MY12 model here already ?

Long story short(ish). I went into the dealer this afternoon to do the paperwork & pay the rest of deposit off etc...

I returned home & read through finance document. At the top it has the following next to the Make, Model, Variant: SKODA OCTAVIA 5DR HAT TDI CR vRS 12. Is this a MY12 model already, i thought they are not do to be built until around week 20-22? My car was built on week 19, too early surely ???

I collect tomorrow afternoon or Sat am depending on PDI etc. Are there any tell tell signs I need to look out for to identify it as a MY12 model ?

Any advice would be much appreciated - Mark

I was told that my car which is being built this week, build week 21 would not be a MY12 as they won't be built until later but they might be wrong and the new My12 may have already begun.

sometimes they change little things between years... for example my 11 has needle sweep, I know some of the earlier FLs didnt...

OK that seems reasonable. I'll hopefully know more in the next 24 hrs. I'll let you know

sometimes they change little things between years... for example my 11 has needle sweep, I know some of the earlier FLs didnt...

My 59 plate 2010 has needle sweep.

My mate has a 2011 11 plate and his gear knob is different, nicer IMO. His sill protectors are also different. I think the alarm beep is also quieter.

Edited by prolfe

They do not always add things at the MY change, sometimes things which were previously standard become options and so are not fitted to the later MY cars therefore newer MY cars may be less spec'd than the previous one. This could be more whats happening at the moment given the recent comments by VAG who want to make the gap greater between VW and Skoda by reducing kit and increasing profit margin on them.

Take the Golf for example, its more expensive than the Octy and less equipped. The Octy is sold on a smaller profit margin as it has more kit, VAG want the kit cut down so that as a price comparison by the time you have added the kit back as options the Octy will be priced similarly to the Golf.

Think you may be right. I had a quick look at the Skoda website and the tyre monitoring system which was standard on the vrs appears to be an option now. I'll be checking mine carefully when it gets here in next couple of weeks.

Think you may be right. I had a quick look at the Skoda website and the tyre monitoring system which was standard on the vrs appears to be an option now. I'll be checking mine carefully when it gets here in next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't read too much into what the equipment pages on website say as they are wildly inaccurate. Here are just some of the inaccuracies:

• vRS Estate and vRS Hatchback options lists are completely different
  • TPM is listed as standard under exterior equipment and an extra under safety equipment on the hatchback
  • Under safety equipment you get ABS, MBA, MSR, ASR, ESP and XDS as standard but they list ESP as a £395 extra!

You are best off looking at the brochures - the latest is dated 28th March and doesn't seem to include MY12 changes.

My bet for MY12 is that they will try and reduce the discounting by offering a 5 year warranty in the very near future , along with an ever increasing options list .

Steve W

I wouldn't read too much into what the equipment pages on website say as they are wildly inaccurate. Here are just some of the inaccuracies:

• vRS Estate and vRS Hatchback options lists are completely different
  • TPM is listed as standard under exterior equipment and an extra under safety equipment on the hatchback
  • Under safety equipment you get ABS, MBA, MSR, ASR, ESP and XDS as standard but they list ESP as a £395 extra!

You are best off looking at the brochures - the latest is dated 28th March and doesn't seem to include MY12 changes.

My 59 plate 2010 has needle sweep.

My mate has a 2011 11 plate and his gear knob is different, nicer IMO. His sill protectors are also different. I think the alarm beep is also quieter.

Our Limited Edition (09) has an aluminium finish to the gear knob, but others I have seen (Limited Editions also) have the chrome finish! Weird! However... I wonder if the MY12 cars have these new silver roof rails? Do any pre-2011 cars have the silver roof rails? Ours are black... maybe the silver is part of the MY12 change? Just a thought...

