contractors reversed into the front of my car in a transit :(

We must have two of the only VRS's on the road with scuff free bumpers B)

Quick update, collected it yesterday, top notch job by a local bodyshop that do a lot of work for BMW, Audi and Mercedes etc.

Nice job. How much did the paint job set you back?