Are Scouts getting a bit common now?

Someone must be getting deliveries because I have seen at least 5 over the last week around Tunbridge Wells & Tonbridge, and not just the same one either. Saw two one one short trip.

Seen a bright red one which didn't suit it (I thought), a dark grey one, a dark green one, and the others where grey & silver.

Seen a few Yetis around as well now.

Is it just me, or are there now more on the road?

Define common, I don't think any Skoda model will ever be common.

The Octavia Scout will always be a rare sight (outside Tunbridge Wells!)

Its rareness and uniqueness was one of the appeals to me.

Was in local b&q other day two scouts (fl and pre fl) and a vrs, I parked between them to help so they could all catch up!

One thing I did think of was if i remember newspaper bits from a few years back, if a group of rovers (I think) ware parked next to each they would all unlock.... Something like only 10 codes.

James

Not common enough yet :giggle: They're on the increase but nowhere near Ford Mondeo territory.

Vrs's are on the up too, last ~march time i hadn't seen any Vrs's locally, now there's a few knocking about.

Been thinking about a Greenline II or a 4x4 Estate via Drive the Deal, however I've plodded round a few dealers too, and one showed me this:

IMG_0237.jpg

Now having to do some serious thinking! Not sure on Cappuccino; but trust me it does look a load better in the flesh!

Shame SWMBO got her new car today; i probably could have used that "wedge" elsewhere!!!! Not sure she would have been as happy though!

It was the first one i'd seen in the flesh without all the local Ambulance gear on them! Then on way home spotted a silver one! It had very discrete blue lights on its bumper & grill; so guess it also belongs one of the emergency services!

Seem to an influx around here too!

I was told on Wednesday mine is at Emden and it should be here within 2 weeks :) As it was ordered on 23rd December with a 6 month wait, I suppose we are just about in time. Now to see how much the insuarnce will have gone up by :(

Edited by alannfrost

I was told on Wednesday mine is at Emden and it should be here within 2 weeks :) As it was ordered on 23rd December with a 6 month wait, I suppose we are just about in time. Now to see how much the insuarnce will have gone up by :(

Pleased for you :) but not for me, ordered mine 22 Nov and isn't built yet, hopefully week 24 (week after next) but not confirmed yet :thumbdown:

There is something going on around Tunbridge Wells aka Scout City. I saw my first ever there - a nice pre-facelift Satin Grey one, and then visited some gardens around the corner and there were two in the car park. Otherwise, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 on the road. Of course, mine is now adding to their 'common-ness'!

Our neighbours opposite have friends visiting and they have a Black FL Scout.

Other than that not seen to many locally.

Same here pleased for you mines was ordered 1st week in December and still no sign have been told week 24 though still to be confirmed!

We have had ours now for 3 weeks after 7 months of waiting and it's great! Just can't get over the amount of car you get for the price of a Golf. Definitly worth the wait.

One (minor) complaint from the kids in the back though has been the rock-hard suspension, but that might better be a subject of an other post.

I do see more scouts around in these parts (Berks/Wilts), but not more than once every week or so and maybe that's because I am now looking out for them.

mlp - if the suspension feels rock hard it might be worth checking the springs for the shipping clamps which should be removed on the PDI. These are plastic 'combs' that slot into the springs to stop the car bouncing about on the train and ferries.

My Scout is more forgiving than either my Focus (sports suspension) or standard Octavia Elegance - in fact it was one of the reasons for buying it because of the rubbish road surface and humps where I live. It is harder than a lot of French and luxury cars however.

mlp - if the suspension feels rock hard it might be worth checking the springs for the shipping clamps which should be removed on the PDI. These are plastic 'combs' that slot into the springs to stop the car bouncing about on the train and ferries.

My Scout is more forgiving than either my Focus (sports suspension) or standard Octavia Elegance - in fact it was one of the reasons for buying it because of the rubbish road surface and humps where I live. It is harder than a lot of French and luxury cars however.

It does feel quite 'crashy' at times and it bothers me sometimes more than i care to admit, so i will definitely have a look. Is it just a matter of checking in the wheelarches?

having said that, it would be a major mistake to make by the dealers and potentially quite dangerous too??

It does feel quite 'crashy' at times and it bothers me sometimes more than i care to admit, so i will definitely have a look. Is it just a matter of checking in the wheelarches?

having said that, it would be a major mistake to make by the dealers and potentially quite dangerous too??

Yes it would be - but there have been examples on this forum where they've been forgotten. If you look in the arches they are fairly obvious - blue plastic I think on the springs all round. I think in hindsight, that mine rides best when its full of stuff - if can be a bit crashy when empty. Have you got a spare - I bet not having that in makes a difference.

Les.

There is something going on around Tunbridge Wells aka Scout City. I saw my first ever there - a nice pre-facelift Satin Grey one, and then visited some gardens around the corner and there were two in the car park. Otherwise, I've only ever seen 2 or 3 on the road. Of course, mine is now adding to their 'common-ness'!

I suspect that Satin Grey one was me. I have an '07 pre face lift, and have only seen one other in Satin and that was not around Tunbridge Wells.

Been around for about 4 years now so they will be getting more common but I still only see maybe a couple a month & I'm on the road a lot.

I parked next to an antracite one at the park the other weekend, but I think it's one that I've parked next to at the pool also. Other than that, I've seen 4 on the road. Not altogether common in Sydney - an Outback is the default choice here.....

Great Captain Kremen - great to meet you! I've got a Satin Grey facelift now as a result of seeing yours. There are some pics on Photobucket if interested. Not that I'm impressionable at all...