Edited by Octy09

I got mine late in the day on Saturday. It is cracking. Mine has TPM, silver kick plates (vRS), sweeping needle (looks sporty), shorter shift stick & most importantly Conti tyres! I think mine is not a MY12. Not that i'm at all dissapointed ! :giggle:

I have only put 40 miles on the clock so far, i've been working so much over the weekend & this coming week seems busy too. Hopefully i'll get some miles under the belt this coming wk end. What I need is a friend who needs a lift to the airport so i've got an excuse to shoot off for a few hours. hee-hee

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

I got mine late in the day on Saturday. It is cracking. Mine has TPM, silver kick plates (vRS), sweeping needle (looks sporty), shorter shift stick & most importantly Conti tyres! I think mine is not a MY12. Not that i'm at all dissapointed ! :giggle:

I have only put 40 miles on the clock so far, i've been working so much over the weekend & this coming week seems busy too. Hopefully i'll get some miles under the belt this coming wk end. What I need is a friend who needs a lift to the airport so i've got an excuse to shoot off for a few hours. hee-hee

Getting mine on Saturday. BW 20 so not a bad turn around. :clap: Will be checking for TPM and ESP since they were standard when I ordered. Also hoping for Conti's. Can't wait ! I will be off to the airport shortly but sadly only in a bog standard hire car :doh:

Getting mine on Saturday. BW 20 so not a bad turn around. :clap: Will be checking for TPM and ESP since they were standard when I ordered. Also hoping for Conti's. Can't wait ! I will be off to the airport shortly but sadly only in a bog standard hire car :doh:

Yours will have the TPM and ESP MY12 did not start until week 22 and I don't imagine that the Vrs would lose ESP

New brochure dated 1/6/2011 on Skoda web site. Prices up I think..

My Aqua Blue L&K is going to be rare as they've dropped the colour. Have seen a few other Aqua Octavias but not a L&K - its a brill colour for staying clean looking!

New brochure dated 1/6/2011 on Skoda web site. Prices up I think..

My Aqua Blue L&K is going to be rare as they've dropped the colour. Have seen a few other Aqua Octavias but not a L&K - its a brill colour for staying clean looking!

Just had a check through the new brochure. The only changes are:

• Updated to the new corporate branding.
  • Base prices are up across the range (roughly a £200 increase).
  • Inclusion of SE Plus spec.
  • Storm Blue & Aqua Blue replaced by Petrol Blue & Steel Grey.
  • Rosso Brunello is now 'subject to availability' :S

Add to that a single exhaust for diesels rather than twin pipes;

vRS or just 'standard' diesels? I'm guessing it's just the standard diesels as Seats and VWs already have single pipes for the lower powered models.

vRS or just 'standard' diesels? I'm guessing it's just the standard diesels as Seats and VWs already have single pipes for the lower powered models.

I'm 99.99% sure that the diesel vRS retains the twin pipes.

Also picked up mine on 26th May after the third attempt at visiting the garage that day. (bit keen...) MY12 CR TDI on the paperwork (Candy White)

Mine has TPM

silver kick plates with VRS on,

I think the gear shift is shorter

Also the gear shift is black with silver surround like the elegance, insead of the silver/chrome top :(

Dunlop tires :(

Ordered it 28th september last year (short wait lol)

got an elegance to drive for free for 4 months as the order was delayed

Chuffed to bits with mine :giggle:

MY2012 from 22nd week of 2011:

• based on the Ambiente trim level, the environmentally-friendly Green-tec version of Octavia 1.4 TSI 90 kW (122 PS) became available with manual transmission.

• optional independent additional heating comes with remote control automatically

• towing bar option is available for Octavia RS

• Amundsen navigation system includes maps and a GSM-II hands-free module (Bluetooth)

• DAB receiver is available

• NEW colours available: ◦Lava Blue metallic (0F0F) & ◦Platin Grey metallic (2G2G)

• colours NO LONGER available: ◦Storm Blue metallic (8D8D) & ◦Aqua Blue metallic (3U3U)

Also picked up mine on 26th May after the third attempt at visiting the garage that day. (bit keen...) MY12 CR TDI on the paperwork (Candy White)

Mine has TPM

silver kick plates with VRS on,

I think the gear shift is shorter

Also the gear shift is black with silver surround like the elegance, insead of the silver/chrome top :(

Dunlop tires :(

All those things (apart from the Dunlop tyres) are on my MY11 car (built wk 16).

Everything built before week 22 is MY11 week 22 and onwards is MY12, my new vrs was built week 21 and Took delivery yesterday and I was happy to find it came with continentals instead of the dunlops I was expecting :smirk: